What should I do to my G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What should I do to my G35?

Hi guys,

I just got a 2006 g35X

I don't want to put a bunch of money into it and have been reading some threads on here but everything seems so scattered.

Wondering what cheap mods are available or things I can do myself.

Also I live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. We were victim to the largest wild fire in North American history last year and had to evacuate for over a month. The car was sitting here and has burn spots on the roof and door pillar trim. Does anyone have any suggestions what to do for the roof? Are there aftermarket exterior door trim pieces available?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Sorry I am new here and know all this information is available in the threads but I just don't have the time to go through them all right now.

love you all!
Adam

Old 07-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I say do a vinal wrap on the burn spots. Depending on the color of your car usually black or carbon fiber looks pretty good.

You can do that yourself

The following users liked this post:
ahabkirk (07-18-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 01:43 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Here's my suggestion, before you proceed on the forum please read, understand and follow the forum rules. It's a requirement for all new members and when you do you'll find one that says it's your responsibility to search for answers to your questions using the search function on the forum, Google or any other way you can think of before asking questions. Here's a good start for you which is located on the home page for this sub-forum: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...an-thread.html

I'll never understand why people ask us what they should do to their cars. Your ride is a very personal thing so make it what you want it to be, not what other people think it should be. And please never say you just don't have time to read and learn, that's the epitome of laziness and while we're here to help we won't continually spoon feed you info if you haven't put in any effort on your side.

The wrap is a great idea for the paint.

ahabkirk (07-18-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 03:01 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Send it to the junk yard.

telcoman (07-18-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 11:06 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yes all those trim pieces are available, you can see the parts lists here:

http://www.infinitipartsonline.com/a...-v6-gas-engine

Look under BODY - EXTERIOR TRIM, that site is an OEM dealer but it'll get you pointed in the right direction. Check EBAY you can usually find a used piece if you're willing to be patient.

ahabkirk (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts

Old 07-18-2017, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by ahabkirk
Hi guys,

I just got a 2006 g35X

I don't want to put a bunch of money into it and have been reading some threads on here but everything seems so scattered.

Wondering what cheap mods are available or things I can do myself.

Also I live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. We were victim to the largest wild fire in North American history last year and had to evacuate for over a month. The car was sitting here and has burn spots on the roof and door pillar trim. Does anyone have any suggestions what to do for the roof? Are there aftermarket exterior door trim pieces available?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Sorry I am new here and know all this information is available in the threads but I just don't have the time to go through them all right now.

love you all!
Adam
You should have moved it to the middle of the fire

Telcoman

ahabkirk (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 06:54 PM
Hey Blue Drea,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I completely understand your point of view and get what you're saying however this is my situation.

I currently play baseball 6 nights a week. I work full time and have a 5 year old as a single father. I do understand some people get frustrated when someone asks a question that has been answered before or when someone asks what they should do to their ride.

I just don't have the time to sift through hundreds of posts(lots of which are not related or of no help at all). I'm looking for kind and knowledgeable people who are willing to help with their time and provide suggestions for me. Not everyone will agree with my methods however it is the only option available for me at the moment. If you don't have the time to help me that's fine but as you can see there are a few people who have decided to lend a hand.

I really appreciate all the help given by the people on this forum and someday I hope to be able to be in a position to give the same help back to this community.

Regards,
Adam

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Here's my suggestion, before you proceed on the forum please read, understand and follow the forum rules. It's a requirement for all new members and when you do you'll find one that says it's your responsibility to search for answers to your questions using the search function on the forum, Google or any other way you can think of before asking questions. Here's a good start for you which is located on the home page for this sub-forum: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...an-thread.html

I'll never understand why people ask us what they should do to their cars. Your ride is a very personal thing so make it what you want it to be, not what other people think it should be. And please never say you just don't have time to read and learn, that's the epitome of laziness and while we're here to help we won't continually spoon feed you info if you haven't put in any effort on your side.

The wrap is a great idea for the paint.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:55 PM
Thank you! Your reply is very valuable and helped a lot....

Originally Posted by NjMatteSedan

Old 07-18-2017, 06:57 PM
If we weren't evacuated I certainly would have! lol

But it only has 75000 mi on it and still runs great.

I'm looking to do some mods that will enhance the stock sound of it. Thinking maybe a cold air intake?

Originally Posted by telcoman
You should have moved it to the middle of the fire

Telcoman

Old 07-19-2017, 05:20 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
While I understand you have challenges as a young, single dad we all have our **** to deal with and still manage to find time to do things the right way. Your thread just went from bad to worse with that question. Searching for less than 10 seconds will yield you hundreds of answers which obviously this thread hasn't produced in almost 12 hours. Sooooo I'm closing it and once again encourage you to look around for just a few minutes for your answers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.