G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

should i take a G35 over a TL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
My friend owns a 04 TL. He is selling it for a Lexus. He has had many issues with it and the same ones that people complain about on the forums.

More comfortable seats? The leather on the TL is crap compared to the nicer leather on the G35. Nav is a waste of money IMHO. I didn't get it because of that. Who needs it! I have a map if i don't know where things are.

FYI, Loaner G35s are base models. And usually abused.

FACT: The TL only has 1 feature over the G35. Bluetooth. The G35 has more features than that over the TL. FACT.
Apparently the '04's had the major interior issues, but I guess that happens with a first model year. (Although I find it unexcuseable)

All I know is I dont have any problems yet, mine's an '05. Truthfully if the problems arise in my '05 the car will be gone and that will be it for Acura because it shouldnt happen.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
What is your problem? You come on a G35 forum and badmouth the car, you sir are the one who needs to move on! Talk about meaningless banter!
Learn how to read dip****.

As I said before, The g35 is better performing car on nearly every performance level, it just doesnt have a nicer interior. That doesnt consitute BASHING you clown.

Stop CRYING.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Steel

As I said before, The g35 is better performing car on nearly every performance level, it just doesnt have a nicer interior. That doesnt consitute BASHING you clown.

Stop CRYING.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35

That had to be one of the most illogical BS smiley usages ever. Good job clown.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And I might as well add: You ask why opinion should matter when I discredit the '05 owner's opinion's. The reason is simple, I dont think it's subjective that the interior of the TL is nicer, I think that anyone that owns a g35 who argues otherwise is doing it for the sake of argument or for the sake of being a putz.

You wont see me arguing that the TL is a faster car from 0-100, because it's not, regardless of what I think.[/QUOTE]

FYI. From the webster dictionary. subjective: 4 a (1) : peculiar to a particular individual : PERSONAL <subjective judgments> (2) : modified or affected by personal views, experience, or background <a subjective account of the incident> b : arising from conditions within the brain or sense organs and not directly caused by external stimuli <subjective sensations> c : arising out of or identified by means of one's perception of one's own states and processes <a subjective symptom of disease> -- compare OBJECTIVE 1c

We get it, YOU prefer the interior of the TL. That is a subjective opinion. Testing the cars' 0-60 times is an objective test. Therefore, if you don't think its subjective that you think the interior of the TL is nicer, then you don't know how to use the word subjective!

I am a minimalist when it comes to interior designs. I prefer the simple and clean design of the G35's 05 interior. You like voice command, good for you. I don't think it would work well for me cause I always have the stereo blasting, doubt the system is going to be able to hear me.

Given a choice between voice command and the intelligent key, I chose the intelligent key. You don't have to think its more important, but I do. Therefore, my OPINION is that I prefer the interior of the G. You don't have to agree with it, but it is none the less, a valid opinion.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by dfw1972
And I might as well add: You ask why opinion should matter when I discredit the '05 owner's opinion's. The reason is simple, I dont think it's subjective that the interior of the TL is nicer, I think that anyone that owns a g35 who argues otherwise is doing it for the sake of argument or for the sake of being a putz.

You wont see me arguing that the TL is a faster car from 0-100, because it's not, regardless of what I think.

FYI. From the webster dictionary. subjective: 4 a (1) : peculiar to a particular individual : PERSONAL <subjective judgments> (2) : modified or affected by personal views, experience, or background <a subjective account of the incident> b : arising from conditions within the brain or sense organs and not directly caused by external stimuli <subjective sensations> c : arising out of or identified by means of one's perception of one's own states and processes <a subjective symptom of disease> -- compare OBJECTIVE 1c

We get it, YOU prefer the interior of the TL. That is a subjective opinion. Testing the cars' 0-60 times is an objective test. Therefore, if you don't think its subjective that you think the interior of the TL is nicer, then you don't know how to use the word subjective!

I am a minimalist when it comes to interior designs. I prefer the simple and clean design of the G35's 05 interior. You like voice command, good for you. I don't think it would work well for me cause I always have the stereo blasting, doubt the system is going to be able to hear me.

