G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

should i take a G35 over a TL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both cars are great. I almost purchased the TL instead of my coupe. It will come down to personal preference on looks, performance, build quality, etc. But coming onto a G35 forum and asking, this will get mostly biased opinions. Either car, I don't think anyone really has any regrets.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Steel
I guess it's good that I already have an undergrad degree huh? I must be a total putz.

I guess the one thing I'm greatful about having not bought the g35 is that I wouldnt have be stuck with you ****ing putzes. It sure seems IQ isnt connected with G35 ownership.
I have to say something about this. I know a lot of people that have undergrad degrees that aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Just because you have a degree doesn't mean crap, what matters is the subject you studied. I am not going to go into a pissing match and say my degree is better than your degree, but I think you should know this.

To let you know, IQ isn't connected to owning any car. Look at all the sports stars that drive Bentley's, Mercedes, etc.

I still don't understand how the looks of something can be subjective. Can I say the look of the G35 is cut and dry better looking than the TL? Or the Viper is cut and dry a better looking car than the Vette? I don't get it. With all of your intelligence and IQ, could you please explain that to me.

FYI, I don't have any car payments but thanks for asking.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Ok Steel, you're smarter than everyone here, better informed, your opinions are flawless and beyond questioning, you get the best car deals, use the best logic, and have perfect grammar, spelling and punctuation. Your TL is the best car on the planet and I'm calling Jim Jones to arrange a mass suicide for all the imbeciles here who mistakenly chose the G over a torque steering Honda that handles like a shopping cart.

Don't you have somewhere else to be? A TL forum maybe? Or a 'vette forum? The OP asked for an opinion, you gave one, and now you obviously have nothing but negative energy left to offer. Could you move on or give it a rest?

If you want to talk cars, okay. Please step down off your pedestal and stop believing that your opinion is the only one that matters. That may work where you come from, but it holds no water here. While you may not give credibility to any argument but your own, there are people here that can actually relate to a perspective other than their own even when they may not agree with it.

People who measure their credibility by their degree make me laugh.

As for me paying MSRP, it'll never happen. In this case it was a good place to start when making the comparison. The TL A-Spec is ~$40K MSRP, as is the M35. What a person pays out the door will vary from day to day and state to state. It makes more sense to compare the $40K TL to the $40K M35 rather than the $33K G. Add NAV to both and add 2K to both - it's relative. Price-wise, the A-Spec is closer to the M, not the G.

Yes, the Infiniti is a Nissan. No-brainer. One difference between the Infiniti and the Acura that hasn't been mentioned, in MY opinion, is that Nissan took the time to give the Infiniti a personality of it's own - right down to the tuned exhaust. Same motor in the Altima & Maxima (and others of course), but you'd never know it. They sound like normal grocery-getters. Just like the TL. No other Nissan looks like a G (or an M, or a Q, or an FX). The TL looks just like all it's other siblings - inside and out. You can get the same trim level in a loaded V6 Accord. Some people don't mind that - for me it wasn't enough. The car blended into the scenery.

Have a nice day.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:56 PM
FWD does suck, but RWD is worse in the winter, regardless of tires.
Absolutely untrue. W/FWD, if you start to skid, you're doomed to continue in that direction; you have no means to recover. W/RWD, one can use the throttle to counteract the skid. I know. I have. I possess limited driving skills. Additionally, a RWD car has superior weight distribution and better balance; exactly why BMW strives to maintain a 50/50 ratio.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:27 PM
In some 70's rwd boat, sure rwd is probably not optimal. But with stuff like TCS, VDC, and conscientious driving, you'll be fine. I don't think the rwd/snow arguement holds too much water with today's tech.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by rage777
I have to say something about this. I know a lot of people that have undergrad degrees that aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Just because you have a degree doesn't mean crap, what matters is the subject you studied. I am not going to go into a pissing match and say my degree is better than your degree, but I think you should know this.

To let you know, IQ isn't connected to owning any car. Look at all the sports stars that drive Bentley's, Mercedes, etc.

I still don't understand how the looks of something can be subjective. Can I say the look of the G35 is cut and dry better looking than the TL? Or the Viper is cut and dry a better looking car than the Vette? I don't get it. With all of your intelligence and IQ, could you please explain that to me.

FYI, I don't have any car payments but thanks for asking.
Nice, neither of us have car payments!

And my undergrad comment was a JOKE, learn sarcasm.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by 53G35
Absolutely untrue. W/FWD, if you start to skid, you're doomed to continue in that direction; you have no means to recover. W/RWD, one can use the throttle to counteract the skid. I know. I have. I possess limited driving skills. Additionally, a RWD car has superior weight distribution and better balance; exactly why BMW strives to maintain a 50/50 ratio.
I dont care if you can handle a spin out or skid better in a RWD. The point is for REGULAR winter driving FWD is better, however everywhere else it lags behind.

You guys are ****ing clowns, stop with your RWD is the best EVA and the G35 is the BEST EVA.

