G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

80 in a 40 zone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ComptechRSX
No Offesnife to you but thats totaly wrong. Being from Long island MRBIll Martin PMd me what road it was on and i know this road. Its a 4 lane main road and by now way is a residental road. And the part where he was on was similar to driving on a small Limited Acess Highway. The speedlimit there is Stupid it should be 55

I live in Miami.. so I retract that part

Old 02-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MRBIll Martin PMd me what road it was on and i know this road.
Whisper has been identified. and he's protecting Target

Old 02-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Hey you people are talking to this kid like hes your child. Persoanlly i think that you are being quite rude. He simply came here being a fellow g owner with a problem and asked for advice. He obviosuly leanred his lesson and has enough things to deal with, non the less i dont think that a whole car club should turn the back aganist him. Over at Clubrsx this would be differnt. You guys are to mean and to conseritive. What do you think just because hes 18 he is the only one whos ever had a high speed traffic ticket. I know several people who im very close to who have by far made this incident look like nothing. Speeding doesent just go away with some people. I for one know two people both in the 50's who can drive the doors their cars. So dont tell me its only cause hes 18, cause thats crap, i cant start to tell you how many older people frive fast and reckless.
ComptechRSX- You make a good point here but like tgenius said, if you post on a public forum you have to expect people to give you their opinion or you should'nt post on a public forum. I'm sure MrBillMartin had to realize this when posting.

For me, its not that I dislike MrBillMartin, its just hard to hear about some of the decisions these young guys make. No ones perfect, im sure we all know that.
In the end, your right, its not my (our) kid but if I (us) were to say/write something that would ring true and solid with MrBillMartin (or other people reading these posts) that would help them make better decisions in the future, then go ahead and call me rude, because I think its worth it.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:01 AM
ClA
What can i say, you have BAD PARENTS!!

They don't know how to raise a child. The cop did the right thing by talking to your dad, should teach HIM a lesson on parenting too. ****ing dumb ***.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:30 AM
I agree with those who have chastised you for racing on a street at 80 mph, as it is very dangerous to others and to you. It seems you may be taking some of the comments to heart and I hope you do learn from this. DaddyG35 expressed a lot of things well. Cato's list of newspaper articles was chilling, but most of the ones I read here about NY (usually in Queens) end in the death of an innocent pedestrian. Most of us have gone over the limit at times, but not in these circumstances.

There was another problem with your initial post, and that is that you used a derogatory term to describe what you thought must be the sexual orientation of the woman officer who stopped you. The term you used is not considered acceptable by many people (although usually spelled differently), and I thought from reading the posting rules, was forbidden on the site. We don't know the orientation of the officer and it is of no interest or importance in the events that occurred. It sounds to me like she did a very good job of protecting you and your neighborhood. I hope she would tell me if my son had done something like that. By the way, 2-3 years ago when he started to drive he had the use of our 1993 Taurus wagon.

Incidentally, I grew up on Long Island and graduated from Herricks High School.

I hope you develop some more insight as the result of this, partly for me and my family, as we drive on LI occasionally!

Good luck

Old 02-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by neffster
He's not an adult if he is 18 and lives with his mommy and daddy. Come on. Adults pay for their way through life, adults admit when they are wrong and don't refer to female police officers who are doing their job as dikes.
You're not listening! At age 18 people are adults in the eyes of the law. It's only a legal term. Like I said before I only mentioned this because he is ultimately legally responsible for his actions, not his parents.

Legally if he would have killed someone any lawyer worth their weight in salt would SUE THE PARENTS FIRST! The parents have EVERY RIGHT to know what the child that lives under their very roof is doing. Especially when it comes to breaking the law.
Sorry, you're wrong. He's no longer a minor, the parents are not liable. If anyone would of had a civil suit brought against them it would be him, not the parents.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by MrBillMartin
i can see that, but i really dont desevrve any sympathy. Now after sleeping on it i realized what i did was more than stupid and i deserve being called a dumb kid. i guess the purpose to giving me the ticket was to teach me a lesson and the cop even told my parents that by giving me this ticket she will be saving my life. i guess shes right. well either way i learned my lesson and wont be street racing anytime soon.
Live and learn Bill. We all did stupid things when we were young. I know I did. Just please try and think of the possible consequences to your actions before you act.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Sedan
Hey you people are talking to this kid like hes your child. Persoanlly i think that you are being quite rude. He simply came here being a fellow g owner with a problem and asked for advice. He obviosuly leanred his lesson and has enough things to deal with, non the less i dont think that a whole car club should turn the back aganist him. Over at Clubrsx this would be differnt. You guys are to mean and to conseritive.
Freakin' TROLLS, they crawl out from under every rock.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by doogie
Whisper has been identified. and he's protecting Target
LMAO! Good one!

