G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just curious...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I jump into this? I don't own a g35, but I'm seriously looking. I don't quite fit into any of the 3 catagories listed above. I'm 50, so old, worked at the same job for 30 years, make enough to live on, wife who doesn't work, 2 kids, teens...not cheap. But, my mortgage is paid off, I do well in the markets, yes I started with nothing and slowly built my way up a bit, bought my 2002 Maxima and paid 28000 cdn. off in 2 years, saved the past year, and I deserve something nice to drive. You only live once...or twice depending on your religion, and I see too many people my age dying and not enjoying life. I work 60 hours a week, paid for 40 of them, salaried, and my car is my enjoyment and stress reliever, I have the shiniest car in Nova Scotia, rain or shine. Sooo downtown, go for it.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by baker
May I jump into this? I don't own a g35, but I'm seriously looking. I don't quite fit into any of the 3 catagories listed above. I'm 50, so old, worked at the same job for 30 years, make enough to live on, wife who doesn't work, 2 kids, teens...not cheap. But, my mortgage is paid off, I do well in the markets, yes I started with nothing and slowly built my way up a bit, bought my 2002 Maxima and paid 28000 cdn. off in 2 years, saved the past year, and I deserve something nice to drive. You only live once...or twice depending on your religion, and I see too many people my age dying and not enjoying life. I work 60 hours a week, paid for 40 of them, salaried, and my car is my enjoyment and stress reliever, I have the shiniest car in Nova Scotia, rain or shine. Sooo downtown, go for it.
More good advice. Thanks!

Old 05-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Downtown,how old are you?I think that is a big facter in all of this.If you were sixty,maybe you could have done better.If you are thirty you are off to a great start and I would go for it.Look at it this way.Say you buy a 4cyl accord for maybe 250 a month.And you could drive a G for 400 a month.If you are like me and cars are your hobby, it cost you to play.You have to pay to drive anything so the G is bassically a little extra but it is your enjoyment.I dont enjoy alot of things other people pay for,like fishing.hunting,golfing, hate camping,biking,old classic cars you name it so I will pay 150 more a month for my enjoyment.

Old 05-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by chadg
Downtown,how old are you?I think that is a big facter in all of this.If you were sixty,maybe you could have done better.If you are thirty you are off to a great start and I would go for it.Look at it this way.Say you buy a 4cyl accord for maybe 250 a month.And you could drive a G for 400 a month.If you are like me and cars are your hobby, it cost you to play.You have to pay to drive anything so the G is bassically a little extra but it is your enjoyment.I dont enjoy alot of things other people pay for,like fishing.hunting,golfing, hate camping,biking,old classic cars you name it so I will pay 150 more a month for my enjoyment.
I'm 32. I agree w/ your perspective, Thanks! Unfortunately, I have a TON of hobbies (golf, skiing, boating, family, etc). So I do have to choose.

HOWEVER, this is the plan:

I'm meeting w/ a financial advisor, getting all my savings, etc. lined up, and planned out, then......

I'm buying! Silver on Black Sport - was doing the 6 MT, but I'm not a huge fan of the clutch and shift action compared to BMW 330, and Acura. I'm getting the auto. It is a new standard in automatic tranny's.

Thanks for all the feedback!