G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Infiniti G35 Valve body replacement(tcm)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti g35 sedan
Infiniti G35 Valve body replacement(tcm)

Alright to start off I just bought this Infiniti at a dealer with 119k miles I was driving it normally and noticed that my car started to slip on first and second and I would step on the gas and it would’ve move at all til 5 secs after then i parked the car and noticed the check engine light turned on and that the car didn’t want to switch gears anymore had to get it towed back home then it start to throw codes such as p1754 p1752 I’ve done my research about it I guess it turned out to be the solenoid inside the transmission! I ordered new ones and replaced and accidentally broke the valve body putting the wrong screw in then I decided to grab a whole different tcm/valve body and installed it into my car i put everything back perfectly as they should be then I noticed that it didn’t indicate(p-r-n-d) on the dash and started to throw a new code u1000 and I reinstalled the valve again to see if I installed anything incorrectly. I did notice one of the wires were pinched probably when the first time installed it and one of the wires were not connected all the way so fixed all those issue and put everything back and still the same problem! Doesn’t start or crank at all! Anything will help this car is far pain in the *** I just need to fix it and sell it asap!

Last edited by Unanimous; 04-05-2024 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:41 PM
Received 398 Likes on 361 Posts
Cranking has nothing to do with the TCM. Thats a separate issue.

Check all your fuses to make sure nothing is blown. Check starter relay too. Its probably something simple like that.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:59 PM
Infiniti g35 sedan
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Cranking has nothing to do with the TCM. Thats a separate issue.

Check all your fuses to make sure nothing is blown. Check starter relay too. Its probably something simple like that.
it’s weird tho all these problems started after I swapped my tcm tho but that was the next I’m gonna get done on it Thank you!

Old 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Unanimous
Alright to start off I just bought this Infiniti at a dealer with 119k miles I was driving it normally and noticed that my car started to slip on first and second and I would step on the gas and it would’ve move at all til 5 secs after then i parked the car and noticed the check engine light turned on and that the car didn’t want to switch gears anymore had to get it towed back home then it start to throw codes such as p1754 p1752 I’ve done my research about it I guess it turned out to be the solenoid inside the transmission! I ordered new ones and replaced and accidentally broke the valve body putting the wrong screw in then I decided to grab a whole different tcm/valve body and installed it into my car i put everything back perfectly as they should be then I noticed that it didn’t indicate(p-r-n-d) on the dash and started to throw a new code u1000 and I reinstalled the valve again to see if I installed anything incorrectly. I did notice one of the wires were pinched probably when the first time installed it and one of the wires were not connected all the way so fixed all those issue and put everything back and still the same problem! Doesn’t start or crank at all! Anything will help this car is far pain in the *** I just need to fix it and sell it asap!
from what I've researched, the car will not start if the TCM cannot communicate with the ECU. I'm having similar issues, discovered pinch wiring and heat, shrunk them and tucked them away nicely. Apparently you u1000 code happens when there is break in communication with the TCM. Please keep us posted on this matter and your solution