G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Test drove Acura TL and G35x, a review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DP03
You, my friend, are a complete and utter idiot. If you've been to the track 200 times, then you're either incredibly unobservative, or there were horses at that track.

I have given you pictures and my car is featured on an LS1 website. If the facts you want are not relative to me, and instead relative to general racing, have someone teach you how to use the computer outside of this website. I will not do your homework for you.
Still waiting for the facts to be put down by you, until then you are wrong.

Man where are these noobs coming from these days? lol

You put a 600 hp EvO vs a 600 hp Zo6, the ZO6 gets eaten for lunch off the line and throughout the race. Even a 10 mph roll the EVO wil win because the ZO6 will just spin. AWD owns RWD in traction. You CAN'T deny the fact. 4 TIRES VS 2 TIRES.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Hey Russ and DPO03, why don't you guys chill and settle down. Take it to PM or just don't get your backs up, no need to argue back and forth here you have been going on and getting no where for a few pages now.
Konsole gave a great review at the start of this thread and that's what this was about.
Thanks Guys .

Last edited by GEE35FX; 08-27-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Hey Russ and DPO03, why don't you guys chill and settle down. Take it to PM or just don't get your backs up, no need to argue back and forth here you have been going on and getting no where for a few pages now.
Konsole gave a great review at the start of this thread and that's what this was about.
Thanks Guys .
You're absolutely right. This has turned into a complete hijack, and I apologize. This will be my last post on this thread, and I'll catch up with him somewhere else.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I like the idea of AWD on this car because:

1. its rear drive biased, which is fun
2. it handles nicely, safer in the rain/snow

And thats about it... I would like to take the car to a road course sometime and learn to really drive it, but I could care less about it being a second or two slower in a 1/4 mile race.

This board seems to be preocupied with 'whos got the fastest car'... why? Its great to have some power for everyday driving. Its great to have the luxury of the G.

I have no idea why you would buy a G coupe or sedan if all you wanted to do was race. Frankly, I am more interested in Zaino and interesting technical tidbits than I am about Z pipes, and plenum spacers. I think the folks at nissan/infiniti probly knew what they were doing when they designed this increadible machine. I dont get a good feeling from some shady company releases a part to shove into the mix. Do they have advanced computer models of how the engine works? Can they test the mod on one of those standalone engine testers (without the tranny attached) and really get real data? It works GREAT stock, It looks GREAT stock. I want this car to work and look perfect 10-15 years from now, so Ill leave it the heck alone.

But I do enjoy all the silly high-school bickering sometimes.. up to a point.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
OBSERVATION:
The highest division in drag racing is Top Fuel Dragster. These guys do it for the BIGGEST money, both in dollars spent and purses to be won. With everything at stake, they leave no stone unturned in their quest for the quickest and fastest way from a standing start to the end of a quarter mile. They'll try anything, and have!

Not an AWD in the bunch - no how, no way. Hmmmmmmmm ....what conclusion can we draw from this, class?

Now when you're talkin' street cars, 0-60 MPH, and decent power (200 HP+), pound for pound and Hp to HP, the nod sometimes goes to AWD - but that's not a given either, due to a great many factors and variables.

Dont'cha just love cars ???

Old 08-27-2005, 04:30 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
DPO3 and Mike_TX,

We're all glad that's cooled down......personal attacks and comments upset everyone, and will not be tollerated.
...now if you 2 can agree to disagree, shake hands and go on, that would be best for everyone.
Mike_TX, if DPO3's hand is still offered in friendship, then show us that you care too and take it please.

I've left this thread open for more replies because it has value. Feel free to reply but only in a constructive and polite manner.

NO MORE WAMMO! -- I'll be watching.

Colin.

Old 08-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Well. I said the last post was my last in this thread, but to reply to an admin:

I have been on numerous car enthusiast boards over time, and I think my car experience has a lot to offer and share. That being said, I HATE when threads, especially useful ones like this, get hijacked. And now I find myself guilty of that, and I again apologize, especially to Gsedanman who created this thread.

I don't hold grudges against anyone, and I've just realized that sometimes emotions can really get things out of hand. I welcome the oppurtunity for G35 TX to email or PM me, and I assure you that my comments will be cordial.

I hope my future contributions to this board will be more constructive.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:14 PM
O.F. Administrator
Well. I said the last post was my last in this thread, but to reply to an admin:

I have been on numerous car enthusiast boards over time, and I think my car experience has a lot to offer and share. That being said, I HATE when threads, especially useful ones like this, get hijacked. And now I find myself guilty of that, and I again apologize, especially to Gsedanman who created this thread.

