G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Finally happened, got ripped off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
lol yeah man calm down. Your going to sue him because you bought a used car and a part has happened to malfunction and cause lights to come on? Have it looked at before you jump to conclusions.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Ok, I am not going to sue the guy, this all happened yesterday and of course I was frustrated. When I purchased the car it was during a storm. I didnt get all the time I wanted to drive the car miles and miles, but the car, exteriors and interiors were kept in pristine conditions, and i did not want to lose the deal. I had a mechanic with me as well and he could not determine anything was wrong at the time, but how can even a mechanic diagnose a senor problem when we went around the block maybe a few times?

Of course its logical to reply to this thread and say "whoa your accusations are serious" but its also logical to assume the sensors were already toasted. His friend works at a shop, it wouldn't be hard to patch things up for a sale.

On a side note, any places in Queens where I can buy OEM parts (walk in walk out with them) at reasonable prices?

Last edited by doesntmatterz; 02-22-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Autozone sensors are fine. Otherwise you can have rock auto mail you some parts. Lastly you could drive somewhere and pick em up.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by doesntmatterz
Ok Ok, I am not going to sue the guy, this all happened yesterday and of course I was frustrated. When I purchased the car it was during a storm. I didnt get all the time I wanted to drive the car miles and miles, but the car, exteriors and interiors were kept in pristine conditions, and i did not want to lose the deal. I had a mechanic with me as well and he could not determine anything was wrong at the time, but how can even a mechanic diagnose a senor problem when we went around the block maybe a few times?

Of course its logical to reply to this thread and say "whoa your accusations are serious" but its also logical to assume the sensors were already toasted. His friend works at a shop, it wouldn't be hard to patch things up for a sale.

On a side note, any places in Queens where I can buy OEM parts (walk in walk out with them) at reasonable prices?
No you are wrong. If the sensor was already toast, you would have known immediately, there is no "patch work". They either work or they dont.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Cut your losses and sell me the car for 1000 dollars.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
No you are wrong. If the sensor was already toast, you would have known immediately, there is no "patch work". They either work or they dont.
Can you elaborate on how I would have known off the bat? <- this is not a sarcastic question. I drove the car around at least a mile and it did not shut off. It was when I finally got to drive it around the 25 mile range where it finally began to cut out on me 2-3 times a day.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Is it me or do east coast people intentionally **** you off with their whiny b.s.? Run the error codes, replace the sensor that needs replacing and quit posting this "Oh poor me" crap!
Gary

Old 02-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
wtf??

Old 02-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
East Coast people?

Old 02-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Maybe I should sue him?
Murica

Old 02-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Can you elaborate on how I would have known off the bat? <- this is not a sarcastic question. I drove the car around at least a mile and it did not shut off. It was when I finally got to drive it around the 25 mile range where it finally began to cut out on me 2-3 times a day.
wait wait wait... so your sue happy butt.

Bought a used car and only test drove it 1 mile?

I'll offer you $4500 so you wont be out much. Sight unseen car and i'll sign a paper saying i wont sue you for anything period.

I dont know about you but most car trouble happens completely out of the blue. Drive home from a 1000 mile trip, park the car. Try to start the car up the next morning only to have it not work. Those types of cases seem to happen more often then not. Or start up the car make it down 2 blocks only to have a radiator blow on you.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
wait wait wait... so your sue happy butt.

Bought a used car and only test drove it 1 mile?

I'll offer you $4500 so you wont be out much. Sight unseen car and i'll sign a paper saying i wont sue you for anything period.

I dont know about you but most car trouble happens completely out of the blue. Drive home from a 1000 mile trip, park the car. Try to start the car up the next morning only to have it not work. Those types of cases seem to happen more often then not. Or start up the car make it down 2 blocks only to have a radiator blow on you.

Yea I guess I have been lucky. I think I will keep the car obviously I am a fan of the G. It was indeed the sensor P0340 code, I changed both to be safe. It took awhile, those damn clips were a killer.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Is it me or do east coast people intentionally **** you off with their whiny b.s.? Run the error codes, replace the sensor that needs replacing and quit posting this "Oh poor me" crap!
Gary
Did posting that make you feel better? Good I hope its out of your system kid.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Gary
Lets not get started with the whole East vs West coast thing...

Last edited by herrschaft; 02-23-2014 at 07:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
doesntmatterz (02-23-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Yea I guess I have been lucky. I think I will keep the car obviously I am a fan of the G. It was indeed the sensor P0340 code, I changed both to be safe. It took awhile, those damn clips were a killer.
Same one came up on my car, and they do die out of the blue. I drive my car 20 miles a day (10 each way to work and home), and my car had been running fine. Took a turn on the way home and same deal - Xmas lights in the dash and car stalled. I restarted it, got it home, and walked around the corner to my local Nissan dealer to pick up the cam sensor, which they had in stock so it must be a popular item to replace. R&R'd in my driveway and swapped the new one in less than an hour, haven't had an issue since (knock on wood).

The following users liked this post:
doesntmatterz (02-23-2014)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally happened, got ripped off