G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Killed this Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Killed this Monte Carlo

So I am coming up the 110 from LA to Pasadena. I'm sitting in the fast lane behind this other car content to follow. I see some
bright headlights rushing up behind me. He's about 3/4 of a mile back then he gets closer and jumps on my back. I said to
myself, I could never have smooth drive in without somebody trying to test the G. Okay, I notice its a newer Monte Carlo or
something of the sort. So he sits on me for a 1/4 of a mile and then makes his move. What he didn't notice was there was
another car in the number 1 lane (merging lane) that he was getting ready to skip across to. I had a bird-eye view of that
lane, I knew there was no where for me to go at that particular time, but he was impatient. He makes his move, ehhhh, wrong
move, he's stuck; I make my move once the gaps opens up, and the race is on. I blew away from him for about 3/4 mile, I slow
down, because there is no way I want to drive at that speed all the way to Pasadensa. I notice his lights and he catches up. -
Word of Advice, sometimes the best move is no move, let them beat you, don't beat yourself.......Now anyone of you familiar
with the 110 knows that it is wine-ding, a lot of curves. And Ave 46 exit is the curviest of them all. As we approach Ave 46,
this is where I show him what my G is all about and the driver. I take that turn doing about 55-60, I slip it down into 3rd
gear, to get some engine braking, and as soon as I am almost out of my turn I slip it into 4th gear. I shoot out of the turn I look back at the guy and I can till he is still trying to get himself out of the turn safely. From there on I open up about a half mile lead, and slow down. He catches up but doesn't try to pass me. He realizes he is dealing with a different kind of driver today. I chuckle because when I change lanes to pass another car he doesn't try to do anything.

I choose to follow him a couple of times because there where slow drivers in my lane, mind you - I slowed down for him to catch up, prior to this point, I am wondering why he isn't racing anymore. I try to push him, he is in the center lane and I am right behind him, it’s a 3 lane expressway, the 2 other lanes 1 each to our side, is empty, but I choose to stay behind him to see what he's got. We are approaching another curve and I step on it, trying to push him to see what he's got, he doesn't want anymore from the way he is driving, I change lanes to the left and slowly pass him to get a view. The guy looks like he scared ****less from what he witnessed on Ave 46 earlier. I step on it and cross him over to the number one lane. I gave him one more demonstration of the G as we are approaching the end of the expressway where they will be a traffic light. There is this long curve at the end, its like a obstacle course, a car in each lane, so I take them all down, no mind you, I am doing this while I am making a curve left for about a 1/4 mile. I look back and it looks like he is content to follow this other driver in the middle lane and watch. I reach the light, first, game over.

What can I say, I love my G. I love the way it performs. I have falken tires, those bad boys just stick to the road.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing at high speeds in traffic - kudos.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds to me like there was no race at all. He was probably just trying to get through traffic. Be careful your car is going to get you in over your head at some point.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:26 PM
He keeps it up and his next post will entitled "I killed this family of four while acting like a dumbass in my car".

Old 08-30-2005, 02:42 PM
No i respect that kind of race/ if ur confident and experienced enough and signal well. i scare people a lot but i installed a red neon in the front grill of my greddy kit so it signals them to move or get blown by. Great race. i know you had Fun. Cant w8 til i get out of school so i can go drift my local corners.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Safety first .... but I guess nice work on the Monte Carlo kill? I know that section of the 110 out to Pasadena, and it's definitely a spot to test your nerves if you're feeling it. Now go out and look for a Pontiac G6 to thrash next

Old 08-31-2005, 12:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like a fun race. I love showing up some of those "sporty" american cars.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:36 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by G35Drifter619
i scare people a lot but i installed a red neon in the front grill of my greddy kit so it signals them to move or get blown by.
No, that neon signals "Rice approaching, prepare to laugh your @ss off".

Old 08-31-2005, 04:38 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Geez35
So I am coming up the 110 from LA to Pasadena. I'm sitting in the fast lane behind this other car content to follow. I see some
bright headlights rushing up behind me. He's about 3/4 of a mile back then he gets closer and jumps on my back. I said to
myself, I could never have smooth drive in without somebody trying to test the G. Okay, I notice its a newer Monte Carlo or
something of the sort. So he sits on me for a 1/4 of a mile and then makes his move. What he didn't notice was there was
another car in the number 1 lane (merging lane) that he was getting ready to skip across to. I had a bird-eye view of that
lane, I knew there was no where for me to go at that particular time, but he was impatient. He makes his move, ehhhh, wrong
move, he's stuck; I make my move once the gaps opens up, and the race is on. I blew away from him for about 3/4 mile, I slow
down, because there is no way I want to drive at that speed all the way to Pasadensa. I notice his lights and he catches up. -
Word of Advice, sometimes the best move is no move, let them beat you, don't beat yourself.......Now anyone of you familiar
with the 110 knows that it is wine-ding, a lot of curves. And Ave 46 exit is the curviest of them all. As we approach Ave 46,
this is where I show him what my G is all about and the driver. I take that turn doing about 55-60, I slip it down into 3rd
gear, to get some engine braking, and as soon as I am almost out of my turn I slip it into 4th gear. I shoot out of the turn I look back at the guy and I can till he is still trying to get himself out of the turn safely. From there on I open up about a half mile lead, and slow down. He catches up but doesn't try to pass me. He realizes he is dealing with a different kind of driver today. I chuckle because when I change lanes to pass another car he doesn't try to do anything.

I choose to follow him a couple of times because there where slow drivers in my lane, mind you - I slowed down for him to catch up, prior to this point, I am wondering why he isn't racing anymore. I try to push him, he is in the center lane and I am right behind him, it’s a 3 lane expressway, the 2 other lanes 1 each to our side, is empty, but I choose to stay behind him to see what he's got. We are approaching another curve and I step on it, trying to push him to see what he's got, he doesn't want anymore from the way he is driving, I change lanes to the left and slowly pass him to get a view. The guy looks like he scared ****less from what he witnessed on Ave 46 earlier. I step on it and cross him over to the number one lane. I gave him one more demonstration of the G as we are approaching the end of the expressway where they will be a traffic light. There is this long curve at the end, its like a obstacle course, a car in each lane, so I take them all down, no mind you, I am doing this while I am making a curve left for about a 1/4 mile. I look back and it looks like he is content to follow this other driver in the middle lane and watch. I reach the light, first, game over.

What can I say, I love my G. I love the way it performs. I have falken tires, those bad boys just stick to the road.
Cliff notes:
I was driving like a jack@ss on a busy freeway and I'm so proud of myself.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by Geez35
Word of Advice, sometimes the best move is no move, let them beat you
Good advice, you should have taken it. You weren't on the Mass Pike last weekend, were you? Thought maybe you are the guy they're looking for. Check this out.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:37 AM
that was the worst stroy I ever read

*nt*

Old 08-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Keep this shiit out of the sedan forum please...

Old 08-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Cliff notes:
I was driving like a jack@ss on a busy freeway and I'm so proud of myself.
LOL

Old 08-31-2005, 08:35 AM
There could of very easily been an article saying a Monte Carlo wrecked going around a corner and took out a family of 4, police are looking for a Infiniti G35 he was racing..

Sounds really stupid to me..

When I was 18, I had a 95 3000GT 5 speed, I raced some kid in a Civic from a light..
I raced to 60 and ate him, but he was a kid so he keep it floored and passed me at like 75 or 80 and a car was making a left in front of us, he nailed it and sent 4 people to the hospital, including a 6month old, that was in the Civic I was racing...

So, I was pretty safe, just ragging it to 10 over the speed limit, but the retard I was messing with almost killed himself, his kid and 2 other people.. So I do not race anymore on the street