G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

new g35 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new g35 owner

I recently bought a 2005 g35 sedan with 93,xxx miles, about 4 days ago. Over the 4 days of driving I've notice a few problems.
1. the trunk won't open. Switch on dash won't open it, switch in glovebox won't open it, nor the button by the trunk, also when I bout it, it didn't have a key fob so I have no way of opening it with key
2. My dash/ or the window over the instruments cluster is foggy. Its not on the inside, you can feel it on there, I've tried to wipe it off and when I do it goes away but once it dries it comes back.
3. Today I went to friends house. Doors locked everything, I come out 10 minutes later to leave and when I unlocked the car (with the key) and when I went to open the door the alarm went off? And i have no way to cut it off because I have no key fob. Eventually after 30 minutes of it constantly going off, it finally cut off and let me in the car to drive home. But I'm scared it will happen again and **** off all my neighbors haha
Anyways other than these few problems. I love the car. Its great!
But any ideas on how to fix these problems, I would highly appreciate it

new g35 owner-forumrunner_20131105_211156.png

Attached Thumbnails new g35 owner-forumrunner_20131105_211103.jpg   new g35 owner-forumrunner_20131105_211134.jpg  
Old 11-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club! I bought a 05x a few momths ago too. If the alarm goes off try. Locking and unlocking it.try looking on ebay for a keyfob.l have a trunk button on the left side next to the vdc switch with dash dimmer.check the fuses. Wish l was more help for you but lm a new G owner too! I love my G! I
Wish you luck on fixing your problem.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Try some stoners Invisable glass on your dash.lt should clean off whats on the glass.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Does your car have the intelligent key setup, or the standard key?

I only ask because the I-key setup comes with a Valet key that will unlock the door and start the car...but NOT allow access into the trunk at all.

What does your ignition cylinder look like? IS it bare metal, or do you have a **** where you insert the key into a flap and then turn? If it's the latter..you have an I-key setup, but only have the Valet key. In that case, you need to go to the previous owner and ask them for the keys otherwise you are going to need to purchase a set of intelligent keys and get them programmed.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Does your car have the intelligent key setup, or the standard key?

I only ask because the I-key setup comes with a Valet key that will unlock the door and start the car...but NOT allow access into the trunk at all.

What does your ignition cylinder look like? IS it bare metal, or do you have a **** where you insert the key into a flap and then turn? If it's the latter..you have an I-key setup, but only have the Valet key. In that case, you need to go to the previous owner and ask them for the keys otherwise you are going to need to purchase a set of intelligent keys and get them programmed.
I bought the car from a used car dealer. But not one of those crappy dealers. When thy gave me the key, it was just the key, and the ignition cylinder is all metal.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm a actually taking it to the dealer today because they gave me the car with a bad battery. You think that could cause the trunk, and alarm problems?

Old 11-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ This is not quite accurate.

Take a picture of your key and post it here, though. My assumption is that yours will look like an ordinary key with a black plastic head with the "Mt. Fuji" emblem visible but blacked out. This is a valet key.

When I bought my car, I was given two types of keys. One regular key that has a silver Mt. Fuji emblem, and two valet keys with the emblem blacked out. The difference is that the regular key has some sort of computer chip in it that your car senses and allows you access to certain car functions (trunk access is one of these). I happen to also have an extra remote that was attached to a valet key, and when I tried to unlock the doors with that remote, the car did not sense that the "real" key was nearby and set off the alarms. (NOTE: I think you are grossly exaggerating the length of this alarm, as mine was on for maybe 3 minutes, but it still is a problem)

If I'm right about this all, then you'll need to buy one of the other keys with the silver coloring and then get them programed at a dealer. Not sure of the cost about this, but it is not the same as programing the fob.

Did you not try to open the trunk at the dealer? Have you asked them about this problem? Is it a Nissan dealer?

I do not think that this is a battery issue, but I have been wrong before.

Last edited by turok; 11-06-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Syl_Man
If its bare metal, the you have the standard key system.

Standard key system looks like this:

Just buy the key fob, those are easy to program.

I-Key system I looks like this:

1.Trunk issues? Idk.
2.As far as the speedometer, it looks like someone put ArmorAll on there, some wax/grease remover should do the trick.
3.Alarm? You might have left the car opened/unlocked so it locked by itself. Once you unlocked it, it should have disabled the alarm.
Just to be clear, I assume your key looks like this:

But it should look like this

Old 11-06-2013, 05:53 PM
These happen to be the only keys that came with the car. The other key that came with it is only If you get locked out of the car, it can only unlock doors but can't start car.
And the alarm, you're right, it should of cut off when I unlocked it, but it didn't, I even got in the car, unlocked all doors, and even started the car, but it wouldn't go off, after 30 minutes It finally cut off and let me in the car.
But I think I might just order a key fob and program it.

Attached Thumbnails new g35 owner-forumrunner_20131106_165317.png  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
That is a standard key..not a valet key.

Trunk should still open. The trunk power is supplied by a 50A fuse powering the bCM. The power goes to the cancel switch in the glovebox. Make sure it's not set to cancel. At that point, pushing the switch by your left knee should pop the trunk.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 11-06-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts
+1
The switch in the glove box just allows you to disable the trunk opening, it doesn't pop the trunk. Try w/ switch in both positions from the button on the drivers side.

From inside the trunk there is a safety handle you can pull also (if you can reach through the hole in the rear seat rest far enough)

Old 11-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I still wouldn't think it has anything to do with not having a key fob. It could be that your electronic key is not programed correctly, but I can't tell. Also, the above two comments could be right. You may have just turned off the trunk opening when you were trying to get into the trunk, but either way you should be able to get in through the button by the driver's left knee.

I assume that changing the battery out didn't work, since you're still posting here. I don't think we can help you, since it sounds like some sort of electrical problem with your car (IMO). You should go to a Nissan or Infiniti dealer and have them look at it.

Just to say. When my alarm went off with the valet key, I unlocked the doors from the inside, tried locking them again, started the car, and then sat for a minute or two. The alarm went off through all of it.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:57 AM
I think I've tried it like that, Stll doesn't seem to open. But I will try it again, maybe with everything unlocked.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a clarification on the trunk issue....did the trunk open when you first bought it and has now stopped opening?

My suggestion would be to take your issues to the dealer you purchased from. Did you get any type of short term warranty? Any electrical fix other than a fuse is probably going to be costly. If the dealer you bought from is reputable they should take care of the issues.

The following users liked this post:
turok (11-07-2013)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new g35 owner