G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Do G35s owners "wave" to each other?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 03:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i usualy give a thumbs up to other g owners if i can get them to look over.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
only one coupe owner gave me thumbs up....
all the rest of the G35 owners never even notice me.....

but in the M3, its totally different, other M3 owners would notice u

Old 06-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Most have no clue about our little "cult", if you will. A lot of people who own them are those very same people that say "oh, that's a cute car.....what is it?" Right or what?

Old 06-13-2005, 08:25 AM
There are a fair number of G's (both coupe & sedan) and to be honest God forbid you should end up at a light and want to ask them about a mod on their car. Here's the sequence:

Me: A friendly toot-toot or hand gesture
Other drive: Tilt head, roll eyes, slooooowly lean over and turn down stereo,
put down window, and then give the very best possible 'WTF are you talking to me a**hole' look.
Me:Ask question, recieve answer, then I say something to the effect of "there are sure are a lot of these & I guess cos its so cheap"

In other words "It ain't no Lambo ego boy"

Disappointing. I'm not looking to make friends but a little approachability would be nice.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Unhappy NOT in Cincinnati

NOPE, not here. Mostly dirty sedans being driven by women who don't know or care.

Even worse though.

Two weeks ago, a guy my age, driving my identical car (blk/blk 6-sp), he even had temp tags, driving like an a-hole (just like me), came flying up beside me. I looked over to wave, he did not, he then proceeds to try to cut in front of me using the 6 feet i was leaving between the car in front of me.

So, bottom line the only interest this guy had in my car was to occupy the same piece of real-estate.

Therefore i have mostly given up on fellow G's in Cincy (sedans anyway)

Old 06-13-2005, 05:06 PM
No waves here in AZ. I think one of the problems is that almost every car here has very dark window tint so it’s hard to see me wave. On top of that, most sedan drivers seem to be women (I’m not helping that stat), and I don’t really bother to wave to women drivers because I doubt they’re car people. It’s not sexist if I say it!

Old 06-13-2005, 06:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sure do, and sometimes other Infiniti's . I usually get a wave back or some kind of acknowledgement.
C.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I shoot 'em the Shaka. All G owners and even other Infinitis.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nope

Old 06-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I tried but, most of the time when i get the driver's attention they just look at me weird :-(

Old 06-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Cool

Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I usually try to acknowledge other G35 owners but most of the time they are so oblivious they never even notice.

+1....

when ever i see another G i flash my lights.... i've had my car now for about 2 months. and im in S. FL so i see a lot of G's ... so far i have not gotten any response back.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I'm usually deep in thought when I'm driving (many times about the performance of the car and what I can do to better it)... I always notice other G’s but rarely in a position to see the driver for any “gesture” - but I have struck up conversations. All G and Z owners I've met (So Cal) are very cool. I found out about Bat's overlays by pulling into a parking lot behind a coupe that had them - he told me how to get 'em... coincidently I had been talking with a new Z owner at a gas station the day before, and he pulled in the same lot as I was talking with the overlay G.

It's late, that probably didn't make as much sense as it should have but the bottom line is three people that didn't know each other all end up at same location and chat it up... I'd say there's definitely camaraderie, especially (as others have said) when you can tell the owner cares and has cosmetic or performance mods.

Old 06-14-2005, 02:13 AM
it's the roll of the dice......check this out...pulled into muffler shop and saw two coupes in the lot.....they all turned and checked my ride out.....you know, heads sweeping from front to rear, actually i think they're checking my coupe wheels. So, i get out and asked, "you guys on the forumn?" hoping to strike up some comraderie and chit-chat.......they looked at me in this weird "my coupe is better than your sedan" look and said "no"....i kept my poker face on(even though i don't even know how to play)......but behind my eyeballs, i was thinking WTF is up with your attitude?! remember, i said that in my head and not out loud cause there's four of them and one of me...haha......didn't bother talking to them after that.....

so, was driving along minding my own business and got a thumbs up from a sedan with aftermarket wheels.........i threw a peace sign back.........see, roll of the dice.....
peace.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:02 AM
I was trying to say hi to this silver COUPE and the guy just sped up. License plate ****FIT.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:54 AM
his plate should of read: "ANTISOCIAL"....w/seven letters: ANTISCL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do G35s owners "wave" to each other?