G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Need Help with headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 03:33 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Use the same wires which plugged into your original ballast. Those are your + and - wires. I think theyre Green and Black.

Last edited by Scorpi0; 07-31-2018 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn’t have one the guy before me must of cut it ? Because it was missing the ballast that’s the whole reason that lead to me swapping the whole bulb and ballast he had aftermarket bulbs on I don’t understand why when this car should have them stock . But I’m left with two wires I guess he cut those off to power the previous ones but when I tried putting those wires on the spade connectors it doesn’t work any ideas ?

Old 07-31-2018, 05:44 AM
The wires in the first pictures I posted are how he had them connected I have since then replaced those bulbs with these other ones that came with the ballast I got that’s the last photo the one with the spades I just can’t seem to find power for the ballast for the spade connectors

Old 07-31-2018, 08:57 AM
I'll post some pics for u in a few hours when I get off work.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:05 PM
Thank you I appreciate it

Originally Posted by Scorpi0
I'll post some pics for u in a few hours when I get off work.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Damn, I stayed overtime after work and had to go meet with someone on short notice...so I totally forgot about the pics.

I'll post em up in the morning.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Alright...u see that plug which connects to the original ballast? Those are the wires u need to hook up to your new ballast.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:19 PM
What color is the other wire I can’t see I see the green is that positive? Or negative

Old 08-02-2018, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Samuel Ortega
What color is the other wire I can’t see I see the green is that positive? Or negative
It looks like its either black, brown, or gray. I cant tell either and I tried looking at the wiring diagram in the FSM but that thing is a useless piece of $hit.

I would assume the green wire would be the positive but Nissan loves to do things against common practice...so turn on the headlights and test it out with a multimeter just to be 100% sure.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:17 PM

Alright thanks man I appreciate all the help brotha I’ll get to that as soon as I get home from work

It looks like its either black, brown, or gray. I cant tell either and I tried looking at the wiring diagram in the FSM but that thing is a useless piece of $hit.

I would assume the green wire would be the positive but Nissan loves to do things against common practice...so turn on the headlights and test it out with a multimeter just to be 100% sure.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:55 PM
Well I tried the only two wires dangling there that was a green and brown one and they didn’t work you think a harness would power it ? I found one online with connections for spades ?

Old 08-04-2018, 05:58 AM
Well do u have the other side of the harness plugged into the car? Its not gonna get power unless its plugged in lol.

Post a pic of how u have it all hooked up. And which wires you are testing for voltage.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:48 AM

The one for the whole headlight ? Yeah I plugged all in all lights work except hid which I assume are powered from somewhere else since they have no connection to the headlights unless I connect them to the green and brown wires coming from actually headlights so I connected them but still HIDs dont power on guy who had connected them before me had them connected to those wires on that photo the photo I posted is before I swapped those HIDs and but the new ones with spades that’s how he had the old HID bulbs connected to those two wires that are now just dangling after I removed the old HID bulbs he had put in there I’m guessing he cut the actual connection to ballast and spliced ? But if so why isn’t powering these HIDs when I connect them ? Am I missing something I swear these lights are giving me more trouble than they should be ... side note if I connect 12v to spades HIDs work so not the bulbs ... just not getting power that why I thought of just ordering this harness I saw online for fog light add on I think but works with any bulbs with spades you think it would be worth a shot ? Just power it separately and get power straight from battery?
Well do u have the other side of the harness plugged into the car? Its not gonna get power unless its plugged in lol.

Post a pic of how u have it all hooked up. And which wires you are testing for voltage.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Those green and brown wires are the power wires to the original HID ballast. So they should have power when your headlight switch is turned on. If they dont, then u should check fuses, or it could be something else wrong with your car.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:46 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Samuel Ortega

The one for the whole headlight ? Yeah I plugged all in all lights work except hid which I assume are powered from somewhere else since they have no connection to the headlights unless I connect them to the green and brown wires coming from actually headlights so I connected them but still HIDs dont power on guy who had connected them before me had them connected to those wires on that photo the photo I posted is before I swapped those HIDs and but the new ones with spades that’s how he had the old HID bulbs connected to those two wires that are now just dangling after I removed the old HID bulbs he had put in there I’m guessing he cut the actual connection to ballast and spliced ? But if so why isn’t powering these HIDs when I connect them ? Am I missing something I swear these lights are giving me more trouble than they should be ... side note if I connect 12v to spades HIDs work so not the bulbs ... just not getting power that why I thought of just ordering this harness I saw online for fog light add on I think but works with any bulbs with spades you think it would be worth a shot ? Just power it separately and get power straight from battery?
Why don't you use punctuation and proper sentence structure when penning these mini-novels? It makes what you are trying to say almost unreadable to a lot of us...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Help with headlights