I don't hold grudges against anyone, and I've just realized that sometimes emotions can really get things out of hand. I welcome the oppurtunity for G35 TX to email or PM me, and I assure you that my comments will be cordial.

I hope my future contributions to this board will be more constructive.
DPO3,

Welcome aboard....don't let the rocky start put you off please. En Masse, we're a friendly and generally informed bunch, but will always have time for new members, views, and experience.

It seems both you and G35_TX have a lot to offer if we could just get you both to step up and shake on it........... Russ step up bro, -- there's a friendly hand waiting on y'all....

C.

Old 08-27-2005, 07:10 PM
I've been wondering what it's like in the Eagles' locker room nowadays. Thanks to Russ and DPO, I have a pretty good idea now. Very illustrative.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Premier Member

I assume your talking about me. I am sorry this got this far. I wish it never did. I was trying to prove a point and it got out of hand. I apoligize for that. Things tend to get carried away quite often when you have a topic that can go either way just depends on the car usually. I will acept his offer, and give him mine as well. Hopefully with no more insults and conflict of interests on both our parts.

Originally Posted by Gsedanman
DPO3 and Mike_TX,

We're all glad that's cooled down......personal attacks and comments upset everyone, and will not be tollerated.
...now if you 2 can agree to disagree, shake hands and go on, that would be best for everyone.
Mike_TX, if DPO3's hand is still offered in friendship, then show us that you care too and take it please.

I've left this thread open for more replies because it has value. Feel free to reply but only in a constructive and polite manner.

NO MORE WAMMO! -- I'll be watching.

Colin.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Premier Member

DPO3,

Welcome aboard....don't let the rocky start put you off please. En Masse, we're a friendly and generally informed bunch, but will always have time for new members, views, and experience.

It seems both you and G35_TX have a lot to offer if we could just get you both to step up and shake on it........... Russ step up bro, -- there's a friendly hand waiting on y'all....

C.
As some have seen, on other occasions, I tend to take things to far more than once. And its very hard for me to back down when I need too. Luckily I was in Austin today and that took me away from this for me to seddle down.

JKwright your funny!

Old 08-27-2005, 08:27 PM
It's all good, G35 TX. Let's put this behind us and learn from each other going forward.

I apologize for letting this heat up.

Cheers.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:35 PM
O.F. Administrator
It's all good, G35 TX. Let's put this behind us and learn from each other going forward.

I apologize for letting this heat up.

Cheers.

Sounds real good to me...... , Russ you cool with that?
C.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Premier Member

Sounds real good to me...... , Russ you cool with that?
C.
Roger that

Old 08-27-2005, 10:22 PM
back on topic here for a second :-P

I went w/ my roommate to drive a S60R and the saleswoman couldn't drive stick. Apparently this dealer didn't have too much demand for the R in 6 speed. So we got to drive it off the lot :-P

My impressions of the R were :

The interior seemed very "plush" too plush in fact. I felt cramped in the front seat from all the dash stuff. I'm not that tall either, 5'10" and it was cramped. The saleswoman in the back looked very cramped but I guess she didn't mind. As far as driving I did like how the clutch / engine noise compared to the 6MT G. As many have said, the G 6MT sounds like an angry bear is living in the engine compartment. But I did like the feel to it, the launches from a traffic light felt very sticky and the turbo lag seemed to not be as bad as other turbo volvo's I've driven (I have a 850 GLT also and its the year before turbo, but I have driven the turbo version of my car). The sport / adv / whatever settings for the suspention was kind of confusing, we asked when we got back a more knowledgable sales rep about the system and he explain that whole stiffness / RWD prone-ness etc. As far as faster than the G, who really cares that much, unless you are dragging, you really aren't going 145mph from work to home, unless you maybe are in Germany. I would be interested in driving a G-sedan / S60R in a same day to compare the handling and launch speed. I am also interested how the gear setup works in the manual on a AWD vehicle, does the transfer case have an automatic low / high adjuster like a jeep?

I did enjoy our test drive, but for the 10k more or so it is priced at the G trumps it as for me I was out the door at 31.5 and very happy with my decision. Plus Volvo = problems since it is European, those demons love sweedish wires!

just my .02

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test drove Acura TL and G35x, a review