G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Grounding Kit and ECU reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grounding Kit and ECU reset

I just installed a Grounding Kit and then followed it with an ECU reset yesterday. I took the car out and drove the sh** out if it and really think the car felt much smoother and quicker. I will see what else I notice or don't notice over the next few days, but I think it was a good inexpensive mod.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:33 AM
How did you reset your ECU? I was told you unplug the negative cable and hit the brake 5 times. How long do you leave the negative cable unplugged? I was thinking of unplugging the negative cable while installing the grounding kit and just plug it back in when I'm all done. Do you have to take any plastic pieces off the bottom of the car to get to the grounding point for the tranny?

Old 08-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by DTrejo
How did you reset your ECU? I was told you unplug the negative cable and hit the brake 5 times. How long do you leave the negative cable unplugged? I was thinking of unplugging the negative cable while installing the grounding kit and just plug it back in when I'm all done. Do you have to take any plastic pieces off the bottom of the car to get to the grounding point for the tranny?
it's like pulling the plug on your computer. Just disconnect the battery and reconnect it a few minutes later. The brake pedal thing is a wives tail.....it's suppose to "drain" any power left in the system by turning on your brake lights.

sean

Old 08-18-2005, 12:00 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check this thread

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ight=ecu+reset

The instructions are simple but you have to work on your timing. When you count, use the "one-onethousand, two-onethousand, three-onethousand" method and you should nail it your first time or second time trying.

1. Turn key so that the car is on the on position (but don't start the motor)
2. Immediately after you turn it to the on position, count to three using the timing method I mentioned above.
3. After you count to three, floor the gas pedal five times within five seconds. So as you step down and hold on the gas as you count "one-onethousand" then let go and step down again and hold it as you count "two-onethousand" and so forth until you do it five times in five seconds.
4. After the fifth time stepping on the gas, let go and count to seven seconds.
5. After seven seconds step and hold the gas for ten seconds.
6 . After ten seconds let go of the gas and step on it again and hold it down for about 13-14 seconds in which you should see a light flash on the dash. The light will keep flashing until you turn off the car and turn it back on.

Thats the instructions I got from the thread so go there if you have more questions bc it has been beaten to death.

Last edited by RXM; 08-18-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whats a grounding kit??? for sounds?? or what

Old 08-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
designed to stabilize the electrical system which would include the ignition system. By design they are supposed to increase HP by bosting fire on the coils. Not certain yet if the G35 has CoPs or an Electronic distributor, I am on a learning curve right now.

Old 08-19-2005, 12:46 AM
Dealer threatened warrantee cancel with ECU reset

Originally Posted by RXM
Check this thread

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ight=ecu+reset

The instructions are simple but you have to work on your timing. When you count, use the "one-onethousand, two-onethousand, three-onethousand" method and you should nail it your first time or second time trying.

1. Turn key so that the car is on the on position (but don't start the motor)
2. Immediately after you turn it to the on position, count to three using the timing method I mentioned above.
3. After you count to three, floor the gas pedal five times within five seconds. So as you step down and hold on the gas as you count "one-onethousand" then let go and step down again and hold it as you count "two-onethousand" and so forth until you do it five times in five seconds.
4. After the fifth time stepping on the gas, let go and count to seven seconds.
5. After seven seconds step and hold the gas for ten seconds.
6 . After ten seconds let go of the gas and step on it again and hold it down for about 13-14 seconds in which you should see a light flash on the dash. The light will keep flashing until you turn off the car and turn it back on.

Thats the instructions I got from the thread so go there if you have more questions bc it has been beaten to death.
I cannot believe this but manager said they can trace any ECU manipulations/mods through a chip in the ECU and can trigger an engine light. However I think this is BS because Ihave done it in my Maxima numerous times. I think is helpful.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:31 AM
The grounding wires are not about, nor do they make much more hp. Perhaps a tad..but the benefits are smoother shifting for AT's and smoother idle, easier start and smoother revs. The reasons why it works are complicated and the thread in the FAQ with the word hyperground has a massive wealth of information. It's cheap easy and makes an immediately noticable difference.