Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
FWIW...
You can get adjustable head rests
http://infinitipa.zoovy.com/product/Y34HEADREST
Wow. Headrests cost over $320? Plus screens, plus DVD, plus wiring, plus labor - you'll be well over a grand before you're done. What kind of budget are you hoping to meet?

Old 06-24-2005, 01:30 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Wow. Headrests cost over $320? Plus screens, plus DVD, plus wiring, plus labor - you'll be well over a grand before you're done. What kind of budget are you hoping to meet?
Not really sure on the budget thing. I am hoping in the $800 range. I plan on only replacing one headrest and doing one screen. I could give crap about having more than one screen. I could always add another later is what they said last night. I only have one kid, won't be having any more so it isn't an issue. They also talked about using a new PS2 for the DVD player since we also want the option of the game system to be hooked up. Do some slight modification to the trunk access panal and mount the PS2 to it for access. Gotta get over there today to see what the top guy says. Just trying to find a way to NOT take the kiddo with me since he talks the whole time. LOL

Old 06-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Not really sure on the budget thing. I am hoping in the $800 range. I plan on only replacing one headrest and doing one screen. I could give crap about having more than one screen. I could always add another later is what they said last night. I only have one kid, won't be having any more so it isn't an issue. They also talked about using a new PS2 for the DVD player since we also want the option of the game system to be hooked up. Do some slight modification to the trunk access panal and mount the PS2 to it for access. Gotta get over there today to see what the top guy says. Just trying to find a way to NOT take the kiddo with me since he talks the whole time. LOL
Every dollar spent on this DVD project is a dollar that I can't spend on mods. When I pointed this out to my wife last night, she said I should think about someone else for a change. I have. I gave her my old g, didn't I?

Old 06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
she said I should think about someone else for a change. I have. I gave her my old g, didn't I?
That's telling her Trey.

Cheryl, I think you owe your husband an apology.

Old 06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
you can spend $800 just on the headrest and install... but you still gotta think about the DVD source.

What are you gonna spend on the DVD player, where is it gonna be installed and how much are you willing to spend. If you do not replace your head unit, and you do not have NAV you can stick it in that cubby hole. I have nav, so installed mine in the rear armrest and used an AVElectronic's Nav/tuner so I could use the navi screen to display (headrests will come one day).

If this something that you dont want to put a lot of money into, and are not showing the car, i would just get the portable system. You then could switch it out between cars and save yourself $1k +.

Cheers, Ted

Old 06-24-2005, 03:52 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by SoCalTed
I have nav, so installed mine in the rear armrest and used an AVElectronic's Nav/tuner so I could use the navi screen to display (headrests will come one day).
Cheers, Ted
Ah, this is something we discussed last night! Did you have to mod the slot to fit the DVD player? Also, what brand is the DVD? This would be PERFECT!! I dont have the nav but I also don't want to give up my cubby up there. I use it quite a bit.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:43 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Ok we went by Tweeter tonight. They gave us a quote of $700 for a 5.8" monitor installed into the headrest, the DVD player with A/V inputs into the "first aid kit" space in the rear armrest, and a wireless headphone. We opted for not having an FM modulator put in since frankly I have seen Monsters, Inc and The Incredibles enough times to not feel the need to listen to them. This still means that I will have to get the replacement headrest from everythingg35.com at $170. Not sure if it's worth it or not. Hubby is upset about running wires in weird places and not having a hook up to the headunit for the audio.

Now I am thinking about checking my options for the portable DVD. For $870 I could prolly get a portable DVD and still afford the XM for my head unit. Yeh, I get selfish every now and then too - but we would have Radio Disney then