G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Outrunning a IS300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outrunning a IS300

I raced a IS300 on Hwy40 going from raleigh to wilmington on friday. Now the thing that I thought was funny was that it really wasn't a race more of who has the biggest ***** and wants to push it. At 145 I started to notice the G really starting to make a big gap between us at 152 I backed off. The car at 150 feels better than any other car I have gone close to that fast in, but it was still a little too loose for my comfort. But if anyone wants to push there G it will do it!

Old 05-19-2003, 11:17 AM
Re: Outrunning a IS300

haha at 140 did you feel you were accelerating faster than him?

Old 05-19-2003, 03:45 PM

No not really, I thought that we were just going to top the cars out together, but I did slowly start to pull away. He had done a few things to his car, but it was still not enough for the "G"

Old 05-19-2003, 08:42 PM

You guys should have your licences suspended.

Old 05-19-2003, 10:45 PM

^- that was mean! )

Old 05-19-2003, 11:50 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, yes it was mean, but it's to be exspected when posting that you did 152mph on a public road racing someone. You'll get that kind of responce on any forum. Yeah as a group were more likely to overlook that kind of thing, but let's face it. If both of them were pulled over, ask yourself what the cop is thinking while he's stepping out of his car, I'd say suspended license and impounding both cars.

But hey, good kill (evil grinning here)

Ivry 6mt sed
Injen CAI, 22" resonator
8X18 Enkei RPM2 45mm
Kumho MX 245/40
clear corners

Old 05-20-2003, 12:03 AM

Yeah.. the big key word is IF..pulled over.. cop...

you really dont wanna think about those things when your going in excess of 100

Old 05-20-2003, 01:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can impound your vehicle immediately in San Diego now if you're caught racing.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-20-2003, 12:51 PM

There are just too many variables on public highways to be doing that [censored]! Too many times I have seen people stopped or pulling out from the emergency lane or auto parts, shredded tractor trailer tires, or even animals on the road. At 65-70 you can recover ( Usually) and avoid an accident. At 100 mph plus that ability decreases exponentially.

The lives you f*ck up may not be only your own. Even if you have a one car wreck you will affect everyone who cares about you and even those who don't if you have serious injuries and wind up with medicaid and medicare paying your hospital bills.

Please, please take that crap to a racetrack!!

My G wants to go fast too, but you've gotta use some restraint and common sense!

Old 05-20-2003, 01:01 PM

Street racing...sigh...[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I know someone who killed his best friend in his car while street racing. The driver usually survives, but others tend not to. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into before you do this. A few seconds of speed and glory on the street could ruin your life. Take it to the track.

It's still a G thang!!

Old 05-20-2003, 01:27 PM

I'm sure ya'll have heard of the two drivers in San Diego that were being charged for 2nd degree murder for killing someone in another vehicle while racing.

It looks like they managed to get the charge down to manslaughter, which was expected. But, it looks like the DA is prepared to push charging 2nd degree murder under these circumstances in the future.

Even so, it's a felony. Once you have that, you can't vote, you can't get a government job, you may find employment elsewhere difficult, etc.

There are many venues to blow off steam legally. Local drag races, autocross, etc.

And don't tell yourself you're a good enough driver to avoid this circumstance. You can be a professional race car driver, and some bonehead up ahead of you could not see you and pull into your lane, knocking you into the next one, and that's the end of the game. Or they do see you coming and purposely close that gap you were trying to take, not realizing you're going too fast to back off. It doesn't matter if you're good, everyone else on the street is unpredictable.

Old 05-20-2003, 02:35 PM

Great points....I think I needed someone to remind me to be f'ing careful. I live in Western Philly Burbs and find myself pining to do 100 every chance I get and up to 120 on lightly trafficed highways. I sort of have the as long as I am careful then I am ok attitiude...but as i have learned the hardway with so many cops and so many wrecked motorcycles...it's usually not my fault....

How many times since having your G's have you scared yourself silly and then put in D and slowly driven home. Realizing all the way that it's not worth losing license, freinds or yourself or taking someone elses life into your hands and then losing your life as you know it the G and all diginity you used you used to have while driving it.

Thanks for posting these comments. I think I'll start calming down a little. My pistons will appreciate it too. Next time I want to chase down 540i or a old M3...I'll imagine myself spinning at 150 after trying to avoid debris. Think about it....do you have the dicsipline to drive straight into an object rather than avoid it which can't be done at 150? I have a hard time imagining doing the right thing when confonted with 2 bad choices.

Old 05-20-2003, 02:50 PM

Well, on my morning drive to work today, I was being spirited.. shot over behind a truck, looked back to check the left lane -- all clear, then looked forward.. and Oh Crap, why the heck is that traffic cone in my lane? A quick jog around it, then recheck the left lane before moving over. Just a lone traffic cone lying on it's side in the edge of the middle lane on the freeway, about 200 yards back from where a road crew is working on the right side of the street -- they must have dropped it.

I only had to swerve over about a foot, and the G can take it at that speed (about 80) w/o even blinking. But it emphasizes the unpredictable nature of the streets.

Old 05-20-2003, 03:49 PM

Amen to that.

If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.

Old 05-20-2003, 05:00 PM

Beware of the "Cannon ballers" they should be starting their annual run from San Francisco to Miami. So if you see a bunch of high end cars with number decals on the side get the [censored] out of the way.Some of them might be going a bit quicker than 150.

BTW: There are roads around where people constantly drive above 100. I took some of the back roads from Vegas to Phoenix this past weekend, even the damn trucks (loaded) were running 90+. I don't condone street racing. But everyone here is at least guilty of getting on the throttle, for ever how brief a period of time, and going faster than the posted speed limit. If you say you don't I'm going to say you're probably lying and direct you to the used car dealer for a deal on a 3cylinder Geo Metro.

It's not always speed alone, that kills or injures. It usually some a$$hole will limited driving skills, not knowing the limits of the vehicle, nor his personal limits - thus when to back off.

"03.5" G35-S Ivory Pearl Sport/Prem/Aerodyn-RS
"02" MBZ C-320 Sport Wagon Brilliant Silv/C-2 pac

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Outrunning a IS300