G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Loaner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loaner?

Here's the short of it, my G would not run on Friday morning, the VDC, SLIP, and Service Engine Light soon were all on and the accelorator would not work. The engine sounded fine, but obviously it was not drivable. I called the local dealership and they told me to bring it in on Monday. When I had the car towed there today they said they had no loaner car for me, they were all reserved. I would have thought that having my car towed in and after my call they would have reserved one for me. Now they say it is a bad throttle body and the part is on back order and they have no idea how long this part will be on back order. They do not have a Loaner available until next week.
Now they are saying that they will not re-imburse for a rental and that it is "Infinit's Loaner" program and they don't have any control. Basically now, I am without a car because they don't have enough Loaners! does this sound right to anyone?

Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mb498
Here's the short of it, my G would not run on Friday morning, the VDC, SLIP, and Service Engine Light soon were all on and the accelorator would not work. The engine sounded fine, but obviously it was not drivable. I called the local dealership and they told me to bring it in on Monday. When I had the car towed there today they said they had no loaner car for me, they were all reserved. I would have thought that having my car towed in and after my call they would have reserved one for me. Now they say it is a bad throttle body and the part is on back order and they have no idea how long this part will be on back order. They do not have a Loaner available until next week.
Now they are saying that they will not re-imburse for a rental and that it is "Infinit's Loaner" program and they don't have any control. Basically now, I am without a car because they don't have enough Loaners! does this sound right to anyone?
It happened to me last time when I bought my car in for a service bulletin call. The guy walks out, peeps at the lot and comes back and said, I don't think we have any loaner cars left. I said "What do you mean no loaner cars, I said I even recall talking to you and you specifically said you'll write it down on the system when I made the appt a couple weeks ago.

Then guess what? He walks out again and peeps over and yells over one of the lot attendants then comes back to me...ok we got a car for you.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks

Thanks for the input, we've tried making a lot of noise but it seems to no avail, they could have the car in upwards of two weeks now. I guess I'm up a creek on this one.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:08 PM
I've been finding that the dealership evidently has a lot of leeway over this. For example, Santa Monica Infiniti throws up roadblocks all the time. It used to be in order to get a loaner, you had to schedule your appointment 1 week in advance. In one instance, my I35 was making a bad noise, and I had to take it in the next day. They managed to get a loaner for me (but it wasn't guaranteed because of the short notice).

Now their policy is you only get a loaner if it takes more than 4 billable hours or the car is undriveable. I said that wasn't the deal when I bought my car. He claims Infiniti North America changed the policy (not sure I buy that). Unfortunately, I had to wait for an hour for their tech to determine it was going to take 4 hours.

In the end, SM Infiniti throws up road blocks but does the right thing in the end if you're polite. Other dealerships, however, are much more accomodating. Santa Monica is kind of notorious for bad service in this area, but since Beverly Hills Infiniti closed shop, I have no choice unless I want to inconvenience myself more by driving to a dealership farther away.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by davidology
I've been finding that the dealership evidently has a lot of leeway over this. For example, Santa Monica Infiniti throws up roadblocks all the time. It used to be in order to get a loaner, you had to schedule your appointment 1 week in advance. In one instance, my I35 was making a bad noise, and I had to take it in the next day. They managed to get a loaner for me (but it wasn't guaranteed because of the short notice).

Now their policy is you only get a loaner if it takes more than 4 billable hours or the car is undriveable. I said that wasn't the deal when I bought my car. He claims Infiniti North America changed the policy (not sure I buy that). Unfortunately, I had to wait for an hour for their tech to determine it was going to take 4 hours.

In the end, SM Infiniti throws up road blocks but does the right thing in the end if you're polite. Other dealerships, however, are much more accomodating. Santa Monica is kind of notorious for bad service in this area, but since Beverly Hills Infiniti closed shop, I have no choice unless I want to inconvenience myself more by driving to a dealership farther away.
My dealer gave me a loaner on my last visit with my '04, and I was just in for an oil change and to have a noise in the front checked out, they have never told me there was a minimum time in to get a loaner, they always asked if I needed one or wanted to wait if it was just a short time service. The loaners are only for service, when I took my '05 back to get tinted etc, they lent me an '04 off the lot for the day.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Rental as loaner?

I had to bring my 1 week old G35X in today because 2 of the doors won't open from the inside - wow good quality control! I asked them for a loaner and they said it would be all ready for me. When I came by they called someone to bring the loaner and it was Enterprise rentals. They pick me up take me to their place fill out the papers and give me an Altima to drive. When I return it I have to take it back to the rental place and they will drive me to the dealer. Is this how the loaner program should work? What a pain! This doesn't feel like proper treatment.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by ahah
I had to bring my 1 week old G35X in today because 2 of the doors won't open from the inside - wow good quality control! I asked them for a loaner and they said it would be all ready for me. When I came by they called someone to bring the loaner and it was Enterprise rentals. They pick me up take me to their place fill out the papers and give me an Altima to drive. When I return it I have to take it back to the rental place and they will drive me to the dealer. Is this how the loaner program should work? What a pain! This doesn't feel like proper treatment.
If they were out of loaners, I can see them getting you a rental.

Now, about those doors. They aren't the rear doors, are they?

Old 08-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Wow, seems like a bad experience on your part. The dealer I have been to (same as ABQ_G35???) has so far been extremely accomodating. When I came in to get the windows tinted, they forgot to reserve a loaner for me, so they gave me a G35 from there used car lot.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot depends on the dealership and how much volume hey move. If their big, they are going to have quite a few loaners on hand. One tip is to make your appointment in advance and make it the earliest one possible. that way they have a lot of loaners at that time before the rush of late risers come in and take all their cars.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Banned
i bet its your electronics fuse, check the fuses the same thing happend to me, and you couldnt put the car into drive, the fuse box is under the steering column, maybe it will work, good luck.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I don't think my dealer has ANY loaners. I booked the service in advance specifically to get a loaner and they called it a loaner but gave me a rental. It's not a huge dealership but their lot is jammed with cars, can barely drive in it.

Anyway, it's all fixed now. Not fuses, some rods or something not adjusted correctly. It was both passenger side doors.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Banned
i was telling MB498 that it could be the fuses

Old 08-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ahah
Are these the rear doors? If it is, there is a child proof switch on edge of the door. If you open it from the outside you'll see. It might of been switched on by accident.

Never mind I just read your other post that said it was already fixed.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Thats bull**** -- the 4yr 60000 warranty specifically says that for any warranty repiar the dealer will provide a loaner car and if they dont have it ask them to give u a mid size rental -- period.

Take it up strongly and they are bound to do that -- trust me

Old 08-04-2005, 02:07 PM
I just saw that your from Sacramento. Isn't this the same dealership another list member had problems with in this thread?

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/61450-extremely-upsetting-customer-experience-sacramento-infiniti.html

Last edited by shodog; 08-04-2005 at 02:09 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner?