G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 the new "drug dealers car?"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machine Head
Like I said I agree the situation was shady and I'm not complaining that I got pulled over. My reason for complaining about the racial profiling is his series of questions that had already beed answered by my valid drivers license and registration, as well as the fact that he questioned how "I" could afford this car.

If my name was Bob Smith ans my skin a lighter tone I am sure the questioning would not have gone that way.
I guess the biggest problem with making statements like that, and playing the race card so boldly is that it never comes out except when someone is seeing themselves as a victim. The real deal is, whether the officers were right or wrong...your behavior was out of line. By being combative and making sarcastic comments like you made, you were giving the cops all the reason in the world to make your life miserable...no matter what your "skin tone". Perhaps you need to gain some much needed humility and engage your thinking process before opening your mouth. Much of our problems in life can be avoided if we consider two words: "shut up".

Besides, you would have had the upper hand if you had let them act like a$$es, then filed a complaint against them the next day.

My 2-cents...

Old 07-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Wow . . . The upside to this is that the situation did not escalate into something else. True, you were put into a bad situation. I might be more that a bit upset, myself. However, right or wrong, the officers were simply performing their jobsand sent you on your way . . . Even after your bold comments. In a different situation, you might have gotten intimate with Mr. Baton. Chalk it up to a bad experience.
Most cop cars these days are equipped with video and audio devices to record every stop. If.... they beat his a$$ because he was a smartass but didnt' physically do anything... he'd be driving a ferrari right now. And no.... cops dont' a ******* right to talk **** to you and you have to be like yes sir anything you say sir especially if you didn't so $hit. **** that.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Cops get away with a $hit load of stuff because we as people put up with it. Innocent people should not be treated with such disrespect.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm subscribed to several forums of different cars and whenever the subject of police officers come up there is a TON of bashing. I have found however that the majority of this great "G" forum is (probably not so much pro-cop) as it is understanding of the duties of police officers. This is the first forum I've been subscribed to that has been like this. It has been a real honor to read that the majority who replied to this thread "defended" a police officer's position. Not so much the officers Machine Head was stopped by but officers in general.

There will always be bashing of those in law enforcement. I could think of countless replies, retorts and questions to those who do bash us but it doesn't matter. There could have only been one reply out of all of these posts that was positive towards law enforcement and the rest hateful and it would make my job all worth it in my eyes - just from that ONE person. I realize that we have to put on a game face many times otherwise there would be a lot more injured or even dead officers. But it's really, really nice to see someone appreciate us despite the "job" we do. That's all it is is a job - it doesn't make us who we are. If you take away the color of authority from the few officers that are "jerks" you probably will have...*surprise* probably still "jerks". I gave up defending my job long ago and just let people rant because it doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks of me or my L.E. family. I just know my character allows me to go home without feeling ashamed in front of my family. I'm sure I speak for every man and women in law enforcement when I say [thank you] to those who do appreciate us. Most times it's you guys that keep our heads up - you know who you are in this thread. For those that don't appreciate us, just know that we will continue to risk our lives and livelyhood for you and risk leaving a beautiful family for you because we not only took an oath to do so but because your life and livelyhood matters to us - even if you do hate us.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Well said Unherd.

Like I said I agree the situation was shady and I'm not complaining that I got pulled over. My reason for complaining about the racial profiling is his series of questions that had already beed answered by my valid drivers license and registration, as well as the fact that he questioned how "I" could afford this car.
Police officers often ask questions that they know the answer to to see what your demeanor is, test your speech, see if your story matches the paperwork in their hands etc.

People out at 0200 are often up to no good, and that may change the approach of the officer during a traffic stop. You never know what 'stop' they just came from or what radio call they just responded to. All you know is your world. A police officer sees more in a week than most civilians see in a lifetime. Think about that when you see the lights in your rear view.

For those who think they know how a police officer thinks or acts - call your local law enforcement and set up a ride-along. Do it during the graveyard shift on a Friday or Saturday night. You'll learn a lot whether you want to or not.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:22 PM
I've been stopped more than a few times by police officers, both I'm a driver and when I'm a passenger. You say that the time of day...or night will change the demeanor of an officer? Well I was pulled over at 7pm on a Saturday night and asked the same question as the original poster... "is this your car?" Really, I shouldn't be offended? But I wasn't driving it like I stole it. I was going 5 miles over the speed limit. I didn't give him a smart *** comment... why? For what? I wasn't in the mood, I simply replied, "my info is in your hands you can run it." That day I was also wearing sweat pants long sleeve shirt and a bubble vest. Does my outfit determine whether or not I should be able to afford this type of car? After I got my ticket I was on my way. I would understand if I was DUI or my tags were reported stolen or fit the description of a suspect. Driving your car and minding your business shouldn't warrant that kind of behavior. Everyone knows a police officer's job is to protect us but I didn't intend for my tax dollars....(ffx county - highest taxes in the area) to go towards my harrassment. If I was speeding and my car looks stolen run the ******* tags, dont treat me like I'm some criminal because I'm "too young" to own this car, I didn't shave today, I'm dressing down.....

