G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2005 G35 Sound System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrb
I'd order the car without the premium package, get the sunroof, and with the $1400 you just saved, you can buy a solid stereo system. Replace the factory speakers, get an amp, and add a sub if you want. $1400 can go a long way with audio if you do your research and find a good installer.
"Saving" 1400 bucks sounds OK. But without premium you lose memory seats, power tilt and slide column, full size spare(on the X), dual climate controls, full auto up/down rear windows, homelink, aotomatic anti glare mirror, reclining rear seats, auto on/off headlights, and my favorite feature, intelligent key. I think for the 3500 that premium C costs, it's a bargain. I would not have bought the car without it.

Old 03-28-2005, 07:50 AM
mrb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RichK
"Saving" 1400 bucks sounds OK. But without premium you lose memory seats, power tilt and slide column, full size spare(on the X), dual climate controls, full auto up/down rear windows, homelink, aotomatic anti glare mirror, reclining rear seats, auto on/off headlights, and my favorite feature, intelligent key. I think for the 3500 that premium C costs, it's a bargain. I would not have bought the car without it.
I hear you. Mine was only an opinion nothing more.

Memory seats: Well I would be the only one driving the car, so don't really need the memory feature.

Power tilt and side colum: Same thing, set it once, and I won't have a need for it again.

Full size spare: Could be useful, but like you said, on the X.

Homelink: Actually like this feature, but it doesn't do anything the garage door fob doesn't.

Antiglare mirror: Again, would be nice, but doesn't get used that often.

Dual Climate Controls: Um I make the payment.

I like turning on my own lights, don't need everything automated.

Intellikey, very cool feature.

I'd say the premium package is worth it if you AND your wife drive the car. The main thing advertised for this extra package is the Bose stereo, and there isn't anything premium about it, the H/U is the same on the base model.

Last edited by mrb; 03-28-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Sounds like I'm definitely going to get the X as opposed to the regular model. Still leaning towards not getting the premium package though. I agree with mrb, that I don't need most of those features.

Can anyone take a picture of what the display looks like when playing an MP3? I still don't understand from previous posts if you can actually display the name of the particular song that is playing, based on what you named it when you created the CD.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Definitely agree with MRB. I bought an 05 6MT with Premium Package and if I could do it all over, I'd skip the package. My wife can't drive a manual trans so since I set the seats/steering column initially, I have not touched it. The IntelliKey does not come with the 6MT ; the rear reclining seats don't get used much and seem to take up some leg room (?); Homelink is nice but for the $$$ ; auto dim rear view and auto-on headlights don't care ; sunroof don't care (too hot where I live) ; and the Bose stereo is really pretty pitiful (I've had three Maximas and it seemed to be better).

All things considered, I'd skip the package, find one with a sunroof, and spend the money on a decent aftermarket stereo. I'm really disappointed in the Bose; its really the only reason I got the Premium Package. The factory XM is nice with the steering wheel controls but the display interface sucks for XM; the display does not scroll simply truncates the title or band name.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The wife does drive the G occasionally. Especially if I need her Armada. So the memory seats are a big plus. I also had to have a sunroof and dual climate controls since she is always saying she is cold and I am not. But, every one is different. That's why the Premium is an option.