G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Newbie. Triptronics.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti g35 sedan. Auto :( all stock.
Newbie. Triptronics.

Hi, I'm new to all this. G35s, and posting on forums. So I have a question about my 03 get sedan. I recently bought it and engine light was on for a sensor. P0720 to be exact after doing tons of research and reading many forums on here. I found It was probably the trans speed sensor so I went ahead and replaced it. In Hope it would get my triptronics. It was the only code. The code went away but recently after replacing it I had to park the car unfortunately for about 6 months. I recently got back around to dusting it off alittle. When I started it still no code but I hooked up a scanner becuase I noticed still no triptronics. I had no active code and no light but I had a pending code for a cam sensor. Would this cuase that or is there somthing I'm missing I used a cheap cheap scanner. So if it didn't read some codes maybe that why I missed somthing but I'm just lost on what to do. I found even though I started it and let it get to temp every other week my battery was toast this last time I started it. So parasitic draw I'm not sure until i get a new battery and get it on the road more to know but if anyone has ideas please let me know. Before i parked it i did have a relationship for the trans randomly go out but replaced it. Then had to park it a few weeks after that. Still havent had alot of time to tinker more. Also. When I say I'm a new g35 owner i mean new new like before this I have never look into or known anyone with a g35. Never thought I would own one but I was in the market for a daily and got a deal I couldn't pass up for a rwd sedan so I jumped in. After getting into i found owning and modifying them isnt a budget friendly thing. I'm more of a person to modify for performance and rwd fun stuff. When I look at sedan g35s especially early models like mine I see mostly cosmetic stuff which I love but I cant do without knowing at anytime I can go have fun and make some others eat dust. Can someone please sell me on this car. I love the luxury feel and that it is clean feeling. I just cant get away with the fact I can't always throw down a manline unless I got it and stick a ton of money into it. Like I'm sure with little mods here and there I can make it work. But I keep having the thought I cant.

P.s. if I am posting in the wrong place or doing anything wrong with forum stuff please let me know I will learn quick and make adjustments accordingly.

Thanks.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:39 PM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
G35 Sedan Leather Base, Z1 Plenum Spacer, Z Tube (Currently sold to a friend)
Maybe I'm getting lost in all of the writing and massive paragraph, so see if I summarized correctly below.

1) Your manual shift mode on your automatic is not functioning or responding.
2) Your only code is for a camshaft position sensor.
3) You park the car for long periods and the battery is dead when you try to restart.

My responses:
1) Don't know, if there is a code for it, I would say it is more manufacturer specific and you will need a professional scanner (the $200+ type).
2) I'd say go ahead and change the camshaft position sensor as they are simple to change and a common problem that can eventually leave you stranded.
3) Yes, you need to measure voltages, trace grounds, search for parasitic draws.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti g35 sedan. Auto :( all stock.
Thanks for replying. And sorry for the long paragraph. I should have thought about that. And sectioned it out. I'll look into the cam sensor and seeing about possibly a dealership pulling the codes for me

Old 07-22-2019, 10:41 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Clean the manumatic switches on the shifter.

Replace your cam sensor with a Genuine Nissan or Hitachi before it leaves you on the side of the road.

Parasitic draw is usually either some aftermarket electronics, or the factory cd changer. Unplug and see if the draw goes away.

These cars can definitely make people eat dust, start with a plenum spacer, supercharger, HFC, tune.

Luxury sport cars are more expensive to own/maintain.