****ing ridiculous.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Ok Steel, you're smarter than everyone here, better informed, your opinions are flawless and beyond questioning, you get the best car deals, use the best logic, and have perfect grammar, spelling and punctuation. Your TL is the best car on the planet and I'm calling Jim Jones to arrange a mass suicide for all the imbeciles here who mistakenly chose the G over a torque steering Honda that handles like a shopping cart.

Don't you have somewhere else to be? A TL forum maybe? Or a 'vette forum? The OP asked for an opinion, you gave one, and now you obviously have nothing but negative energy left to offer. Could you move on or give it a rest?

If you want to talk cars, okay. Please step down off your pedestal and stop believing that your opinion is the only one that matters. That may work where you come from, but it holds no water here. While you may not give credibility to any argument but your own, there are people here that can actually relate to a perspective other than their own even when they may not agree with it.

People who measure their credibility by their degree make me laugh.

As for me paying MSRP, it'll never happen. In this case it was a good place to start when making the comparison. The TL A-Spec is ~$40K MSRP, as is the M35. What a person pays out the door will vary from day to day and state to state. It makes more sense to compare the $40K TL to the $40K M35 rather than the $33K G. Add NAV to both and add 2K to both - it's relative. Price-wise, the A-Spec is closer to the M, not the G.

Yes, the Infiniti is a Nissan. No-brainer. One difference between the Infiniti and the Acura that hasn't been mentioned, in MY opinion, is that Nissan took the time to give the Infiniti a personality of it's own - right down to the tuned exhaust. Same motor in the Altima & Maxima (and others of course), but you'd never know it. They sound like normal grocery-getters. Just like the TL. No other Nissan looks like a G (or an M, or a Q, or an FX). The TL looks just like all it's other siblings - inside and out. You can get the same trim level in a loaded V6 Accord. Some people don't mind that - for me it wasn't enough. The car blended into the scenery.

Have a nice day.

And thanks for your worthless opinion.

By the way, a base TL with A-Spec is not NEAR 40k, try 35k, so get your numbers right before you write me an essay.

Clown.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All of these TL VS G35 threads turn out the same.

Members here respect the TL and say it’s a good car. They point out the Luxury-sport aspects of the TL the Sport-Luxury aspects of the G35

Some TL owner or TL owner wannabe gets all butt hurt because he realizes the TL doesn't stack up near the performance of the G35. So he goes after everyone on the board raging a one man war.

Members here will point out how FWD sucks for a performance car. The TL diehards use the Snow argument to justify the FWD even though they know it makes for a $hitty driving car. Rather than accept the facts, they deflect the argument about how much better the interior while conveniently forgetting the serious quality issues with it.

Then it denigrates down to a personal war against two people who can’t see eye to eye and there you have it.

I got into a discussion with a New York Cabbie about FWD Vs RWD. I asked him what he thought was better in the snow. He said he preferred FWD and that when the light turns green the only people left are the ones with RWD cars. I asked him why most in the cabs in NY were RWD Crown vics and he said it was because nobody can make FWD last worth a $hit.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I dont care if you can handle a spin out or skid better in a RWD. The point is for REGULAR winter driving FWD is better, however everywhere else it lags behind.

You guys are ****ing clowns, stop with your RWD is the best EVA and the G35 is the BEST EVA.

****ing ridiculous.
You know I think your opinions about the TL are valid since you own an '05. But no one is going to take you seriously when you become hostile and start name calling people on this forum. You are on a G35 forum so people here are going to defend their cars with gusto. Running around calling people putz’ and clowns and trying to belittle the members here will get you nowhere, fast. Continue with your defense of the TL, but leave the name calling out of it.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Man, shut your fuc*in mouth up and go back to your own forum Steel. I know you came here to talk shi* but everyone in here pretty much thinks G is a better car. If you think your car is better, talk about it in your forum instead of trying to brainwash us. Why did you become a member anyway? I know you think G is a good car by simply seeing you in this forum. So take your American car back to your forum and start whining there. We'll rape your Acura Taurus anyday man.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 07-19-2005, 06:46 PM
And thanks for your worthless opinion.

By the way, a base TL with A-Spec is not NEAR 40k, try 35k, so get your numbers right before you write me an essay.

Clown.
at MSRP non nav. the ASPEC kit with suspension and body kit is right at $39,000

just talked to the dealer.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Armani350GT
Man, shut your fuc*in mouth up and go back to your own forum Steel. I know you came here to talk shi* but everyone in here pretty much thinks G is a better car. If you think your car is better, talk about it in your forum instead of trying to brainwash us. Why did you become a member anyway? I know you think G is a good car by simply seeing you in this forum. So take your American car back to your forum and start whining there. We'll rape your Acura Taurus anyday man.
Great! Just when he was the only one acting juvenile in this thread...

Old 07-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
What is a Troll? Top

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet, and drives an acura TL. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words.

When you suspect that somebody is a troll, you might try responding with a polite, mild message to see if it's just somebody in a bad mood. Internet users sometimes let their passions get away from them when seated safely behind their keyboard. If you ignore their bluster and respond in a pleasant manner, they usually calm down.

However, if the person persists in being beastly, and seems to enjoy being unpleasant, the only effective position is summed up as follows:

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing that trolls can't handle is being ignored.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should i take a G35 over a TL