G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How much does your dealer charge for oil change?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by cato
I bring my own oil and West Houston Infiniti charges me around $22. I think it is worth it. They always give me a loner, now they have a fleet of 2005 sedans.

What oil do you take them? What oil do they normally use? How has your service experience been there?
(my service exp. there is that it takes them 2 visits to get a problem corrected--a/c compressor-2 vistits & strut --2 visits.)

By the way, if you are in Sugar Land why not go to: Southwest Infiniti ?
10495 Southwest Fwy
Houston, TX 77074
tel (713) 779-2800
fax (713) 773-6262

Last edited by Texan1; 06-26-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Talking

Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
Why aren't you guys changing your own oil? It's not tough and it gives you the opportunity to eyeball your car and keep tabs on it........My wife even does ours on occasion and enjoys the whole ownership process much more because of it.

I travel 50% of the time--I have a wife and 2 small kids and stuff is always going on--I am very lucky that I can squeeze time to wash/wax my own car and mow my own lawn. Plus, I use oil changes as an opportunity to take the car in and have other issues corrected on my car--Like a blown strut, or bad a/c compressor etc, etc

Plus any extra time I have I would rather be in the gym working out or playing B-ball.

Last edited by Texan1; 06-27-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35john
Montclair Infiniti.... $13.95 and free car washes for life.

WTF, they charged me 33 bucks

Old 06-27-2005, 12:15 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by Texan1
I travel 50% of the time--I have a wife and 2 small kids and stuff is always going on--I am very lucky that I can squeeze time to wash/wax my own car and mow my own lawn. Plus, I use oil changes as an opportunity to take the car in and have other issues corrected on my car--Like a blown strut, or bad a/c compressor etc, etc

Plus any extra time I have I would rather be in the gym working out or playing B-ball.
See this is us too. We are always running around. I will admit that part of it is bad time planning on my part - hey, nobody's perfect. Part of it is that things just frankly take longer for me to accomplish than they do most people - not something I want to get into . The other thing is that my son often takes more time than most little ones his age. He has Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD and has no concept of why it isn't a good idea to do the things you see mom and dad do. If you explain it he understands but would he even think about it before he did it - prolly not. I can see his attempting to "work" on the car. Not good!! LOL! I don't think those are excuses so much as reasons why my time is worth the extra cost in most cases.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After my last service fiasco with infiniti I swore to do all my own oil changes somewhere else. It's super easy to do it. The hardest part is taking out all of the bolts on the underbody diffuser

$30-$40 doesn't seem too out of line. I take my other cars to Oil Changers and if you buy a 5 oil change plan it's $109. I was taking my G there for convienance but they wanted $12 bucks extra to drop the diffuser. So being the cheapskate I am, I would take it off, drive there and get the oil changed then bring it back home and put the diffuser back on. Finally I said screw it, Taking off the diffuser is most of the work so I decided I am going to do the whole thing myself.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:44 AM
It's Lonely At The Bottom
$20 here, plus free car washes. I must say nothing, but great experiences here.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:57 AM
I posted something similar a while back.

Not to knock those who have their cars serviced by dealerships, but they are a rip off to say the least. I'm not suggesting that you take your car to "Joe's cheap Lube," but there are a Hell of a lot of good Ma & Pa mechanics out there. For $20-30, my local shop lets me stand right there and drink my coffee while they do everything. For crying out loud, with the exception of the 30, 60, 90K mile checks, virtually everything that's done to your car is basic lube/fluids and inspection. For my 7500 mile checks, I take my cars (other is a 01 Maxima) to two different places. One guy changes the oil and fluids, the other place rotates the tires and inspects the rotors. I'm out the door for well under $50, where as Infiniti quotes nearly $200.

If you have the money, fine, but don't be bullied or guilted into using the dealerships.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Andy77
Douglas Infiniti-Summit, NJ
Free loaner, wash (if you want it) and interior vacuum. First change.
Oil/Filter change $20.37
Engine Oil $7.56
Filter Asy-0il $6.84
O/ring drain oil $0.89
Top off fluids $2.00
Tax $2.25
TOTAL $39.91

I was a little surprised at the "top off fluids" charge, on the other hand they didn't charge me the waste disposal fee that they (and others) have in the past. (My Subaru oil change at the local garage was $25 in Sept.)

I've been very happy with their service in the past too.
I am going to Douglas in about 1000 miles for my first oil change. $39.91 is very reasonable esp. for a dealer. Acutally my first oil change is free thanks to Jamie. Good to hear good things about them because in my limited experience with them I found them to be excellent.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by mrb
if you have a garage, and some jack stands, just do it yourself. I'd buy the service manual and do all the standard stuff myself, much cheaper. Save your receipts for everything that you do and document everything in word or excel. Many of the interval services are very, very easy to do and I'm not the most mechanically inclined either.
I brought my own Mobil 1 (5 qt from Wal-mart), and the dealer charged me $26 including tax for the labor. Where can we get the service manual? Is it from <A HREF="http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=11">http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=11</A>. Just want to make sure before I download it.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:20 AM
It works on my machine
I used to do all oil changes my self, but the past 10 yrs or so I found it difficult to get rid of the used oil. So, to those who do their own oil changes, what do you do with the old oil?

Old 06-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About 400 bucks... oh, no, wait, that was the 30K service, which essentially consisted of an oil change, a tire R&B (including an $8 piece of lead tape), and them "inspecting" (translation: "looking at") a bunch of stuff, and them trying to sell me lots of other stuff I didn't want or need.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by MrBig
I used to do all oil changes my self, but the past 10 yrs or so I found it difficult to get rid of the used oil. So, to those who do their own oil changes, what do you do with the old oil?
When I do my wife's Celica, I just take the old oil to the local Schucks or Als Auto Supply and give them the oil and they dump it for free.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:11 PM
What kind oil you guys running synthetic or regular?

Old 06-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let me just say that changing the oil filter on this V6 is a b1tch! While it was better than paying $68, I'm going to hunt down a local shop next time because it's not worth $20 to me to do it myself.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Just a followup for you Ladies and Germs....

I just got my oil change at a Nissan dealership. The Service Manager said they can do any service on Infiniti except warranty-related ones. The oil change was uneventful. The job was done cleanly, i.e. all bolts put back and no "after-drip" - - all for $28 OTD. The dealer is Hilltop Nissan for you Northern New Jerseyans.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much does your dealer charge for oil change?