G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Please help me to repair my car. I am on my own with this.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ex wrecked it last Feb. Hasnt been driven since. my dad busted my rear quarter window cutting g.
Please help me to repair my car. I am on my own with this.

Okay so last Feb. my ex fiancé wrecked my car and it’s been sitting in my yard for almost a year. I can’t afford a mechanic, which is why it’s been so long and why my daddy bought a parts car for us to use. But if anyone could explain to me how to switch out the windows and put the front passenger panel & bumper from the parts car onto my car, I would very much appreciate it! There’s also a few minor things inside of my car I’d like to fix but that can come later. I’m just focused on getting it back on the road. The lights and grill I will just order new. Thank you!

This is an above angle from where he hit the ditch with the car.

When getting pulled out, the grill came off and basically shredded.

This is the damage🤕

Side view.

While the car was parked, my father accidentally hit the drivers side rear quarter window with a rock. He’s then bought me a parts car which is exactly like mine, except it it white.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:42 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,463 Likes on 2,155 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Here's a link to the Factory Service Manual (FSM) which covers basically EVERYTHING for the vehicle. If you are familiar with Haynes or Chilton's manuals this is similar except it's the master book that the dealership uses.

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/in...e-manuals.html

The documents start with FWD - Forward, which is basically the table of contents. The front body components like the bumper and fender are in section EI - Exterior/Interior. The side glass is in section GW - Glass, Window, Mirrors.

I would try to piano wire the glass off the other vehicle first to see if you can even get it without cracking it, if you take your time and use a heat gun along with the piano wire you should get it out but be sure to keep track of all the screws and components for the panel trim. Use a ton of ziplock baggies, number them 1-xxxx, take your phone and make pictures with the baggy in the photo before AND after you remove components so you can reference back to where everything goes.

Everything in those photo's looks like it can definitely be repaired, these components will pop right off when you take them apart correctly, if you are trying to force them to come apart you're doing it wrong and are just going to end up breaking stuff.

For the future, when towing a G35 out of a ditch you remove that little square piece of trim in the center of the bumper and screw in the tow hook (it's next to the spare tire/jack) so you don't end up wrecking the body panels like that.

Old 01-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ex wrecked it last Feb. Hasnt been driven since. my dad busted my rear quarter window cutting g.
Thank you so much!