G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Opinion please - should I or should I not paint my Carbon Fiber hood?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 12:57 AM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigjee
I hope everyone here who is saying "paint it paint it" knows that a tri stage paint is a bitch to match.
Good luck trying to get a hood to match fender and bumpers without a blend on the fenders and repainting the bumper.

Take it from a guy who has IP; dont repaint just one panel of your car, its gonna stick out like a sore thumb (especially for a car thats 7 years old).

Like mustang suggested : replace the hood with your oem one and sell the CF hood.

In that case, you'll need to repaint fender and bumpers to match your hood.
Blend fenders in and repaint bumper with the hood so that it matches perfectly.
Ack, I forgot about how hard it was to repaint the side sills and rear lower bumper 7 years ago. It looks good, but I can see the color change. I need to repair the front bumper and replace the rear bumper. Maybe the whole car is in need of a new paint jobby. Thanks for the reminder on this. I might just go with new clear on the hood vs dropping a couple k on new paint...

Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
Not really sure why your even trolling this thread.
Because, I find it entertaining trolling those who sound like trolls.

But I'll contribute: Unpainted carbon fiber looks hideous when mixed with painted panels IMO.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Ack, I forgot about how hard it was to repaint the side sills and rear lower bumper 7 years ago. It looks good, but I can see the color change. I need to repair the front bumper and replace the rear bumper. Maybe the whole car is in need of a new paint jobby. Thanks for the reminder on this. I might just go with new clear on the hood vs dropping a couple k on new paint...
That change in color is what kills me on the inside every time i see my car now.
I just hate the difference in color. But with idiots on the streets who key or scratch your car or casue you to repaint it; what can you do.

Anyhow, i'd stick with just the clear coat on the CF hood and call it a day. Save yourself money and your car will still look just as good the day you put that CF hood on.

The following users liked this post:
Skyline_G35 (06-06-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 01:07 AM
English dude, English
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Because, I find it entertaining trolling those who sound like trolls.

But I'll contribute: Unpainted carbon fiber looks hideous when mixed with painted panels IMO.
I'm not sure how I fit the troll bill being that I've been here 10years....

Old 06-06-2013, 01:09 AM
An internet tough guy is all the same to me. Besides, I'm bored too

Old 06-06-2013, 01:18 AM
English dude, English
Originally Posted by bigjee
That change in color is what kills me on the inside every time i see my car now.
I just hate the difference in color. But with idiots on the streets who key or scratch your car or casue you to repaint it; what can you do.

Anyhow, i'd stick with just the clear coat on the CF hood and call it a day. Save yourself money and your car will still look just as good the day you put that CF hood on.
Yup. Its the stupid things that seem to tick me off the most. Both front and rear bumpers were looking great until about 3 years ago. Backing out of a parking lot and some idiot ricer in an old Q45 with a fart can on the rear decided to blow through the isle doing about 40. His back right wheel clipped my rear bumper and Stillen Cat Back exhaust and bent the **** out of it. Dude already had damage to that part of the car with major rust and he tried to claim that I did all that damage to his car. Needless to say, I was responsible since I was backing up, but all my insurance company paid out to him was for a repair to his rim since my tips scraped them up. Then less than a year later doing 80mph on the freeway, I hit a CAT!. Cat went right through that little hole underneath the license plate area, bent my heat exchanger to my Stillen SC almost in half and then shot out the passenger front wheel taking out the inner plastic fender. So now I have all these spider cracks in the front bumper that looks like crap and a rear bumper that is actually cracked by that guy in the parking lot. I've thought long and hard about selling it, but after doing some work to it recently (replaced old AVIC N1 headunit for a newer double din model, new tires, getting the exhaust straightened out, putting new belts on the car and getting a proper alignment) I'm in love with it again. I just love this car. Seriously, who keeps a car 10 years and is still in love with it? There aren't many out there.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:22 AM
English dude, English
An internet tough guy is all the same to me. Besides, I'm bored too
Not sure where you think I'm an internet tough guy. You must of misunderstood some previous posts where two others attempted to put me in my place for saying that I appreciated their Opinions (which is what I asked for).

But I'm glad your are the internet police. Thank god we got people like you.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Not sure where you think I'm an internet tough guy. You must of misunderstood some previous posts where two others attempted to put me in my place for saying that I appreciated their Opinions (which is what I asked for).

But I'm glad your are the internet police. Thank god we got people like you.
If I misunderstood your post then why edit its content??? Now your just talking out of your @ss while trying to hide the proof. And thank god we have integrity lacking people like you who like to rice out "classy" cars so an @sshole like me can have a little fun.

Here's a better solution to your problem, sell that Stillen POS and get yourself a Vortech.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Take the deletions as warning guys. Lets keep it kosher

Old 06-06-2013, 07:43 AM
English dude, English
If I misunderstood your post then why edit its content??? Now your just talking out of your @ss while trying to hide the proof. And thank god we have integrity lacking people like you who like to rice out "classy" cars so an @sshole like me can have a little fun.

Here's a better solution to your problem, sell that Stillen POS and get yourself a Vortech.
I didn't edit ****! Where do you get your stuff?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:46 AM
English dude, English
Originally Posted by TIAN
Take the deletions as warning guys. Lets keep it kosher
What deletions? You leave this troll and his posts in my thread and then you clump me in with this dirt bad for defending myself against his sexual fantasies? This place HAS changed!!!

Old 06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
If you scroll up I deleted 5 posts

This is the internet, it's not that serious nor is it a reason to respond to anyone's "fantasies" in which you were willing to play along with.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Calm down girls. Leave the trolling on 4chan.

But for me, I have never been a fan of unpainted carbon fiber. I guess you could pull it off, but it's all personal preference. Something about a carbon fiber hood/trunk just screams "2 Fast 2 Furious" in my opinion.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Tian: I do agree about deleting all of the posts.
What deletions? You leave this troll and his posts in my thread and then you clump me in with this dirt bad for defending myself against his sexual fantasies? This place HAS changed!!!

Last edited by herrschaft; 06-06-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
leave the hood

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinion please - should I or should I not paint my Carbon Fiber hood?