Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g3505
Welcome!
Infiniti of Tampa - Me too. Great mod-friendly Parts/Service too.
Thanks!

Excellent to see some Tampa folks in the house. I wasn't surehow things were going to turn out here but things are looking up. who did you take your G to for the window tint?

Old 08-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by mailmanmike
Welcome from a G35X pennsylvania owner, it is a great site and the people are very knowledgeable about there cars. so fire away on whatever is on you mine.

Thanks mailmanmike. I guess I've got a friend in Pennsylvania... Do they still put that on the tags?

Old 08-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Welcome, Foo and congrats on the G35. I think you made the right move getting the G35.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by jawjaw
Welcome, Foo and congrats on the G35. I think you made the right move getting the G35.

Thanks jawjaw. I was a bit hesitant about getting the sedan thought I'd be the only foo pilotin' one. It was a tough choice between sedan and coupe.

The one thing that was the deal close on the sedan hapens to not be available on the MT and it is killin me; its the drive positioner I think they call it. Where the steering and seat slide back when you egress the vehicle.

To the credit of IoT they offered to let me bring my 6spd back and ride out in an auto; I was shocked especially after having endured a bunch of BS from area Lincoln dealers which seriously lacked any sort of customer service skills at all.

I was going to do it but I am hoping I can find away arond it. Maybe through the pcm but I a not certai if this pcm can be reflashed or if it is chipped.

On the LS it coldbe flashed through the obdII port and if you bought the extreme tuning software you could turn on/off a bunch of stuff the dealer wouldn't even do for ya.

At any rate I appreciate all the warm welcomes!

Old 08-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Foo_G
Thanks!

Excellent to see some Tampa folks in the house. I wasn't surehow things were going to turn out here but things are looking up. who did you take your G to for the window tint?
Nu Shine (Florida & Fletcher) $200.00
Buzz Off on Dale Mabry is also good - alas they did not have the exact tint I was in market for

Old 08-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Nu Shine (Florida & Fletcher) $200.00
Buzz Off on Dale Mabry is also good - alas they did not have the exact tint I was in market for
Excellent. I will see what they say. A friend from another forum has a son that does windows and he is supposed tobe pretty good so I am going to see what he ha to say as well.

I'd rather deal with a store front because I can go back and bitch em out if the tint job sucks.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:30 AM
congrats Foo and welcome. it's an awesome ride, you won't regret the sedan one bit. had our X for a year and still lovin it.

now get thru that break in period already...

Old 08-19-2005, 04:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome

Old 08-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by smokedhen
welcome

thanks

Old 08-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by pb35
congrats Foo and welcome. it's an awesome ride, you won't regret the sedan one bit. had our X for a year and still lovin it.

now get thru that break in period already...

Thank you. I let my wife drive it lastnight....migtbe the last time. She says the MT is too muc work. Oh sweet victory all mine!

Old 08-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by CarFanatic56
welcome
thank you.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Welcome!
Infiniti of Tampa - Me too. Great mod-friendly Parts/Service too.
Quick question if I may... Are you famliar with the Automatic Drive Positioner? If so, does your steering wheel and drivers seat slide back when you exit the car?

I got the 05 service manuals and started cmbing over the stuff for the ADP and it almost seems to me like it should be working on the MT versions. There is a ground that made when the Ebrake is engaged and the illustration next to it is the AT Park sensor switch which I am guess is a ground as well.

If anyone else can chime in onthis I would appreciate your feedback.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Welcome here. Congrats on a great car and thanks for the good intro. A rare and very welcome occurance here. LOL..

Wife is from Tampa, in-laws live out past Gunn in Beacon Meadows. I've been in and out of Tampa/St Pete since the mid-late 70s. Great town but traffic makes me want to chew on a bullet.

I'm currently in Texas (unwillingly - military says GO and I say OKAY. They call them orders for a reason.. ) but will be rolling to the pacific northwest in about, ohhhh, 70 days. But who's counting?

(I am I am I am I am I am.. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?)

Old 08-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome and a I would like to extended to you an even greater and more sincere gratitude for your volunteer service to our country. It is the volunteers that make it possible for us to havethe freedom to choose a G35 or a um hmmm maybe a M or Q .

Are you in the country club or army ? I would guess country club since tampa is home to macDill but they do have a bunch of sanke eaters down here.

I served in the Navy in 86 through 92 and did some time in the reserves so I know what it is like to have to follow the orders good or bad.

Yeah I love tampa and the latin food/culture but @#!* the $()^!^@ traffic. Plus malfuntion junction is getting amake over 20 years too late!

Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Welcome here. Congrats on a great car and thanks for the good intro. A rare and very welcome occurance here. LOL..

Wife is from Tampa, in-laws live out past Gunn in Beacon Meadows. I've been in and out of Tampa/St Pete since the mid-late 70s. Great town but traffic makes me want to chew on a bullet.

I'm currently in Texas (unwillingly - military says GO and I say OKAY. They call them orders for a reason.. ) but will be rolling to the pacific northwest in about, ohhhh, 70 days. But who's counting?

(I am I am I am I am I am.. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: top of the day to you all