G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Whats up with G35 Sedan owners!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by dbarnes
Rare is the day that my black sedan does not look "showroom" clean. We wash her once a week, regardless of the weather, and my wife wipes it down with microfiber towels and "quick detailer spray" just about every morning, before I leave for work. She also washes the windshield if it's dirty, and, mid-week, she will spray the front rims with "brake buster", hose them off, then wipe them down with a terry cloth towel, then goes to the back ones and just wipes them down with the damp towel. She's awesome, and because of that, so is my "G" !!

My advice - marry well !!
You are joking, right? If not, does she have a sister?

Old 04-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car doesn't know the meaning of dust or dirt.....get with it people, love the car and the car will love you back!

then again, maybe i just enjoy the compliments on my clean sedan way too much....

Old 04-23-2005, 02:34 AM
I agree; I have a friend that lets his G get so dirty, sometimes I wash it when I visit because it's so nice it just hurts to see it so neglected!

Old 04-23-2005, 04:42 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by shodog
I am guilty of having a dirty car. When I was in High School I used to wash my car almost everyday. As I got older it didn't matter much to me anymore. Right now my front rims are very dark with dust. I thought about washing it but the wifey is taking it on a road trip this weekend so whats the use.
Wash your G this instant! Don't make me come over there!

There is a coupe right around the corner from my house that is usually dirty and has been on a donut spare tire for the last two weeks.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Anything to the thought that coupe owners may have more time to spend with their cars?

Who is the typical coupe owner v. typical sedan owner...ie. are sedan owners married, suburban dwellers with kids, a dog, a yard and the typical 100 things demanding their attention?

I know for myself I don't have 3 hours every weekend to devote to washing my sedan. (I'd rather not do it that do a half-assed job)

Old 04-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can only speak for myself here, but I am just a very busy guy. I hardly have time to take care of my own personal affairs like paying bills and whatnot, let alone luxuries like washing my car. I'd like to keep it looking nicer, but I just don't have time and I don't trust anybody else not to scratch up my baby's paint job.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:25 PM
GSQUAD
As a Sedan WOMAN driver, I thought I would speak my mind. Yes it is true I have seen sedan owners and their cars are wrecked with dings, overloaded break dust, etc... but as far as my IP Sedan is concerned, it is spotless!! I clean my car every weekend, make sure I park it far away from other cars so people dont hit into it when parking. Look out for potholes so I dont bend my 18's. Yes I had a few incidences with people parking but of course I got it fixed, I would never leave it looking sloppy. Even if the sedan owners who lease their cars have scratches, etc.. they eventually have to pay for it. So its their fault. I guess thats what they want to do with a $35k car and then get another $35k car and do the same thing. Must be nice to have a lot of money to lease cars and dont give a S&^* about em.

Old 04-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
What's brake buster, this stuff?

No, Brake Buster is a product I get from a Hayward, California supplier of auto detail products (in bulk, for body shops and professional detailers). It's a "non-acid" wheel cleaner that was formulated to clean like acid products (per Mfg) in order to "safely remove accumulated brake dust and light corrosion from premium quality wheels without damaging the delicate surface". We spray it on, let sit for 60 seconds or so, then hose off (scrub with soft brush if they are real bad).

The stuff in your post looks like it's very similar, though. I see many products at auto parts stores from name brand manufacturers that claim to do the same, and they probably do. I just buy my stuff in bulk (or quantity) from these guys, like their "showroom shine detailer spray" (named Paint Gloss), carpet/upholstery cleaners, etc., etc., so that's what I use.

Last edited by dbarnes; 04-23-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by obender66
You are joking, right? If not, does she have a sister?

No Obender, not kidding about her cleaning my car, but also no, no sisters just 6 brothers (she's the oldest).

She's also a pretty fair country mechanic (replacing the radiator in her '96 Accord EX as I write this), and has recently gotten into woodworking (wanted a sliding compound radial arm saw for Christmas). And she's good lookin', too. Sorry, off topic guys - but I am blessed.

Last edited by dbarnes; 04-23-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey! I am also an owner of 05 G35. And my G35 is extremely dirty! I just don't have time to wash it! Study, work, family and friends.... sometimes I really wish I can have more spare time for my G35 and other stuffs, but my schedule is full...

And, as you know, it is sooooooooo hard to keep it bling for black cars.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:46 PM
My car is dirty. I have a life which includes two kids under 3yrs old. I don't have time to go **** about my car.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by alderran
My car is dirty. I have a life which includes two kids under 3yrs old. I don't have time to go **** about my car.
I remember those days, Alderran. At least you've got a real nice car, to get you through them.

No doubt, some things are just more important than washing the car - our youngest is 25 yrs. old (I'm 47), and we have the time now, but you don't get those early years in their live's back, my friend.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by alderran
Even without kids, life is full, I try and wash my car every week, but it doesn't always happen, usually winds up every other week anymore, LOL, when I was in college,(like the dark ages, LOL) I would wash my car like 3 times a week, but that changed quickly when I had to go to work! I thought if I didn't have to work, I would be washing the car more, but I seem to be busier not working than I was when I worked, go figure!

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 04-23-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:49 AM
Dbarnes.......your wife is AWESOME!!! congrats. I've got a white sedan and i wash it every week to keep it clean, espeically the rims! Since they get dirty very easily cuz of the brake

Old 04-25-2005, 04:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wash my car as often as I can but unfortunately when I do 100 miles a day just in my commute alone, it doesn't last long

In all honesty I'm way more worried about how quick my car is and how much I enjoy driving it than what it looks like from the outside If it was the other way around, I WOULD be driving the coupe

So yeah, I try to keep mine clean but with two young kids and a many-mile commute, my car 1) doesn't get washed as often as I'd like and 2) doesn't stay clean for long.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats up with G35 Sedan owners!!!