G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Codes P0300 and P0302

Old 02-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complete. I did everything except do the ecm and other reseting procedures. Car is back together. It starts right up. I let it idle till it warmed up then I cut it off. Later I start it up, checked under hood. Everything seems fine. No leaks. No CEL, car runs fine. ONe problem. There seems to be more smoke coming from exhaust. Cloudy white in color. Funny smell. When I come to stop light you notice it more. I did clean everything with Brake cleaner. Used 10 cans total. They had buy 1 get 1 at advance. Well after I start it up second time I drove around for 20 minutes. Went on Interstate and brought car up to 70MPH. Everything seems fine. Just the car smokes. NOt a ton of smoke but I notice it and I am sure others who were behind me in the streets. Can this be it is cleaning out the chemicals from the brake cleaner. Any ideas. Also do I still need to do the resetting procedures. Can it be smoking because I did not do the resetting procedures or the chemical from all the cleaner I used. Thank You

Old 02-04-2019, 11:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Uuumm... Can you please specify exactly where you applied 10 cans of brake cleaner?

The following users liked this post:
dacrew4009 (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 08:54 AM
Was told I could use brake cleaner now I think Im screwed. I use id to clean the Plenum and intakes. Also i\to clean the valve cover edges where gasket goes on engine. Please advise if I should take apart again before I loose engine.
Thanks

Old 02-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Update: Today when I awoke I remembered I did not put in the oil dip stick. Do not know if this would have a bearing on the smoke my car was putting out. I clean dipstick and inserted it. I started car and let it sit idleing for 15 minutes, no smoke. I drove to Walmart and a couple of other stores, no smoke. Do not know if the stick had anything to do with it. I think it was all the cleaner I used and it was burning out all the residue from all the cleaner I used. Can anyone tell me if it could have been because I did not have dip stick in. I beleive it was just smoking cause it was burning out the residue from the cleaners I used. Should I still go threw the resetting steps for the ecm and accelerator.
Thank You

Old 02-05-2019, 08:58 PM
BANNED!!!
Received 702 Likes on 649 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The only worry about using the brake cleaner is possible contaminating your spark plugs and O2 sensors.

dacrew4009 (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 12:17 PM
HI, Things seemed to be going good now but then. Well as I said before all the smoked stopped and the car is running fine. Spark plugs are clean with a whitesh yellowish ting on the plug ends. They are dry. All look the same. But then yesterday I got 2 codes. I erased them to see if it is a fluke. Rest of day no CEL. Todsay same codes. P0300 and P0132.I noticed when I erase them they do not come back for 1 day and half. Almost 2 days before the codes return. I know what codes mean as I looked them up. But I thought I fixed the 300 code. I changed all gaskets from lower manifold up. I put in a new throttle body, new valve covers as well. No leaks. I did not reset the engine. You sent me the instructions on how to count the seconds and swithc key on off etc. I just did not do it as the car seemed to be running fine. Should I replace anything first. Do I need to go throught the resetting steps. Please help me.
Thank You

Old 02-07-2019, 12:20 PM
HI, Things seemed to be going good now but then. Well as I said before all the smoked stopped and the car is running fine. Spark plugs are clean with a whitesh yellowish ting on the plug ends. They are dry. All look the same. But then yesterday I got 2 codes. I erased them to see if it is a fluke. Rest of day no CEL. Today same
codes. P0300 and P0132.I noticed when I erase them they do not come back for 1 day and half. Almost 2 days before the codes return. I know what codes mean as I looked them up. But I thought I fixed the 300 code. I changed all gaskets from lower manifold up. I put in a new throttle body, new valve covers as well. No leaks. I did not reset the engine. You sent me the instructions on how to count the seconds and switch key on off etc. I just did not do it as the car seemed to be running fine. Should I replace anything first. Do I need to go throught the resetting steps. Please help me.
Thank You

Old 02-07-2019, 06:45 PM
I did the ECM reset, I also did a engine flush to clean out all the brake cleaner crap. New synthetic oil. and now it runs rough and I am getting a P0011. I am so tired of this one thing after another.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
p0011 is a code that is thrown by due to low flow of oil to the VTC. This happens when oil gets very dirty, change in oil like what you just did or a leak in the oil galley. Common problem with these cars. By changing the oil you can clear the screens in the vtc however if its a galley leak, new oil can be thinner and leak out faster if it was a galley leak.

I believe your issue is excessive blowby eventually fouled your plugs, you have to understand that not only these cars run pig rich but burn oil also. These two shorten the life of your plugs significantly.
The P0174 can be cause by test pipes/exhaust leak/intake leak etc which causes the engine to dump extra fuel which kill your plugs, the unburnt fuel is mixed with the oil in your crankcase which is sent back to the intake by the PCV which kill your plugs

Welcome to owning a first generation G35, it's not for the faint of hearts and light wallets.

dacrew4009 (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 03:14 PM
NOw i am getting P0300, P0132 and P0011

Old 02-08-2019, 05:41 PM
BANNED!!!
Received 702 Likes on 649 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
P0132 is one of the upstream O2 sensors. Probably damaged from the brake cleaner.

dacrew4009 (02-08-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 G35 Sedan Sport w/ Premium Package
From my experience with other brands, esepcially post 2000, it's not uncommon to get multiple faults that can be the direct cause of one main issue. For example a pcv system fault causing false o2 faults. Stuff like that. I suspect that something similar was happening here but using brake cleaner the way you did, I'm afraid that you have most likely ruined a lot of sensitive electronics amongst other things. Are you sure you weren't told carb cleaner could be used and not brake cleaner?? I wish you the best of luck with your fix. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to sort it all out but anything is fixable.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:12 PM
Brake cleaner

Originally Posted by JoMamma_Smurf View Post
From my experience with other brands, esepcially post 2000, it's not uncommon to get multiple faults that can be the direct cause of one main issue. For example a pcv system fault causing false o2 faults. Stuff like that. I suspect that something similar was happening here but using brake cleaner the way you did, I'm afraid that you have most likely ruined a lot of sensitive electronics amongst other things. Are you sure you weren't told carb cleaner could be used and not brake cleaner?? I wish you the best of luck with your fix. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to sort it all out but anything is fixable.
I also have a truck and sound valve covers and see you tube videos saying you clean valve covers with brake cleaner, which I did. I also cleaned the plenum with it and top of head where valve cover dits on the edge. But before I replaced the valve covers n gaskets. And coil Paks and throttle body etc. I was getting all these codes. So I donít think itís the cleaner. Before I touched the car I was getting p0300 and p0132. But after I did all the work I still got codes as well. Now after I did all this work I did a flush and an oil change immediately after doing oil change I got the p0011code I used full synthetic 10/30hum

Old 02-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 G35 Sedan Sport w/ Premium Package
I reread this whole thread and I don't recall you replacing or even checking the plugs before going through the intake and valve cover gasket work. I would have started there and not gone on to anything else until I was sure the misfire was fixed. Swapping coil packs and still getting the same misfire on the same cylinder AND getting a blinking CEL means that you clearly have a problem with that cylinder. Intake gaskets are not the solution for this issue at this point in the diagnostic process in my opinion. You should have replaced all spark plugs with new ones. If you still got the same faults it's time to check the harness and connectors to the coil pack for voltage issues, weak pins or damage. After that I would move on to the fuel injector and then to it's electrical connections and so on. The intake is the absolute last thing I would have explored.

The p0011 fault could be any of the following:

Low or Dirty Engine Oil
Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve
Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor (POS)

I would not worry about the new fault yet until you fix the misfire fault and then continue from there. I have a feeling the intake work and insane amount of use of the brake cleaner is what led to the new fault.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:17 PM
New code

funny thing is after I did all the work I did not get the 0011 code then a day or 2 later I changed the oil and put in 10/30 synthetic. As soon as I started it maybe 2 minutes and I got the 0011 code. I was wondering I had did an engine flush before I did oil change to clean motor could the flush cause dirt to get loose and it mess up the VVT I never had a 0011 until I did oil change.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Codes P0300 and P0302

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: