G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

top of the day to you all

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Neither.. LOL. 24 years NAVY baby. Father in Law is a retired Chief Master Sgt - he retired out of McDill in 1980 - they never left.

Malfunction junction getting a makeover? Which? Dale Mabry? Where?

No doubt - Tampa has it all. ALL the women are gorgeous (it seems) and there isn't anything you can't find there.

I was once stationed in Cuba. We became addicted to jamaican 'jerk' cooking and one seasoning in particular. The only palce we were able to get it was mail order from New York. We found it on the shelf for half the price on the east side of town in Tampa.

LOVE Tampa, hate the traffic.. LOL.. I'd be loving my 5AT down there.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Oops. Forgot one thing..

As for the appreciation for service - you've been there and done it yourself so THANK YOU. (and in the best branch I might add - this place could use a few more squids)

Thanks isn't necessary, but is appreciated.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wooohooo a shipmate. I almost aded Navy to my lists of guess but then I thought wel there are some squids here but not many and if I added Navy the I might a well add the Marines too.

24 year ehh... damn man that is a long haul and I am certain you have to brush the salt off you shoulders rather frequently now.

Lots of good jamaica shops and resturants here too. My brother and I always go to the shops when he is here to get various jerk seasonings.

So what do you for the worlds finesest Navy?

Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Neither.. LOL. 24 years NAVY baby. Father in Law is a retired Chief Master Sgt - he retired out of McDill in 1980 - they never left.

Malfunction junction getting a makeover? Which? Dale Mabry? Where?

No doubt - Tampa has it all. ALL the women are gorgeous (it seems) and there isn't anything you can't find there.

I was once stationed in Cuba. We became addicted to jamaican 'jerk' cooking and one seasoning in particular. The only palce we were able to get it was mail order from New York. We found it on the shelf for half the price on the east side of town in Tampa.

LOVE Tampa, hate the traffic.. LOL.. I'd be loving my 5AT down there.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:57 AM
It was an honor that I enjoied beyond anyones imagination. Best branch and the worlds Finest Navy to boot.

Oops. Forgot one thing..

As for the appreciation for service - you've been there and done it yourself so THANK YOU. (and in the best branch I might add - this place could use a few more squids)

Thanks isn't necessary, but is appreciated.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Oh Malfunction is getting hooked up from about the fair grounds to certain points on 275 and it is looking nice but they havea ways to go.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by Foo_G
Wooohooo a shipmate. I almost aded Navy to my lists of guess but then I thought wel there are some squids here but not many and if I added Navy the I might a well add the Marines too.

24 year ehh... damn man that is a long haul and I am certain you have to brush the salt off you shoulders rather frequently now.

Lots of good jamaica shops and resturants here too. My brother and I always go to the shops when he is here to get various jerk seasonings.

So what do you for the worlds finesest Navy?
Started out as a non-designated ground pounder. Went to boot camp in 81 and checked aboard the USS DD Eisenhower three months later. Chocked and chained airplanes on the flight deck for two years and fianlly said to h#ll with that. I took the test to become an AT (aviation electronics). I spent most of my enlisted career working on communication, navigation, and electronic countermeasures equipment.

Worked my way through the ranks, made Senior Chief (E8) in just under 14 years, and decided to apply to the LDO program. (Limited Duty Officer)

Selected LDO in 1998, immediately lost over 60 IQ points, and transitioned to the dark side of the Navy (Officer Corps). Except for the $, I prefer the enlisted ranks.

I'm heading to Whidbey Island (T-minus 70-ish days) for my last tour, roughly three more years, and I'll retire with 28. If they have a good set of sea duty orders (Australia? Spain? Hawaii?) I may go back to sea and do 30. If they offer anything that begins with USS, I'll stay home, it's been fun, thanks.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Well we all have tobust paint, primer and coat generously with Haze grey butyou have great roots and you are probably more in touch with the folks under you as a result of that experience.

A mustang huh. Well the CHENG on my first ship was an LDO and one helluva guy. You gotta love a place that can take you from seaman to admiral i one lifetime.

I was a Guners Mate. I went to B E/E up in Great Lakes and then to a C school for a 5" gun system in Dam Neck, Va. Needless to say I had a blast litterally.

I hear Whidbey is a nice place should be a great tour there. Hey how about USS Never Sail? If your detailer offered you order there woul ya turn em down ... ya said no oreders begining with USS...

Hey we always say best duty station is the one you just left and the one you are about to go to right!

Started out as a non-designated ground pounder. Went to boot camp in 81 and checked aboard the USS DD Eisenhower three months later. Chocked and chained airplanes on the flight deck for two years and fianlly said to h#ll with that. I took the test to become an AT (aviation electronics). I spent most of my enlisted career working on communication, navigation, and electronic countermeasures equipment.

Worked my way through the ranks, made Senior Chief (E8) in just under 14 years, and decided to apply to the LDO program. (Limited Duty Officer)

Selected LDO in 1998, immediately lost over 60 IQ points, and transitioned to the dark side of the Navy (Officer Corps). Except for the $, I prefer the enlisted ranks.

I'm heading to Whidbey Island (T-minus 70-ish days) for my last tour, roughly three more years, and I'll retire with 28. If they have a good set of sea duty orders (Australia? Spain? Hawaii?) I may go back to sea and do 30. If they offer anything that begins with USS, I'll stay home, it's been fun, thanks.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Hey we always say best duty station is the one you just left and the one you are about to go to right!
ROFL. Exactly. How many times did you hear "this isn't the real Navy?"

I've been in a long time and I'm still waiting to find the real Navy.

Reminds me of the saying:

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:48 AM
ROFL. Exactly. How many times did you hear "this isn't the real Navy?"

I've been in a long time and I'm still waiting to find the real Navy.

Reminds me of the saying:

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.
Oh Yeah.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Quick question if I may... Are you famliar with the Automatic Drive Positioner? If so, does your steering wheel and drivers seat slide back when you exit the car?

I got the 05 service manuals and started cmbing over the stuff for the ADP and it almost seems to me like it should be working on the MT versions. There is a ground that made when the Ebrake is engaged and the illustration next to it is the AT Park sensor switch which I am guess is a ground as well.

If anyone else can chime in onthis I would appreciate your feedback.
On 6-Spd - you can program the driver seat to the unlock button on the remote for easier entry/exit - that's about all.

Geewillikers and Foo_G - Wisdom is a Virtue. You both seem to have garnered some through your service to our country - So, you are welcome and thank you both

Malfunction-frickin-junction is atrocious And I am sorry to say folks in Tampa Bay do NOT know how to drive It's the transplant factor and the various resulting driving styles especially once the snow-birds arrive. Ugh!

Old 08-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by g3505
On 6-Spd - you can program the driver seat to the unlock button on the remote for easier entry/exit - that's about all.

Geewillikers and Foo_G - Wisdom is a Virtue. You both seem to have garnered some through your service to our country - So, you are welcome and thank you both

Malfunction-frickin-junction is atrocious And I am sorry to say folks in Tampa Bay do NOT know how to drive It's the transplant factor and the various resulting driving styles especially once the snow-birds arrive. Ugh!

Hey tha is a great idea. Thanks! I was thinking about carrying both FOBs but you idea reduces pocket bulge, gotta leave room for the package ok TMI ... I can set the othe drive position to my likings and be on my merry way.

Maybe after the buzz of owning this thing wore off I might have come around to thinking of this... at least in my own mind I would like to think I am clever enough to do so. Thanks again for imparting your knowledge and experience.