G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Recirculate without A/C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recirculate without A/C

Does anyone know how to turn on the recirculate without turning on the A/C? I tried to turn on the recirc several times while driving behind an old truck with major exhaust fumes, but the A/C kept coming on. I turn off the A/C, the button goes back to fresh air. I push the recirc again, and the A/C comes on again. What kind of funky setup is this?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I think the reason is that in Recirc if the A/C does not come on you will get much moisture build up in the car with fogging occurring. The A/C primarily will be removing the moisture and may not be cooling the air directly, depending on the outside temp and your setting. It shouldn't need to be on Recirc much, except at smelly times such as when you tried it.

Search for the other posts recently about this (I posted on one and that may help you to find it).

Old 03-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Can't be done. A/C has to be on in recirc mode. Infiniti is looking out for your best interest by making sure your windshield doesn't fog up. This one of my biggest complaints about the car.

Old 03-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by rage777
Does anyone know how to turn on the recirculate without turning on the A/C? I tried to turn on the recirc several times while driving behind an old truck with major exhaust fumes, but the A/C kept coming on. I turn off the A/C, the button goes back to fresh air. I push the recirc again, and the A/C comes on again. What kind of funky setup is this?

Thanks in advance.

If you want the air to recirculate in the car, with the A/C off, all you have to do is push the Mode button and the air will recirculate without the A/C OR fan motor being on. Hope this helps.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:33 PM
got an 03.5 sedan and the "mode" selection still will not allow me to run recirc w/out A/C.

-T

Old 03-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks for all the responses.

I tested the mode button, and it works as long as the fan is not on. If the fan is on, pushing of the the recirc button will turn the A/C on. The next time a nasty smelling vehicle is around me, I will have to turn off the fan (which is usually on) then recirc. Don't understand why Infiniti does this, but I can live with it.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rage777
Thanks for all the responses.

I tested the mode button, and it works as long as the fan is not on. If the fan is on, pushing of the the recirc button will turn the A/C on. The next time a nasty smelling vehicle is around me, I will have to turn off the fan (which is usually on) then recirc. Don't understand why Infiniti does this, but I can live with it.
This is the biggest complaint I also have with the G. It is very inflexible with the A/C and heating controls. I have never had a car that dictates the controls by itselft. I have owned Toyota, Acura, Bimmer, and MB, etc and none of them acts like a dictator If I want A/C or heat, I should be able to choose between inside air or outside air. But no, not with the G. Let me give a good example, when it's 50 degree outside, if you switch on the heat with fresh air, the A/C botton with engage itself and along with that some cold air also. I just want a little heat without the A/C. But the G will not let me.

I understand some of the resons suggested by others as to why the A/C button will automatically come on. But my question is that no other car makers that I know is doing it, why does the G have this silly control exclusively. I just want to control it with my own pleasure and why is this so wrong that Nissan feels that I am not capable of

Old 03-08-2005, 02:14 PM
I haven't checked recently, but I believe my Subaru autoclimate (LL Bean model) also keeps the A/C in most circumstances. I frankly have more trouble setting that right than the one in the G. Take my Taurus (Please)- the A/C doesn't work, so no problem.

We breathe out around a liter of water daily under regular circumstances (more in the heat or with exercise, like driving a G ) and that can lead to foggy windows. The temperature may not be lowered even though the A/C is on. Possibly some of the other cars mentioned in post above turn on the A/C but don't tell you that when it is only extracting water and not cooling.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by KingoftheRoad1
...But my question is that no other car makers that I know is doing it, why does the G have this silly control exclusively. I just want to control it with my own pleasure and why is this so wrong that Nissan feels that I am not capable of
For what it's worth, Infiniti is not the only manufacturer to have this feature. My Oldsmobiles also operated this way. Because the A/C is on does not mean that you must bring cold air into the vehicle.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SaltiDawg
For what it's worth, Infiniti is not the only manufacturer to have this feature. My Oldsmobiles also operated this way. Because the A/C is on does not mean that you must bring cold air into the vehicle.
I understand what you are saying but the issue is be able to choose inside or outside air without engaging the A/C, the G would not let you.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:55 PM
DJM
I have had the same question and problem with my coupe. Another reason I dont want to run the AC everytime I choose recirc. is that I do not need the cool air. Some have said you dont have to have cool air blowing in the car when the AC is on, butwhy would I want the AC on with no cool air coming in? Isn't that the point of the AC, to have cool air? Running the AC also eats more gas.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by DJM
...Some have said you dont have to have cool air blowing in the car when the AC is on, butwhy would I want the AC on with no cool air coming in? Isn't that the point of the AC, to have cool air? Running the AC also eats more gas.
Err, the purpose of the A/C in this instance is to dehumidify the recirculating. Infiniti is not the only manufacturer that incorporates this feature.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Same pet peeve of mine too. Why run the A/C compressor in situations that we don't want to??? Not only will it use up more gas, but in the process it robs the car of some power and puts unnecessary wear on the A/C compressor [just another future maintenance issue]. A full manual mode / control would be more ideal in my opinion.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:19 PM
I have no data (but no flames please) but I suspect the power loss and gas use with the A/C dehumidifying and not cooling is pretty low. The pulley is always driven anyway.

I have, in various cars, turned on the recirculate when behind a smelly truck or near a landfill and only remembered to turn it off much later. I would have put a lot of moisture into the car in that time.

I don't think we'll find an explanation to suit everyone and it seems like there is no way to change it.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:25 AM
Former G35 Driver
Here's a way, but may not be exactly what you want.

First I have an 05 Sedan 5AT with dual zone climate control.

I found that when you turn off the climate control, it always goes to fresh air.
You can push the recirculate button and you will not get fresh air. I tried this
while driving on the freeway home. Since the system is off you also won't
get the fan running either. Also with the system off, you can push the mode
button and the display will light up to show the set temperature. You can
change the vent setting and temp setting. Also this seems to be the only
way to have the fan completely off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recirculate without A/C