Given a choice between voice command and the intelligent key, I chose the intelligent key. You don't have to think its more important, but I do. Therefore, my OPINION is that I prefer the interior of the G. You don't have to agree with it, but it is none the less, a valid opinion.

I greatly appreciate you bringing a dictionary into this equation but since you did that makes it clear that you didnt gather the jist of my post.

I dont believe the interior comparison should be subjective because it's cut and dry, there isnt a comparison. I used the speed comparison because there are people out there that argue otherwise. (Although the 14.2@99 6 speed times are pretty in line with your g35 C times)

I think you should go finish that community college degree before you critique my usage of a word. I had every intention of using it as I did.

I repeat again, the interior comparison shouldnt be subjective because it's not a question, unless you own a g35.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Steel]I greatly appreciate you bringing a dictionary into this equation but since you did that makes it clear that you didnt gather the jist of my post.

I dont believe the interior comparison should be subjective because it's cut and dry, there isnt a comparison. I used the speed comparison because there are people out there that argue otherwise. (Although the 14.2@99 6 speed times are pretty in line with your g35 C times)

I think you should go finish that community college degree before you critique my usage of a word. I had every intention of using it as I did.

I repeat again, the interior comparison shouldnt be subjective because it's not a question, unless you own a g35.[/QUOTE]

I would keep your logic to yourself. I don't think even community colleges are going to let you in if you try that argument with them.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Premier Member

Seems to me your the one crying kid. How can you say the TL interior is better when its the one falling apart not the G35. lol

Go back and drive your glorified accord....

Stop CRYING.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:30 PM
car forums are hilarious

Old 07-19-2005, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=dfw1972]
I greatly appreciate you bringing a dictionary into this equation but since you did that makes it clear that you didnt gather the jist of my post.

I repeat again, the interior comparison shouldnt be subjective because it's not a question, unless you own a g35.[/QUOTE]

I would keep your logic to yourself. I don't think even community colleges are going to let you in if you try that argument with them.

I guess it's good that I already have an undergrad degree huh? I must be a total putz.

I guess the one thing I'm greatful about having not bought the g35 is that I wouldnt have be stuck with you ****ing putzes. It sure seems IQ isnt connected with G35 ownership.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Seems to me your the one crying kid. How can you say the TL interior is better when its the one falling apart not the G35. lol

Go back and drive your glorified accord....
Oh my gosh, you totally insulted me. I mean it's not like you drive a rebadged Nissan, wow.

The lack of logic is ridiculous here, I'm the one crying? I dont see me complaining about the car I purchased.

Hey, how's that car payment?

Old 07-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
My opinion FWD suck. However if you want to talk about a better ride consider
the RL. All wheel drive and over 340 ponys with all the bells and whistles. Just kick
back and enjoy your very cool ride!

Old 07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
My opinion FWD suck. However if you want to talk about a better ride consider
the RL. All wheel drive and over 340 ponys with all the bells and whistles. Just kick
back and enjoy your very cool ride!
FWD does suck, but RWD is worse in the winter, regardless of tires.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Steel]
Originally Posted by dfw1972

I guess it's good that I already have an undergrad degree huh? I must be a total putz.

I guess the one thing I'm greatful about having not bought the g35 is that I wouldnt have be stuck with you ****ing putzes. It sure seems IQ isnt connected with G35 ownership.
It is "good" (for you anyway) that you already have your undergrad degree. Cause apparently you still don't know what the heck subjective means. Kinda does make you a putz if you're gonna talk stupid.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I have owned a few acuras and belong to both boards and can say without a doubt, that the people here (for the most part) are more intelligent than on the acura board. I cannot get over how that board has gotten more into bitching and moaning about one thing or another. It can be about getting the first ding, windshield chipping, or a better sex life because of their car.

I hear more stupid talk about things there than I have ever heard here. It's a dam car and how you want to spend your money. Spend it... Acura TLs are cheap... and made with sub par parts... they have had a hell of a lot of 5AT tranny issues, rattles, squeaks, driveline vibrations, butt prints, bad brakes, bad tires (or what they blamed on the tires) and the list goes on and on.

I hear more issues with 01 - 05 TLs and CLs than with the Gs since they came on a few years back.

Which is the better car... it is hands down for me...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should i take a G35 over a TL