G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

05 owners, did they drill plate holes in your bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
05 owners, did they drill plate holes in your bumper?

Is it true if you live in a State that requires front plate you have no choice...the dealer is required to drill the bumper.

Old 04-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in CA and they didnt drill a hole for my G35.

Old 04-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
They used the mounting bracket attachment inside the tow-hole. No drilling required.

Old 04-30-2005, 08:56 PM
No holes on my 05 g35.

Old 04-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Vsix
I live in CA and they didnt drill a hole for my G35.
Vsix, which dealer did you purchase your G from? (I'm in RH too)

I bought my sedan from Metro in Feb and they drilled the holes. The worst part is, not only are there holes from the bracket, the screws they used to hold in the paper "advertisement" plate were too long so now there are FOUR holes in my bumper.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Front plates are required in CA ... and so the dealer asked me to sign a release form indicating that I declined having the front plate bracket installed ... and the form quoted the vehicle code, providing a reminder that the front plate is required and that I would be subject to a citation and fine if stopped.

LOL ... guess the dealer is covering themselves in case I'm stopped and try to blame them.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Yes they drilled 2 holes in my front bumper and i think that i shud not have had them done although its required in Las Vegas to have front license plates but lot of cars do not have them also

Its too late

Old 05-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by harley01
Is it true if you live in a State that requires front plate you have no choice...the dealer is required to drill the bumper.
I'm in LA and my dealer didn't mention anything about the front plate. They just left the mounting kit in the trunk (where it still sits).

Old 05-01-2005, 02:54 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I live in orange county where it is required.. but i specifically asked the dealer not to mount the license plate.. they had no problem with it.

Old 05-01-2005, 08:14 AM
woshiagni,

I bought my 05 G35 at Montclair last Nov. They didnt mention a word about the front plate matter..

Old 05-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank goodness PA doesn't have front plates. I would not have taken the car with holes. I would just sign the waiver and see what happened.

Old 05-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Yeah! First Post

Longtime lurker whoi just joined the club!

I picked up my car on Friday, and they specifically asked if I wanted the plate holder mounted or not, I declined.

It was a last minute transfer from another dealer, so I wasn't going to go nuts if they had, but I am gald they did not. They claimed they always ask the owner first, and it looked like all their stock did not have them mounted yet.

Now I need to get one of the tow hook mounting brackets, and a sealed cover for the front plate. I really want to forgo the front plate, purely for styling reasons, but I do not need an extra reason to be stopped.

FYI, the tow hook is now a larger thread than past years. Stillen says M22 thread, so I may try to make my own.

Brent

Old 05-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BWagner
Longtime lurker whoi just joined the club!

I picked up my car on Friday, and they specifically asked if I wanted the plate holder mounted or not, I declined.

It was a last minute transfer from another dealer, so I wasn't going to go nuts if they had, but I am gald they did not. They claimed they always ask the owner first, and it looked like all their stock did not have them mounted yet.

Now I need to get one of the tow hook mounting brackets, and a sealed cover for the front plate. I really want to forgo the front plate, purely for styling reasons, but I do not need an extra reason to be stopped.

FYI, the tow hook is now a larger thread than past years. Stillen says M22 thread, so I may try to make my own.

Brent
There should be a plate bracket in the car already, the '05 loaner I had recently had it in the trunk. (we don't have a front plate here) I think it's nice how Infiniti does the front plate, you don't have to be drilling any holes, no matter what anyone says!

Old 05-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by harley01
Not necessarily. Texas law requires a front plate, but my dealer (Sewell Infiniti in Dallas) doesn't attach the front plate bracket as a rule. They leave the bracket in the trunk and will install it if you ask.

There are a few municipalities around Dallas that have pissy little police departments (Mequite and Rockwall among others, according to Sewell staff) that'll pull you over for a front-plate infraction as an excuse to give you the once over. I stay away from those places. I haven't had a front plate on a car in 15 years and haven't been hassled, even after being stopped for speeding. Lucky, I suppose.

Front plates are hideous. Hate 'em.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm in Texas also, and specifically asked Crest Infiniti NOT to install the front bracket. So they put it in the trunk.

I did get pulled over once in my pickup, and the cop said the reason he picked me out of traffic was because I didn't have a front license plate. He didn't give me a ticket for it, but wrote me up for speeding instead (went to court, and proved I wasn't speeding like he said; long story). But I haven't had a front plate on a car for the past 13 years, and never had a problem.

Besides, it spoils the glorious front end of the G!