G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

custom rubber pads for jacks (jacking your g)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
custom rubber pads for jacks (jacking your g)

I have contacted a rubber component manufacterer and I am in the process of arranging for a rubber jack stand adapter to be made for use with unibody cars like our infiniti.. essentially, the bottom part will fill in any cup jack stand like your typical craftsman jack stand or powerbuilt jack stand, and the top part will be shaped the like spare tire jack tip (the one the slides perfectly into the side rail.

This will eliminate any damange and provide a stable solution for jacking your g. I need as many people as possible that are interested to demonstrate their interest so as to promote the development of this part and to make it available.

How many people are interested? here is a general idea of what it will look like (credit goes to someone who posted this pic initially).. note that it will slip over the top of the jack (hence it would not slip off) and it will stick up higher to go into the slots designed for the spare tire jack.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As long as it isn't absurdly priced, I'm interested. I tried to find the same thing from whatever company is listed in the service manual - with no luck. I'm getting tired of bending back that soft metal flange thingy.

Plus I would feel so much safer when I'm jerking the car around from underneath, trying to remove siezed exhaust bolts.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would be more interested in something for use with the jack itself.

More along the lines of: <a href="http://www.protechproducts.net/images/JACKPADS.asp">Jack pads</a> but rectangular at the top and maybe round at the bottom.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by redwillow
i would be more interested in something for use with the jack itself.

More along the lines of: <a href="http://www.protechproducts.net/images/JACKPADS.asp">Jack pads</a> but rectangular at the top and maybe round at the bottom.
What you're asking for can be accomplished with the purchase of a $0.99 hockey puck

pucks are made from vulcanized rubber, exactly what you desire in this application. the teeth of any floor jack can eat their way into the puck to create a solid grip. As for the top of the puck, you can drill some groves or cut away a shape to better grip say the differential or front jacking point, however, I believe that the rubber on the puck itself will provide enough traction for this application.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay
What you're asking for can be accomplished with the purchase of a $0.99 hockey puck

pucks are made from vulcanized rubber, exactly what you desire in this application. the teeth of any floor jack can eat their way into the puck to create a solid grip. As for the top of the puck, you can drill some groves or cut away a shape to better grip say the differential or front jacking point, however, I believe that the rubber on the puck itself will provide enough traction for this application.
Hell ya, these things can be made quite easily with a multiple of cheap rubber peices including hockey pucks and high durometer rubber found at a home improvement store. Another option is a simple piece of wood with a slot cut in it.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i might look into the hockey puck suggestion, sounds like a good idea.
Another option is a simple piece of wood with a slot cut in it.
i have tried that several times, but the wood just splits after a few uses.