G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New 05 G35 Sedan 6MT -- first new car in 16 years!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm quite happy to have found this forum. It's one of the main reasons I looked at the G35 in the first place.

It looks like there are a few other folks who have been keeping their cars a while, so I don't feel like quite as much of an oddball as I had thought I would be. It may seem odd to the rest of you, but I actually find it a bit disappointing that I won't be taking the Probe to 200K. I've toyed with keeping it a bit longer -- my overall insurance is actually lower by keeping the Probe due to multi-car discounts -- but the wife isn't all that keen on having it taking up space and the teenager isn't interested either. So I guess I'll be selling it.

But the G35 is better in every single way. I've been making excuses to go on longer drives. ("Take an extra 30 mile round trip? No problem!") Before I got the G35 I thought I might still use the Probe for some daily driving, but I haven't driven it once since I've gotten the G35.

Maybe that Spike Jonze IKEA lamp ad (http://dl.iskon.hr/video/lamp.mov) wasn't so far off the mark. That's the one where a woman forsakes her old lamp for a new one, leaving the old lamp abandoned on the street and in the rain. A man comes out and says: "Many of you feel bad for this lamp. That is because you're crazy. It has no feelings! And the new one is much better."

Old 02-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonJ75
I would hate you more than life itself were it not for the good taste in options...I have been waiting FOR YOUR EXACT CAR since December 1st and I just got pushed back from a Feb 21st delivery to March 11th....

Damn your dealer!!!!
Yes, I know that I was very fortunate to get almost exactly the configuration I wanted. (The only difference was that the dealer ordered the car with trunk mats, which I didn't care about.) The navigation seems to be the hard part. Around here, a lot of dealers have the Lakeshore Slate/Stone 6MT Sedan with premium but not with navigation.

I don't know where you are, but I just ran a quick check at the Infiniti web site and found a Lakeshore Slate/Stone 6MT sedan with premium and navigation at Sacramento Infiniti in California.

Go to http://www.infiniti.com/ and then click on "Build and Locate" on the bottom left. Do the "Search Dealer Inventory" on the right of the resulting page, with model G35, trim G35 Sedan 6MT, model year 2005, and zip code 95661. Click "Search Dealer Inventory." In the resulting page, click "View this dealer's inventory" for Sacramento Infiniti. In the next page, refine the search by picking model G35, trim G35 6MT, model year 2005, exterior Lakeshore Slate, interior Stone, and transmission 6-Speed Manual. The matching car should appear as the best match on the right.

Last edited by elfg; 02-10-2005 at 03:02 AM.