G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Loaner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey MB498, my car is in the shop for the same exact symptoms right now. They told me it was a bad throttle position sensor. Part is on order, but I'm without my baby for a full week. My dealership gave me a loaner no problem. I tried to score an M, but got a G auto. They told me when I bought the car that they would provide a loaner IF an appointment was made or it was warranty work, and IF they had one available at the time.

Last edited by GFIRERaleigh; 08-04-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Infiniti is so cheap about giving up their loaners. Once we got a brand new Explorer with only 13miles on it from Enterprise and that was pretty good. I'm OK as long as I have a loaner but would appriciate it if it's an Infiniti vehicle. For a warranty issue, they should definitely have it. I think for a regular service like oil change and stuff like that, they shouldn't give it out. Warranty issue is far more superior and emergency than an oild change.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Sorry for the newbie question, but do they make you pay for the loaners??

I've had mine in for a couple oil changes and they asked me the same questions..if i wanted a loaner or if I was going to wait. I obvioulsy didnt ask them if I had to pay anything for a loaner because I was just going to wait.

I was just wondering in case sometime I would need one.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:57 PM
My dealer will not only provide a loaner, they will deliver it to my house or work and then return my car when it's done. No trip to the dealer

Old 10-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by DP03
My dealer will not only provide a loaner, they will deliver it to my house or work and then return my car when it's done. No trip to the dealer
That what the salesmen told me too.... they even said they can come to my work and pick up my car....service it and return it back to me!!!! (Crest Infiniti, TX)

Old 10-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Out of many - one people
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to call Infiniti consumer affairs and complain and they will definately make sure you get a loaner. I have gotten loaners for oil changes. As long as you specify it in your appointment or you are getting warranty work you should get a loaner.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:57 PM
I dropped my car off this morning for first service (1.75 hours work) and they didn't hesitate to give me a loaner. I told them that I wasn't going to be able to pick up the car until tomorrow - no problem! When you are on hold for service at my dealer they say that "when you use Inifiti Genuine ServiceTM you recieve a complimentary loaner" You should absultly esclate your complaint to Infiniti North America

On the other hand, when I had my GS300 the Lexus dealer would only give me a loaner if my service was over $600 (unforutnatly I had to get loaners twice from them) The loaner car from Infiniti is much better than having to sit in the Lexus "spa" for 3 hours with old ladies, single serving cofee and cheap tastycakes.

Old 10-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Without having read every word in all of the prior posts in this thread I will offer my 2 cents and suggest that many dealerships offer loaners but discourage it when they can...so you may have to press for one.

I recently brought my car to Millenium Infiniti on LI to have them fix a creak in the rear seats, do a NYS inspection (long over due), and take a look at the brakes. When I called to schedule the appointment I was asked when I would like to drop the car off, my response was, 'Monday is fine, so long as a loaner will be made available to me?', the answer 'sure, so long as you are at least 21 years old.' No problem! But, when I dropped off the car the service manager asked if was going to wait around for it to be finished. I said that I was told a loaner would be available but he shot back 'well, you didn't request one.' Well, yes I did, the receptionist even confirmed that I was over 21. Within 3 minutes I was handed the keys to an 05x and I was on my way. Moral of the story, when I bring it in to have the brakes done next month I will recount this long boring story so they remember that I need a loaner when I drop off my car.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by DP03
Neato. I had my car in for service (a long, long list of things I won't go in to) a few weeks ago on a Wednesday. I also had scheduled an appointment to have my wisdom teeth pulled that Friday. They offered to have an attendant drive out to my place and swap my car for the loaner car, but that morning they didn't want to tie up someone's time for the 25 minute drive each way.

Neat that your place does that. Mine gives me a crummy 04 G35 that gets worse and worse each time I drive it... last time it had this puke-ish smell in the cabin; this time it had "febreeze" in the cabin, and all sorts of stuff like warped rotors, imbalanced tires, and a torn up cabin (there were footprints on the door panels! I dun want to know how they got there!

Old 10-13-2005, 09:59 PM
jcd
The dealership I work with is incredibly generous with loaner cars. I live 60 miles away from them, so I drive the car over in the morning, pick up a loaner, drive to work and return that evening. I have yet to be told I couldn't have a loaner.

When we're in for an oil change, I just wait. But any other service, I'm almost pushed into a loaner.

BTW, the dealership is Garcia Infiniti in Albuquerque, NM. I can't say enough good about them!

Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jcd
The dealership I work with is incredibly generous with loaner cars. I live 60 miles away from them, so I drive the car over in the morning, pick up a loaner, drive to work and return that evening. I have yet to be told I couldn't have a loaner.

When we're in for an oil change, I just wait. But any other service, I'm almost pushed into a loaner.

BTW, the dealership is Garcia Infiniti in Albuquerque, NM. I can't say enough good about them!
Yes, Garcia is very generous with their loaners, and I agree, can't say enough good about them! You live in Santa Fe?

Old 10-15-2005, 01:01 AM
jcd
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Yes, Garcia is very generous with their loaners, and I agree, can't say enough good about them! You live in Santa Fe?
Yeah, I'm in Santa Fe. Pleased to meet a fellow New Mexican!

Old 10-16-2005, 07:52 PM
My dealer has provided a loaner for any service, including oil changes, if they are scheduled. They do not charge or have a fuel fee (at least when last used a few months ago) and they provide G35x cars. This is Douglas in Summit, NJ.

Old 10-27-2005, 02:23 PM
do you have to be 21 to get a loaner or just own the car?

Old 10-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by fabulustt7
do you have to be 21 to get a loaner or just own the car?
Sorry, I have no idea as I am well over 21! (I actually didn't own a car until I was about 24 and I am also well, well, past that, as it was a new Fiat 124 Spyder ).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner?