G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Anyone replaced their key fob? Aftermarket replacement key fob?

Old 02-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Anyone replaced their key fob? Aftermarket replacement key fob?

I have a base model 2005 sedan, basic factory key fob is lost. KBRASTU15 I believe is the part number. Has anyone ever replaced their base model key fob with an aftermarket one? I found these below on amazon with really mixed reviews. The fey fob shell is a "smart key" style replica but I think it should work with a base model only NOT OEM smart key models. Anyone have experience? Link below..

(I searched this forum but could not find an answer to this specific question regarding replacements)

Amazon Amazon

Old 02-04-2019, 12:27 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
I have a replacement "bar of soap" style remove that was like $7.99 for two and it's held up fine over a year of use apart from all the labels rubbing off.

The following users liked this post:
Adro (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 12:36 PM
IS it just a generic aftermarket one? Did you program it yourself?

Old 02-04-2019, 01:46 PM
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts
1990 Mustang GT - 351W Lightning bored/stroked 383CI TFS heads 78mm Turbonetics huricane
Yep, the basic model G35 uses the cheap remotes. I bought two for my 04' and programmed them. Wish my 05' was a basic model - the intelligent key crap has special remotes that are big $$$$

Copied from other threads:

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver's side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. (Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time). If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the keyless remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. (Do not press the button more than one time in the above step). If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining remotes (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver's side, power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each keyless remote (including any existing keyless remotes).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors to the driver's side power/unlock switch and open the driver side door

Adro (02-05-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 01:47 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
^Yes, it said it was compatible with Nissan. I forget how I programmed it but it was either by finding a youtube video on how to or with included instructions.

Edit: beat me with good instructions

Old 02-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by scumbagsleeper
Yep, the basic model G35 uses the cheap remotes. I bought two for my 04' and programmed them. Wish my 05' was a basic model - the intelligent key crap has special remotes that are big $$$$

Copied from other threads:

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver's side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. (Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time). If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the keyless remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. (Do not press the button more than one time in the above step). If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining remotes (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver's side, power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each keyless remote (including any existing keyless remotes).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors to the driver's side power/unlock switch and open the driver side door

Thank you, Yes. luckily base model remotes are only like $10 for the basic aftermarket ones. For me, they do not last log and are prone to stop working fairly quickly. I posted a link to the "new style" of smart key looking key fob but it is supposed to work with base models without smart key capability, but I was more-so wondering if anyone had tried the type I posted the link above for. some VERY BAD & mixed reviews lol.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know what part numbers we need for a 2005 basic model key fob? FCC ID?

KBRASTU15

Old 02-05-2019, 03:13 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
AutoZone sells a generic that looks EXACTLY like the OEM except the small print on the back is English I stead of Japanese. Pretty sure it was a Dorman brand.

vvn felix (09-14-2022)
Old 02-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
AutoZone sells a generic that looks EXACTLY like the OEM except the small print on the back is English I stead of Japanese. Pretty sure it was a Dorman brand.
Thank you. I bought the "knockoff fake smart key LOOK" for my base model sedan. I programmed the first one in seconds and it works great so far. It's a more modern looking case than the base model key fob. Although it doesn't have the inifniti logo on it like real smart keys. cheap updgrade, cool look.

vvn felix (09-14-2022)