G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

checkout these PIX!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
checkout these PIX!

i finally got a chance to post pics of my car. enjoy and let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails checkout these PIX!-engine.jpg  

Last edited by revolutionG35; 03-22-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Very nice....lose the big window sticker though.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Whoa! Lose the sticker! The picture is so small so I'm not sure, but I think it says "RICE"!

Old 03-22-2005, 10:56 AM
I gotta agree...nice car, but that sticker really takes away from the car.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Plates

You should blur out your plates

Old 03-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, id say sell your K&N typhoon. i was the test car for the intake, and ill tell ya, it sounds great, has great power for about 10 minutes, then its all downhill from there. too much heatsoak.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:48 PM
that window sticker i did myself and it says infiniti thats what makes my car stand out

Old 03-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Nope...it looks like you and some buds were drunk one night in Walmart in the automotive section and one of them said to you "Dude...that would look sooooo sweet on your G".

Otherwise nice ride. Kudos.

Old 03-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Thumbs down

Anybody else get a nasty-gram from our friend with the window sticker???

revolutionG35
Trader Rating: (0) Join Date: Feb 2005

hey bitch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey bitch dont ever say some stupid **** about my car why would that say rice. it says infiniti, bitch!
Hilarious!

Edit: I just noticed he took down the pic of his car that showed the window sticker, LMAO!

Old 03-26-2005, 12:32 AM
That's friggin' laugh-out-loud funny.

That brings up an issue on which I'm clearly clueless. Some folks who own multi-market cars like the G35 (Skyline) and G20 (Primera) like to play the swap-the-badge game. I do not understand this. Why?

Yes, the G35 shares a platform, or at least platform architecture, with the Japanese Skyline. And yes the Skyline is one of the most revered sports cars in all of automobiledom. But the G35 is not a Skyline. It's a bloated-up luxurified Americanized sports sedan or coupe. So who exactly are we fooling here with "Skyline 350GT" badging?

RevolutionG35 went a step further in the non-sequitur business by debadging his G35 and rebadging it as a Skyline according to his signature, then further confusing passersby by labeling the thing as an Infiniti on the windshield. So which is it? Infiniti 350GT? Nissan Skyline G35?

Things are even goofier to me on the G20 side of things, with folks doing the same thing with the European Primera tag instead. A Skyline is a reputed beast of a car; even if I don't understand the rebadge thing, at least you're picking a helluva car to impersonate. But yanking the G20 badge off and sticking Primera, the nondescript European Nissan compact hardly known for its world-beating performance, on there?

I shall repeat: I do not understand. Call me dull and unhip if you want.

Old 03-26-2005, 02:59 AM
Wait a minute there. With all due respect you are wrong about the G35/Skyline thing. The Infiniti G35 is the current Nissan Skyline over in Japan right now. You do know that the Skyline has been around since the late 1950's right? The famous Skyline you are thinking about is the Skyline GT-R such as the R32, R33, and R34 that is an inline 6, AWD, twin turboed version that was never released here in the US. It's such a common mistake for people here in the US to associate the Skyline name with only the twin turboed version that you see all the time in tooner magazines and Fast & the Furious type movies. Bascially the Infiniti G35 is really a rebadged Nissan Skyline for the North American market. For a history synopsis of the various generation Skyline vehicles check out this page.

http://history.jbskyline.net/

But I do agree with you that is kinda silly for people to be rebadging their G35's with Nissan emblems and 350GT stickers. We live in America, not Japan. But to each their own.

Old 03-26-2005, 04:41 AM
Originally Posted by Boon
Nope...it looks like you and some buds were drunk one night in Walmart in the automotive section and one of them said to you "Dude...that would look sooooo sweet on your G".

Otherwise nice ride. Kudos.
thanks for the laugh.... i'm still chuckling.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Anybody else get a nasty-gram from our friend with the window sticker???

Hilarious!

Edit: I just noticed he took down the pic of his car that showed the window sticker, LMAO!
ROFLL..... too funny.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by dklau33
With all due respect you are wrong about the G35/Skyline thing. The Infiniti G35 is the current Nissan Skyline over in Japan right now.
Generally true, hence my comment about sharing a platform, i.e. bodypan, engine, transmission, chassis mountpoints, etc. But the car in my garage is not a Skyline. It may look like a Skyline. It may share 95 percent of the Skyline's parts (I'm just guessing here). It may drive a lot like a Skyline. But it is not a Skyline. Says so right in the Owner's Manual.

Hence my confusion on the whole issue. As you said, we're not in Japan. And the debadge/rebadge thing seems to be a mostly Japanese-import thing. I mean, you don't see guys with GTOs rebadging them as Holden Monaros.

Now that would be interesting.

Old 03-26-2005, 01:19 PM
If it's any consolation, I don't get the whole rebadge thing at all, either. If you bought the car in Japan, then it would be a Skyline.

But you didn't... so it's not.

When I get back from the grocery store, I don't take all my cheese and slap stickers on it that says "Fromage".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: checkout these PIX!