G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Do G35s owners "wave" to each other?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:04 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
Too bad site members have no way ( small window decal or some ****) of identifying ourselves because, for the most part, I could care less about waving at some SOB who is totally clueless about owning a 'G'. Maybe/probably it's just me ............
We were just talking about that when this thread got going. We were saying that we needed some kind of identifier to show we were on the forum and also to advertise the site a little. Anyone thought about window stickies with the logo or some other kind of window sticker?

Old 06-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Yeah....maybe red and yellow beanies with propellers. Whatever.....it's hard enough to spot a goddam G when you're watch'n the road anyway lol. Does anybody really care, or am I just a big frigg'n curmudgeon? The latter I'm sure. The decal, of some sort, still isn't a bad idea I guess. Have a good Dad's day.JBX

Old 06-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Forum decals were available at one time but I don't think it went over so well. I'm not a sticker person anyway.

Happy Fathers Day too!

Old 06-19-2005, 04:37 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Yeah....maybe red and yellow beanies with propellers. Whatever.....it's hard enough to spot a goddam G when you're watch'n the road anyway lol. Does anybody really care, or am I just a big frigg'n curmudgeon? The latter I'm sure. The decal, of some sort, still isn't a bad idea I guess. Have a good Dad's day.JBX
Nah your not a curmudgeon. LOL! Just different things for different people.

I mean more for if your at a light or see someone in a parking lot - that kind of thing. Plus, there are likely some folks out there that would check out the site if they knew it was around and we may convert them to our little cult in the process (insert vincent price sound effects here)

Old 06-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Today, while driving out for Father's Day Supper, a lady in her 50s, also in an IP G35, made it a point to drive up beside me, honk her horn, and give me the 'thumbs-up'!

I used to do it all the time until the drivers would just stare blankly back at me 95% or the time.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:09 AM
yes we do...we grunt as well

Old 06-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Well, for what it's worth, I mostly see older women driving Gs. I was getting gas a while ago and a dude in a Jeep was asking me about the car. He was considering getting one for his wife. (No offense Trey's wife). At my dry cleaner, one of the guys drives a coupe. Him and his brother were diggin' my wheels, sound. Mixed bag but not many waves.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madchef
I usually give a "hey" wave or thumbs up to other G drivers, but rarely get a response.

What is up with you guys from Cali giving the peace sign?? So random, maybe it's a west coast thing
wonders how they give one peace sign with two hands and drive at same time? ... I usually look to see if they have some type of Mods on their car first, before I start to wave or give hand signs of any kind...

Old 06-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Driving yesterday I was passed by two coupes. I gave a thumbs up to both. I'm not sure if the first one saw it or if the passenger who could see it just ignored me. The second one's passenger saw it, looked a little surprised and then smiled slightly. At least he recognized it.

limeg35-The peace sign, a V with the index and long fingers, can be done fine with one hand.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:52 PM
I've noticed, on the rare occasion when I see another Garnet Fire sedan (not the most common color on the road), I almost always get a wave and a smile. Doesn't really happen with the other color G's. Except a few time with some Carribean Blue's...

Old 06-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Too bad site members have no way ( small window decal or some ****) of identifying ourselves because, for the most part, I could care less about waving at some SOB who is totally clueless about owning a 'G'. Maybe/probably it's just me ............

i actually had this "identifier" idea, but no one at the time cared........

it' quite simple ...wire the sedans front signal blinker, (both sides) to stay on w/the ignition.......car on, front blinker lights on....car off, they're off......the blinker will still flash their respective sides when signalling.......so, who can wire it up like that? that way, you know it's a forumn member when you see them blinker lights stay on........remember, this is for the 03-04 sedans, not sure about the 05 sedans front blinkers setup........that's .02, hope someone can take it a step further.....peace...

Old 06-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I always wave - most of the time folks wave back, sometimes they don't. It's cool, at least they aren't shooting at me.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:29 AM
I always acknowledge fellow G owners. Although I have noticed some coupe owners seem to have a chip on their shoulder. Don't know what that's about.....