G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Need tire package but lost on numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need tire package but lost on numbers

HI All,
Sorry if the answer is here as I looked and so so many answers for different cars and set ups but I am new to this forum and to my car. I am sure the answer is here somewhere but I am all confused reading all the posts and not really know much about tires and wheels. Well not knowing anything about them. Like I saw on a tire site it says my car is is 5 lug 114.3 high positive offset but the rims will say 40 mm offset. Does one have to do with other. I am LOST...I have a 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan. I just put in a rack and pinion and it needs tires. It has stock on it. I want to get a new package of tires and wheels. I want to go bigger. Read 20 inch won't fit and ride would be terrible if you modify to fit. I do not want to modify to make a tire fit. Car is as it came from factory. So Maybe 19 inch. I just have no idea what size tires to get or rims. All this offset and width height numbers has me totally lost, Can anyone just tell me if 19 will fit. How about 20?. I prefer 19 if the effect on comfort is better. I do not want to ride on a rough system. Or rubber band tires. (I saw this somewhere in these posts )Do I stagger them. T want to if looks are better. Can someone give me numbers so I know what to buy and dont buy and not something that rubs. I want a nice set that fits. Stagger or not. I also hear about 8.5 9.5 wide and 10. Then 245/ another / aanother number. I just have no idea. I do know I want something bigger then stock. Something that looks nice but doesnt totally damage my comfort. Basically I am looking for tires and Rims, staggered, 19 inch. No modification to car so something that fits with no rubbing, Big but somewhat comfortable. I know nothing about what numbers to get or ask for. I do not want to go in blind and they sell me what size they want to. Please help... PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE
Thank You

Old 10-13-2018, 08:42 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Old 10-13-2018, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do appreciate your help and you have helped me with other posts. But I really am new to this. I know very little about tires and wheels. The page yousent me to is the last one I saw that sent me running to ask for help. IN the list is does not even show 2003 Sedan. It starts at 2005. The area that says 19 inch says nothing about 2003. So I do not know if that is good for 2003 Sedan. The rest is people giving each other help on what they should or should not. I am sure if I were more knowledgeable about these things I could figure it out. But as I said offset mm I am lost. I dont know eactly what it means. I read where it said positive offset brings wheel in and my car is is 114.3 m positive offset but when I look at rims they say 35mm offset. So all this to me is a big gap in what I should buy. I know you are going to say do research. Let me tell you . I been doing research for weeks now . Before I did work on car. But when you get 10 people with 10 diff years or advice and you know little. Lost lost lost. Please if you can all I want to know is what 19 inch rims with tires would work best with my car. What is big but does not rub. Do I get 20s or stay with 19 scattered. i did read scattered is wide in back. Do I get 10or bigger in back and 10 in front. or less. Better yet what would you get and why. I want something big for looks but I dont want to feel like Im driving a big truck with no suspension. That page also is mainly showing numbers for coupe. I have a sedan.Please
Thank You

Old 10-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Received 101 Likes on 91 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Depending on the roads in your area, sticking with 17" wheels may be your best bet. Plus larger wheels add rotational weight and tires are more expensive. You can go 235/50s on the stock wheels to put some more rubber on the ground. Even more if you go with a properly offset 17 x 8 (which is what I plan on doing when I find a reasonably prices set that is lighter than or weighs no more than OEM) on my own car.

Concerning wheel weight, it is noticeable. I went from the OEM 25 lb wheels on my Accord to the OEM RSX 16 lb wheels. The lighter weight was very obvious especially when accelerating off the line or at lower speeds. Braking was definitely improved too. I know the trend is larger wheels these days but unless you have a large budget for light 18/19" wheels and the higher tire prices, going larger will extract a performance penalty. Just something to think about.