G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Why I love my G more than my old BMW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Downtown

Maybe you wouldn't buy one, but those on here who know what a BMW is, would definitely consider it. Especially if it was the same price as a G.

I know what a BMW is and I WOULD NEVER EVER BUY ONE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Even if it says M on it, I would still take an AMG mercedes over a BMW anyday and anytime.

If I drove a BMW the way I drove my Infiniti, no way would the car last over 50,000 miles. A BMW is cool if you are one of those people that likes a car for the name, but for me, I drive my cars very hard and thats why getting a reliable car counts. I have test driven a few BMW's and they handle good and acclerate good, but ultimate driving machine is the last thing that would come to my mind driving one.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hyde
u mean the M performance package?
No I am talking about the performance package for the BMW 330i SEDAN. It is similar to the M3 Performance Package only not as good and it costs about the same. I think it added 15 HP,18” wheels, a new front air dam, a rear lip spoiler, and alcantara seats with a short throw shifter. Some nice options but not worth a few grand!

Old 08-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
ZHP = "Zer HooT Purfurmance"

Actually it is just a Performance package that added about 15 HP(Whoopdy doo) and some other performance mods for only $3500. I like to refer to it by its other ackronym. The "PP" package.
It's more than a HP increase: Different bumpers, side sills, and deck spoiler. Thick M-style steering wheel, all seats, and shifter boot are swaddled in Alcantara. BMW's M division developed suspension, riding 0.6 inch lower on 18-inch Michelin Pilot Sport tires. A new six-speed manual transmission features a shortened M-spec shifter and is combined with a more aggressive axle ratio (3.07) --plus a true "overdrive" sixth gear.

I am strongly considering a '04 or '05 BMW 330i w/ZHP. It's a four door M3 with less power, but still quick enough. It's the BMW or an '06 G35 6MT Sedan.

Old 08-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by 4DOORFUN

I am strongly considering a '04 or '05 BMW 330i w/ZHP. It's a four door M3 with less power, but still quick enough. It's the BMW or an '06 G35 6MT Sedan.
Actually it is a 4 door M3 without ALL of the power. Not just less POWER!
235 HP vs 333 HP in the M3? That is a huge, HUGE difference. Probably a full second 0-60 MPH. If they had a true M3 4 door for anywhere near $45,000 then that would be one BMW that I would consider.

Old 08-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
Actually it is a 4 door M3 without ALL of the power. Not just less POWER!
235 HP vs 333 HP in the M3? That is a huge, HUGE difference. Probably a full second 0-60 MPH. If they had a true M3 4 door for anywhere near $45,000 then that would be one BMW that I would consider.
Whatever, it's all relative. 0-60 mph in 5.8 seconds is quick enough for me to haul around my family and I'll have fun around the corners too. I don't plan on taking it to the track to run the 1/4 mile. That's what my Mustang GT is for. See sig.

Old 08-02-2005, 06:34 PM
ZHP is the manufacturers package option name for the Performance Package.
It is one step above the traditional Sports Package (with material mechanical mods).

330i's with ZHP option were initially produced in limited numbers only. ZHP adds the following, which when combined, contribute to a very different driving experience than standard or sport 330i:

235HP/222lb/ft Torque I6
Aggressive Camshaft for top speed of 155mph
18" M Wheels (225/40 front and 255/35 rear)
6-Spd Short-throw Shifter
Sports calibrated Suspension
Increased Redline
Throatier Engine and Exhaust
Distinctive Aerodynamics
Distinctive Interior

Pic for how to recognize one on the street.

Attached Thumbnails Why I love my G more than my old BMW!-03-330i-zhp.jpg  
Old 08-02-2005, 07:02 PM
I'd say the only thing better on the G is the backseats. MAybe the trunk space. But if you had to evaluate the cars on performance I'd got with the BMW 330i. btw I do have the sport suspension on my g35 sedan. If both cars were the same price then I would take the BMW over the Infiniti.
luxury and comfort = G35
performance and prestige = BMW

Old 08-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Universalfrk
I'd say the only thing better on the G is the backseats. MAybe the trunk space. But if you had to evaluate the cars on performance I'd got with the BMW 330i. btw I do have the sport suspension on my g35 sedan. If both cars were the same price then I would take the BMW over the Infiniti.
luxury and comfort = G35
Prestige in a 3 series? Not a chance. Please.. PLEASE..

Old 08-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Universalfrk
luxury and comfort = G35
To each their own
In my opinion, the G is better than the 330i (even the ZHP) in "every" substantive aspect. I am basing this on having owned a ZHP for a little under 2 years and driving it for >40K miles.

5 mins of test driving the G-6MT and I knew it was better. Now with >6K miles on it - that belief is edged in stone. I have nothing to loose or gain by admitting to this since I've owned both.

Do you really think I would trade down from a Bimmer ZHP I guess I would if prestige was a criteria for me but alas it is not I still hold firm that the ZHP is one of the best handling 4DR sport sedans in the the world under $45K - however, that should scream! accolades for the G - since I traded-up.

With respects to performance (Mods/no-mods) - the G is very capable of tearing a 2nd a-hole into any 330i (except M3)

Old 08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
We can agree on something

Old 08-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
LOL.
Maybe yuppie-wannabe prestige?
Prestige = AM Lagonda/Vanquish!

Old 08-02-2005, 09:02 PM
You know, it won't matter what you say or what the BMWs are like or what they cost. There will always be people who swear by them. It's the whole designer logo phenomenon. If you put Gucci on a cheap piece of vinyl, some people will pay $500 bucks for it. The New York Times last sunday had a review of the 330 and if you get the paper edition, they had a table that showed that the new Lexus had more power and cost less, the G had more power and cost less. The best thing the reviewer had to say about the idrive was that you could turn it off (I kid you not). He admitted the handling was nothing to write home about. But at the end, he creamed all over himself, because after all, it was a BMW.

Last edited by Mr. G; 08-02-2005 at 09:04 PM. Reason: error
Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. G
You know, it won't matter what you say or what the BMWs are like or what they cost. There will always be people who swear by them. It's the whole designer logo phenomenon. If you put Gucci on a cheap piece of vinyl, some people will pay $500 bucks for it. The New York Times last sunday had a review of the 330 and if you get the paper edition, they had a table that showed that the new Lexus had more power and cost less, the G had more power and cost less. The best thing the reviewer had to say about the idrive was that you could turn it off (I kid you not). He admitted the handling was nothing to write home about. But at the end, he creamed all over himself, because after all, it was a BMW.
So is this!

Old 08-03-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
So is this!
Isn't that the latest WRX? LOL

Old 08-03-2005, 06:03 PM
The Bmw Is More Smooth, The G Is More Grunt.the Bmw Had A Great Engine Purr, The G Has A Great Exhaust Growl. The Bmw Has More Character Inside, The G Has More Character Outside. The Bmw Ran More Confidently At 130mph , The G Just Plain Gets Their First. As Far As The Bmw Name Goes- Youll Love It...until Warranty Runs Out- Then Youll Wish You Went Japanese. Btw Nick- Mercedes Over Bmw??? Mercs Are For Girls- Image First-performance Last. Compare Any Bmw Model To Its Corresponding Mercedes Model- Bmw Spanks It Outright.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why I love my G more than my old BMW!