G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Mevotech lower control arms?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool deal, all 4 Mevotech parts have arrived, and they're packaged very well and with protectors over the ball joint boots, etc.

I got compression rods and lower control arms for both sides of the front end for my AWD G35 (2006) and these parts appear to be very good quality. The compression rods are indeed the iron, black painted ones with the correct profile for AWD, and with the bushing in place (hard rubber, not poly, thank GOD!), and the LCAs have all bushings (factory style) pre-pressed.

The coolest thing I didn't realize when I ordered is that the LCAs have zirks for the sway bar endlink mount bolt. Not sure that's really necessary, but what the heck, it shows some forethought.

Very excited that I can finally get this AWD G rolling firmly very soon - new front struts installed 4 weeks ago are not the complete answer.

Also, all this was for only $280, so I am very pleased. See the original post in this thread for the link to where I purchased them from last week. (shipping for all was >$10.00, too)

The following users liked this post:
hinduman g35X (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Very good to know for X drivers. Now y'all just need to find some knuckle ball joints.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could you tell me where you found these mevotech parts? I need 2 upper control arms because my balljoints are shot and sway bar links kit for front and rear. They quoted me $227 each for upper control arms and $327 for front sway bar link kit and $150 for rear sway bar link kit and $500 in labor!!!! a total of $1,500!!! any help directing me in finding these parts at a reasonable cost would be much appreciated.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by hinduman g35X
Could you tell me where you found these mevotech parts? I need 2 upper control arms because my balljoints are shot and sway bar links kit for front and rear. They quoted me $227 each for upper control arms and $327 for front sway bar link kit and $150 for rear sway bar link kit and $500 in labor!!!! a total of $1,500!!! any help directing me in finding these parts at a reasonable cost would be much appreciated.
I have some stock upper control arms off my 04 coupe that I'll sell you for $60 if you want em.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
I have some stock upper control arms off my 04 coupe that I'll sell you for $60 if you want em.
Not the same for the AWD setup...at least according to parts numbers

Old 02-28-2015, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Not the same for the AWD setup...at least according to parts numbers
Ah..

Old 02-28-2015, 06:49 PM
carid.com is where I ordered them from. All four parts took a little over a week to arrive (a couple were not in stock right when I ordered). They shipped from NY, I believe, and I'm all the way in the middle of the country.

I installed them all last night and today, and had installed new struts and mounts a couple of weeks ago. Car drives so much better and there's almost zero noise, except for some bad shock mount bushings on the rear still.

I should've gone ahead and done the knuckle ball joints at the same time (anyone know where I can find just that BJ for the AWD?) and the upper control arms, as they're all shot. However, loose ball joints really only seem to cause a little jitteriness especially when braking at high speeds, so it's OK for now.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Unfortunately, it appears that they don't have a listing for the AWD upper control arm for front end: http://www.carid.com/2006-infiniti-g...-19192381.html

Old 02-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Old 02-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Looks like O'Reilly's can get ahold of them. Their Import Direct brand is actually Mevotech, anyway, I believe. I would bet on these costing about 100-150 each for the upper control arms. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2937&ppt=C0106

Old 02-28-2015, 11:53 PM
thanks a lot!!! I actually just PM you before I saw that you responded already!!!! sorry.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Munkle
the link for the compression rods for g35x AWD is 30198 and 30199?? also for $40 each!!!!! that is a steal!! Can you let me know if this correct and if they are exact fit for my 06 G35X. Thank you so much. you have already been a HUGE help as you know how irritating it is finding aftermarket parts for our G35X. I still love the car though!

Old 03-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Mevotech rods for for X models fit and are hundreds of dollars cheaper than factory. I bought factory because that's all I could get and I needed the ball joint as well. My buddy just ordered a set of the Mevotech comp arms, they fit and at just over 120 bucks total I think they will be fine. I wish I had found these before getting more Nissan junk at premium prices, I could order 3 sets of aftermarket rods for what I paid and knowing that the OEM will fail anyways.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:04 AM
I have installed all four parts that I ordered from the website linked in the first post of this thread, both LCAs and compression rods from Mevotech.
The ride is great now. These parts that I ordered fit perfectly and were not hard to install provided you just go ahead and basically remove the front spindle from the car. Don't remove all of the spindle links at once as you will likely want to leave it supported by at least 1 point any given time. I only wish I could have gone ahead and replaced either the spindle or just the ball joints on the front end of the car on both sides. At one hundred and eighty thousand miles I know those ball joints are shot even though I don't feel any excessive play. The best price I was able to find on the whole front spindle assembly was $400 per side from the dealership.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by munkle
I have installed all four parts that I ordered from the website linked in the first post of this thread, both LCAs and compression rods from Mevotech.
The ride is great now. These parts that I ordered fit perfectly and were not hard to install provided you just go ahead and basically remove the front spindle from the car. Don't remove all of the spindle links at once as you will likely want to leave it supported by at least 1 point any given time. I only wish I could have gone ahead and replaced either the spindle or just the ball joints on the front end of the car on both sides. At one hundred and eighty thousand miles I know those ball joints are shot even though I don't feel any excessive play. The best price I was able to find on the whole front spindle assembly was $400 per side from the dealership.
Thats just asinine. 400 for a ball joint. I felt the same you did I wanted to replace it while I had it apart and since it was original. Well couldn't find a aftermarket or OEM. Only spindles come with that one for AWD. They make one for the sedan on RWD so I'm going to order one and try it out. I see no difference at all between spindles just seats and caps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mevotech lower control arms?