Old 07-20-2005, 04:33 PM
I agree I was asked the same thing when i got my goddamn fcukin reckless b/c i drive a nice car and the cop was a total d1ck as i have a clean a$$ record. took my license and registration then asks 'is this your car'...**** you got my license...and my registration...is that MY NAME on the registration?? OBVIOUSLY...**** pigs......there are some real chill/nice one's out there...but for all the chill one's...theres some total power tripping d1ck faces too....it sux to be foreign...even though ur a US citizen, and b/c u drive a nice car get harrassed.....

in regards to a 'ride along', i liike mbq62 live in ffx co...prob. one of the richest counties if not DEF. top 25 in the US. only reason i mention that is b/c its one of the richest SOO there's no REAL crime ....the worst thing that happens around here is prob. a DUI and thats cause and alarm for 50 officers to surround the person guns drawn...truth is when there's not much going on you blow up the little things that DO take place when something finally does. Now when we go to DC, which has been the murder capital of the world for many years consecutively...cops there will let u go for almost anything short of a homocide, just b/c a DUI or a simple assault does not warrant their time....so if we went for a ride along worst thing we'd see is a couple 16 yr old street racers or a couple DUI stops.....hence why you'll never see ffx co or beverly hills or south beach police on cops

Last edited by pdjafari; 07-20-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man I gotta chime in here, I want to clarify that I do not in any way associate this cop with every other cop that is out there. I realize the risk they take going out on the road every day (even in NH). Like I said earlier I do appreciate that dedication to the safety of my community that provide. This was one dick with a chip on his shoulder that happened to take out his poor attitude on an innocent civilian who was not doing anything illegal. This thread served 2 purposes; One to allow me to vent my frustration. For those of you that have the privilege of having lighter shades of skin you will never know the knot that twists in your stomach when you realize you have been pigeon-holed because of the color of your skin. For those of you defending a cops rights to insult and accuse as they please you have lost vision of the true reason they are employed…to protect and serve, what personal liberties are you willing to give up because they say so? Is it right that before leaving my home I should be forced to wear a 3 piece suit just so I can be addressed properly?

Old 07-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Horrasment is not being questioned. Have you actually seen horassment. For gods sake your car looks like a million bucks - maybe people are perceiving you as too young for a beaut of a car - be flattered and not so defensive. If you didn't get a ticket, which the poster did not, then anything the guys says would be meaningless to me.

Next time try YES SIR and NO SIR - do what they ask and don't say anything else. Try saying - I have no excuse for my behavior sir and wont bore you with a cockamame story.

The last time I got pulled for wailing on my car and then being respectful when bluelighted I got to leave without even a warning. The officer said, "I can understand you want to open up this fine automobile on this rare open strech of through-fare. Enjoy your car and be safe."

If you complain about being horassed and getting a wreckless driving ticket, go to court. Something tells me that you were probably defensive and guaranteed yourself a ticket with ranting excuses or threats or complaining. If you were driving wrecklessly you deserve the ticket, otherwise it will wash out in court.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Unherd
I'm subscribed to several forums of different cars and whenever the subject of police officers come up there is a TON of bashing. I have found however that the majority of this great "G" forum is (probably not so much pro-cop) as it is understanding of the duties of police officers. This is the first forum I've been subscribed to that has been like this. It has been a real honor to read that the majority who replied to this thread "defended" a police officer's position. Not so much the officers Machine Head was stopped by but officers in general.

There will always be bashing of those in law enforcement. I could think of countless replies, retorts and questions to those who do bash us but it doesn't matter. There could have only been one reply out of all of these posts that was positive towards law enforcement and the rest hateful and it would make my job all worth it in my eyes - just from that ONE person. I realize that we have to put on a game face many times otherwise there would be a lot more injured or even dead officers. But it's really, really nice to see someone appreciate us despite the "job" we do. That's all it is is a job - it doesn't make us who we are. If you take away the color of authority from the few officers that are "jerks" you probably will have...*surprise* probably still "jerks". I gave up defending my job long ago and just let people rant because it doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks of me or my L.E. family. I just know my character allows me to go home without feeling ashamed in front of my family. I'm sure I speak for every man and women in law enforcement when I say [thank you] to those who do appreciate us. Most times it's you guys that keep our heads up - you know who you are in this thread. For those that don't appreciate us, just know that we will continue to risk our lives and livelyhood for you and risk leaving a beautiful family for you because we not only took an oath to do so but because your life and livelyhood matters to us - even if you do hate us.
Very well said.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Sedan
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by pdjafari
I agree I was asked the same thing when i got my goddamn fcukin reckless b/c i drive a nice car and the cop was a total d1ck as i have a clean a$$ record. took my license and registration then asks 'is this your car'...**** you got my license...and my registration...is that MY NAME on the registration?? OBVIOUSLY...**** pigs......there are some real chill/nice one's out there...but for all the chill one's...theres some total power tripping d1ck faces too....it sux to be foreign...even though ur a US citizen, and b/c u drive a nice car get harrassed.....
Not very well said.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These cops have been watching too much rap videos on MTV.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
These cops have been watching too much rap videos on MTV.
Yeah, cops love rap videos.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:54 PM
To answer the original question of whether this is the new drug dealers car, I think it might be ... especially the coupe .. haha

This thread has been on my mind, since I've been pulled over twice by Orange County's finest this week. Once because the cop couldn't see my temporary registration taped on the windshield in Laguna Beach (because it wasn't), and another cop on the toll road couldn't see my transponder when I went through the booth. Two pretty lame excuses to pull somebody over, but I guess those guys are just doing their job. I always wonder, don't you guys have real criminals and crimes more important that this?

I take it as a complement that the DG paint, revised grill and bumper and 18" wheels are doing their job and making my car stand out a bit

Unfortunately, a cop's job description typically means that they sort of treat you like you're guilty until you can prove you are innocent. A little courtesy, direct answers, and a few Yes Sirs go a long way towards showing you understand they're just doing their job and you have nothing to hide. Even when things go smoothly, I still hate getting pulled over, and can't help but feel I've been singled out for some unacceptable reason.

Nobody denies that profiling is offensive, and hopefully this venting session has helped you express some frustration.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I have been pulled over by the cops twice. In both cases, I wasn't doing anything wrong. In my situation, it might be a case of car profiling rather than racial profiling.