Old 02-02-2005, 09:49 AM
raises all-in
Yeah, I think there's a bit of prejudice here because of his age, because his parents bought the car, and because he lives with his parents.

I've seen many posts involving a street racing story, and usually the response is, "NICE KILL"!

Old 02-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, anytime an Acura is killed, it's all worth it!

LOL

Old 02-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dirrtybear
Yeah, I think there's a bit of prejudice here because of his age, because his parents bought the car, and because he lives with his parents.

I've seen many posts involving a street racing story, and usually the response is, "NICE KILL"!
I don't think he's being chastised for his actions per se, more that he came on here and was surprised or upset at the outcome. I've been known to have a little fun at the lights myself... But I know what the risks are and the possible consequences. I certainly wouldn't look for sympathy from people when I lost my license because I did something I knew had a chance of getting me in trouble. I'd expect the same grilling if I did something similar and came looking for sympathy. And I haven't lived with my parents in a good long while.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dirrtybear

I agree. The way most people reacted to this story is definitely because to them I seem like a little rich kid who is spoiled. I am actually quite the opposite. I have parents who are far from lenient and sent me to boarding school at 15 as soon as I misbehaved. My parents don’t spoil me they are actually ridiculously strict. They just wanted me to have a nice safe car, and that is what they bought me (hence the g35x). And for those of you who said you hope my parents took my car away, they have. I can only drive it to school and work for now. And I’m not complaining.

Everyone on this website has done what I have one time or another, or they probably wouldn’t be here. This was a not a residential street with homes on either side with twists and turns. This is a road with double yellow lines, 2 lanes in both directions and is perfectly straight for miles. There are no schools around and no kids to run out in the middle of the street when their ball rolls down their drive way. A cop just happened to be sitting on a side road and I passed her too fast. This could of happen to any of you; I just got caught doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

As far as me calling the cop a dike, I was caught up in the heat of the moment. I wrote this minutes after I was screamed at by my parents for hours. If I were to write it now I would of said female officer, because I am cooled off. I was angry at her when I should have been angry at myself. Now looking back I realize how nice she was and what she actually could of done.

For all of you that called me stupid and dumb or an as5, I deserve it. But for those of you that called out my parents as being bad parents or having bad parenting skills can lick my *****. If you ever said anything like that to me in person I would cut out your tongue.

well thats my 2 cents.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Sedan
I was angry at her when I should have been angry at myself.
That's one of the most mature things I think I've ever heard an 18 year old say.

But for those of you that called out my parents as being bad parents or having bad parenting skills can lick my *****. If you ever said anything like that to me in person I would cut out your tongue.
That was not.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:31 AM
I think a lot of the responses to Billy's post have been unfair. He has been remarkably frank about his age and is admittedly sorry for his actions. I find many of his posts to be refreshingly candid. Look back at what he's written in the past, he comes to these forums for support and tells it like it is, often at his own expense.

And while I don't think his characterization of the police officer was appropriate, I know we are all capable of showing prejudice and often say or write things we later regret. Especially when we are under stress.

I don't condone street racing or driving at twice the speed limit. I'm horrified by the senseless loss of life that sometimes results from street racing. But I also remember being younger and though I never owned a high performance car when I was 18, I did plenty of stupid stuff in the cars I drove. Am I alone in this admission? Would I have been tempted to race if I'd had a powerful car? Probably!

I like Billy's admission to his stupid mistake. His story is a vivid illustration of personal frailty and strength. His story, and the responses that it elicited, makes a compelling lesson for young drivers who are likely to be turned off by lecturing. Let them draw their own conclusions from his story, we might be surprised by their maturity.

Cale

Last edited by calejohnson; 02-02-2005 at 11:49 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 80 in a 40 zone