G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How to Access Evaporator Core???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to Access Evaporator Core???

Like most of you, I have the dreaded smelly AC problem. I've done quite a bit of reading on this and it seems that most are getting to the root of the problem (the evap core) to disinfect whatever mildew/bacteria is there.

I bought the 1Z Klima AC Cleaner and was ready tackle this problem this morning. I ran into trouble locating the evaporator core though. I took off the glove box, removed the filter, and that's where I got stuck. At first I tried to put the 1Z tube through the blower motor's blades to hopefully reach the evap core and sprayed for a few seconds. It started leaking a bit on the left side of the glove box assembly and had foaming. There was also some nasty black liquid that started coming out from the blower motor assembly.

I've read that to access the evap core, you have to remove the blower motor...but how do I do that?

[IMG]How to Access Evaporator Core???-6z4hvje.jpg[/IMG]

The green circle is where the black liquid kinda started coming out, as you can see some still there. These are the top set of screws (I counted 4) on the blower motor assembly.

The blue circle is the bottom section where it has 3 or 4 screws as well. Which one of these are the screws that I'm supposed to remove to get the blower motor off? Does that whole white assembly just come off and I can see through into the evap core easily?

Here are some reference threads where people went for the evap cores:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...ml#post6267640

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ml#post5346010

Thanks guys

Old 12-08-2014, 12:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump...Has anyone removed the blower motor before?