G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Very impressed with the sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This car is a little unusual in that the performance is almost identical between the coupe and the sedan. That said, the choice for the sedan versus the coupe I think does partly come down to image. The same things that make the coupe appealing to some probably make it less appealing to others (and more provocative to cops). For example, I want something that looks more like a European sports sedan and less like a Camaro.

Last edited by Mr. G; 08-08-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by ONEmike
my cousin recently traded in her 04 6mt coupe due to back probs and picked up an 05 AT sedan. i drove it on the highway a few times and let me say the car has potiential.
Truer words have never been spoken. It is a matter of FACT and not opinion that the sedan is every bit as capable as the coupe, not to mention the weight and price advantages. Any performance modification that works for the Z and the coupe works for the sedan with no real exceptions.

The only thing that I do not like about the sedan is it's higher stance in stock form. But, that's what modding is all about, isn't it? Otherwise, it is only a matter of styling, soem like the long slender look of the sedan, that looks particularly good when lowered, others prefer the wider look of the coupe. I truly love and appreciate both, so practicality is what won me over.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35sedan
I doubt it. It is very difficult for a coupe to beat a sedan in the sales category. In fact, as far as I know G35 sedan outsold G35 coupe every single month after coupe came out.
I guess since it seems I see more coupes on the road and the coupe forum get's way more hits than the sedan forum, I assumed the coupe outsold the sedan.

Last edited by skeleton_cru; 08-09-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:41 AM
Is this all a shocker? I mean basically it's mostly the same car, but I definitely will agree the coupe looks a lot better. Practicality put me in a sedan.

Old 08-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Registered

finally, some respect for the sedans..hehehe

Old 08-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I guess since it seems I see more coupes on the road and the coupe forum get's way more hits than the sedan forum, I assumed the coupe outsold the sedan.
I think the coupe forum gets more hits because the average coupe owner age is lower. Young males (and even females) are more likely to log on the internet and bump uglies with like coupe owners than the older sedan owners are.

I think there are more sedans on the road, but I think the majority of sedan owners buy the car and drive it without worrying about what other sedan owners are doing. The coupe falls into the import 'scene' more than the sedan does (thank god for small favors) and I think the activity in the coupe forum reflects that.

True - the coupe forum gets more hits, but the content in those hits is questionable.. hehe..

Old 08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by alderran
Is this all a shocker? I mean basically it's mostly the same car, but I definitely will agree the coupe looks a lot better. Practicality put me in a sedan.
I'm in the sedan because I prefer four doors and a real trunk, but my personal preference as far as appearance goes is the sedan as well. I think the lines are more symmetrical and it looks more finished. There is an angle of the rear of the coupe that makes it look 'cut-off' or unfinished to me.

I know looks are subjective - just my .02. I like the coupe, but I wouldn't say it looks a 'lot better' than the sedan - just different.

If I were going to buy a 2 door, I don't know if I would have chosen the Infiniti - although it would have definitely been in the running. The sedan is one of the fastest and best performing cars in its class - competition for that position in the two-door market is more competitive. 3400~ pounds is about average for a four-door the size of the sedan, not so for a two-door - the coupe is a little more 'portly' in its class.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
I'm in the sedan because I prefer four doors and a real trunk, but my personal preference as far as appearance goes is the sedan as well. I think the lines are more symmetrical and it looks more finished. There is an angle of the rear of the coupe that makes it look 'cut-off' or unfinished to me.

I know looks are subjective - just my .02. I like the coupe, but I wouldn't say it looks a 'lot better' than the sedan - just different.
My thoughts and reasoning exactly.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Some people actually buy these cars for thier luxury goodies such as burled walnut..ooooo, or leather like plastics on the console..oooooo. In which case these not performance oriented folks wouldn't care about things like weight or slalom times when compared to thier repective class peers. They want to feel good and impress some friends so the Coupe or the Sedan can offer that in both forms. Imagine that, the coupe and the sedan both, in tandem offering a buyer a remedy to a single need.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by SixFive
Some people actually buy these cars for thier luxury goodies such as burled walnut..ooooo, or leather like plastics on the console..oooooo. In which case these not performance oriented folks wouldn't care about things like weight or slalom times when compared to thier repective class peers. They want to feel good and impress some friends so the Coupe or the Sedan can offer that in both forms. Imagine that, the coupe and the sedan both, in tandem offering a buyer a remedy to a single need.
Your "ooooooo" cracked me up.. LOL..

Old 08-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I used to think the same thing. For the longest time, I saw many, MANY more coupes in my area as opposed to sedans. Then I saw the sales figures:

http://g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=8

Right at 2:1 in favor of the sedan. Also, the majority of the sedan owners in my area are middle aged women. Not many are likely have the enthusiasm to find a forum like this and participate.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Also, the majority of the sedan owners in my area are middle aged women.
What???? I think I've been insulted.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Did we forget the "supply" side of the whole Supply and Demand thing? Sedans out-sell coupes 2:1, thus production on the sedan is increased to optimize output, making the coupe more rare. It is harder to find a coupe with all of the options you'd like, yes, which is what drives the market.

G

Old 08-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by GeoBau
Did we forget the "supply" side of the whole Supply and Demand thing? Sedans out-sell coupes 2:1, thus production on the sedan is increased to optimize output, making the coupe more rare. It is harder to find a coupe with all of the options you'd like, yes, which is what drives the market.

G
Yes! Thanks Geo for saving my theory!

Old 08-10-2005, 11:08 AM
I see a lot of coupes but a few more sedans. I see more men driving coupes but there are a lot of women drivers. They are all fairly young, though. Just about all the sedan drivers I see are middle age women. I cannot recall seeing any young males driving the sedan. Oh well, a good car is a good car. I don't care who is driving them or how many are on the road. The more G35's they sale, the better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very impressed with the sedan