G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2005 G35 Sound System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 G35 Sound System

Two questions:

- How does the sound system in the base G35 compare to the Bose system that you get with the Premium Package? I don't care much about having a ton of base, I just want crisp clear sound. I normally listen to pop/alternative.

- Any problems with the MP3 playback in the CD changer? Can I just use a regular computer CD burner to put 100+ songs on a CD and play it? Do I have to finalize the CD with MP3's? Can I use CD-RW discs, or only CD-R? Finally, does it display the titles of the songs as they are playing?

Ernest

Old 03-26-2005, 08:36 PM
I created seveal MP3 discs on my computer using CD-R and they play fine. You can choose what is displayed when the song plays. Haven't tried CD-RW, but most players these days support the CD-RW format just fine.

And if it doesn't work, record over it.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:47 PM
What do you mean you can choose what is displayed? What are the choices?

Old 03-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Z2G
the bose system has a lot of bass and very little highs. the regular non-bose system actually sounds better because of that fact. however, if you upgrade just the bose tweeters, it will sound much much better.

the 05 stereo works fine with mp3's. i'm not sure about cd-rw's though...never tried it yet.

Old 03-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy

is that just 2005 edition, or does my 2003.5 play MP3 CDs too? (i don't have bose)... too lazy to get up and test it...

Old 03-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by codeflux
is that just 2005 edition, or does my 2003.5 play MP3 CDs too? (i don't have bose)... too lazy to get up and test it...
Yeah, only the '05! Funny, the owner's manual says to not use CD-R, but I play them in mine just fine.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Other than confusing the player, the only real danger in using a CD-R or RW is the stick on labels. If it starts to peel off in the player (heat, time, cheap label) It can really screwup the player. Better off using a permanent marker & writing directly on the CD.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Z2G
the bose system has a lot of bass and very little highs. the regular non-bose system actually sounds better because of that fact. however, if you upgrade just the bose tweeters, it will sound much much better.

the 05 stereo works fine with mp3's. i'm not sure about cd-rw's though...never tried it yet.
Huh? Are we talking about the same B(l)ose system? I have an 05 coupe with premium and there is very little bass to be had. The sedans have a small sub in them, but the coupes do not. Do a search and you will see a tons of complaints about the lack of low frequency from the system.

Old 03-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by edstalnaker
Two questions:
- How does the sound system in the base G35 compare to the Bose system that you get with the Premium Package? I don't care much about having a ton of base, I just want crisp clear sound. I normally listen to pop/alternative.

We have the Bose. It sounds great. At higher volumes (18-22) the bass hits hard enough to vibrate your rearview mirror. The sound is very clear and has plenty of punch to overcome highway noise with all windows and the sunroof open at speed (60-70MPH).

- Any problems with the MP3 playback in the CD changer? Can I just use a regular computer CD burner to put 100+ songs on a CD and play it? Do I have to finalize the CD with MP3's? Can I use CD-RW discs, or only CD-R? Finally, does it display the titles of the songs as they are playing?

None. Yes, your 100 - 120 songs per CD is accurate. You can also organize then by folder and move between folders easily, plus you can use the random feature to shuffle between songs on all 6 CDs. I finalize, but I can't tell you for sure if it is MANDATORY. CD-RW discs work fine. I have not been able to figure out how to make the display ID tags. I don't believe it can.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scoobybri
Huh? Are we talking about the same B(l)ose system? I have an 05 coupe with premium and there is very little bass to be had. The sedans have a small sub in them, but the coupes do not. Do a search and you will see a tons of complaints about the lack of low frequency from the system.
The coupes have 2 "subs". The subs are in the rear deck while the rear speakers are in the side panels beside the rear seat. Not saying that it makes any difference, but it does have "subs". I did the tweeter swap in my 2003 Maxima and now in my 2005 G35X. It makes a world of difference, you should try it. Definitely worth the 50 bux or so for a pair of tweeters.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:00 PM
What tweeters do you buy and are they easy to install yourself? If you're leasing should you swap back before turning the car in?

Old 03-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the JL tweeters. However, you can go to crutchfeild's site and look for any 4 ohm add on tweeters. I hear the Polks and the Infinitys work well also. As far as the swap, it's pretty easy. Just pop off the tweeter grill and remove the OEM tweeters and install the ones you buy. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, go to a car audio shop. Installation should be minimal and they may have suitable tweeters in stock.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:01 PM
mrb
I'd order the car without the premium package, get the sunroof, and with the $1400 you just saved, you can buy a solid stereo system. Replace the factory speakers, get an amp, and add a sub if you want. $1400 can go a long way with audio if you do your research and find a good installer.

Old 03-27-2005, 11:06 PM
I concur with MRB's previous post. While the factory head unit is acceptable, the only thing premium about the factory speakers and amp is the label. Plan on replacing them to get decent sound quality.

Old 03-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Z2G
Originally Posted by scoobybri
i think most of the complaints about the bose concerns no highs and mediocre mids. as far as the lows (bass), i think it's fine for a stock system. i would never expect the deep lows that you would get with subwoofers in a stock system. and comparing the lows from the bose vs. the regular stock, the bose has more bass. i had the 03 coupe with non-premium for two years and can say from experience that the bose definitely has more bass. i just added infinity tweeters to my 05 bose system and it sounds pretty good. of course, compared to my $2000 kenwood system in my old honda passport, it doesn't even compare.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 G35 Sound System