G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Quality of weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Quality of weatherstripping

This is the second time I have had an issue with the weatherstripping around the driver side door, there is a tear in it, same place as the first time, the first time the dealer thought it was due to them removing my driver seat, and they ripped it, nothing had been done recently of that nature, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with this. It's the rubber in the door opening, not on the door itself, I mean sometimes I brush that area with my leg, a pant leg shouldn't do that if it's made properly, right? Never had an issue like that on any previous vehicles.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
This is the second time I have had an issue with the weatherstripping around the driver side door, there is a tear in it, same place as the first time, the first time the dealer thought it was due to them removing my driver seat, and they ripped it, nothing had been done recently of that nature, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with this. It's the rubber in the door opening, not on the door itself, I mean sometimes I brush that area with my leg, a pant leg shouldn't do that if it's made properly, right? Never had an issue like that on any previous vehicles.
I have this issue as well. I finally figured out that it was just me brushing it when I entered the car. I'm a big guy so if I'm not careful I'll rub the weatherstripping pretty hard when I get in the car.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I noticed the same problem with my weatherstipping. I then realized it was from me rubbing against it when I entered the car. I am 6'-3" so my seat back it actually behind the door post. I have since been more careful and I have noticed it hasn't gotten any worse.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My drivers door weatherstripping also tore on its seem. They replaced it. However, since new, I have noticed that the drivers door needs extra force to close it as compared to the other doors. Otherwise, I don't get a complete shut.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I have this issue as well. I finally figured out that it was just me brushing it when I entered the car. I'm a big guy so if I'm not careful I'll rub the weatherstripping pretty hard when I get in the car.
Yes, but shouldn't that be designed to accomodate that? The angle of the door makes it hard to avoid contact. I'm going to try again to get it replaced on warranty, we'll see!

Old 04-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Yes, but shouldn't that be designed to accomodate that? The angle of the door makes it hard to avoid contact. I'm going to try again to get it replaced on warranty, we'll see!
You're driving a rebadged JDM vehicle. Japanese aren't big people.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I stopped using the seat memory.
Since this is only a single axis memory, I don't find it all that usefull anyway.

I actually find it easier getting in and out with the seat in it's
normal position. (a little forward of the max rear position)

Old 04-18-2005, 09:13 PM
I took the car by the dealership today, they are replacing it under warranty. I may try moving the seat a bit forward for exit, but not sure I can, I need al the room I can get for exiting, due to a bad leg!

You're driving a rebadged JDM vehicle. Japanese aren't big people.
Hmmmm, what about s Sumo Wrestler, not big?

Old 04-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Philly_G35
I noticed the same problem with my weatherstipping. I then realized it was from me rubbing against it when I entered the car. I am 6'-3" so my seat back it actually behind the door post. I have since been more careful and I have noticed it hasn't gotten any worse.
Ditto here. I drive with the seat all the way back as well.