G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Dealer Stole My Frame

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
They swapped your frame for theirs because they didn't think you would notice, and/or care.
Most people who leave them on don't care about advertising for that dealership.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually find it quite funny when this happens. They probably sell your old plates on eBay. That would actually be a pretty nice business

Old 08-31-2005, 03:00 PM
You better check for scratches too cuz the edges of the frame might be touching on the bumper's paint. You know these dealer people don't baby your car like you do.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by calejohnson
I not sure I understand exactly what you're saying but my take on the whole dealer plate holder thing is that it's a sales tool. Specifically, that it's designed to tell people where to buy the Infiniti. I live in an area where we don't have a choice of competitive dealers nearby. There's one about 20 miles from where I live (that's the one that stole my plate holders) and then there's another one (owned by the same people) that's about 45 miles away. I bought my G35 from a dealer 280 miles from here because I didn't like the take-it-or-leave-it attitude the local sales people had.

When the dealer stole my tags and replaced them with their own, they implied that I was another satisfied customer. I guess that I am, from a service standpoint, but I'm not when it comes to their sales department.
I thought everyone heard of that expression-"cut your nose to spite your face." What I was trying to say via the expression is that in getting your point across to the dealer about how f**ked up what he did with the plates is, the dealer may react poorly to that with a resultant loss of good service thereby forcing you to go to another dealer which will cause inconvenience on your part. Hence the expression "cut your nose to spite your face" or another analogy might be you win the battle but lose the war.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Corgidog
I thought everyone heard of that expression-"cut your nose to spite your face." What I was trying to say via the expression is that in getting your point across to the dealer about how f**ked up what he did with the plates is, the dealer may react poorly to that with a resultant loss of good service thereby forcing you to go to another dealer which will cause inconvenience on your part. Hence the expression "cut your nose to spite your face" or another analogy might be you win the battle but lose the war.
Corgidog, I know what it means, what I couldn't understand was, "Did you mean that GREAT "parts and service" service?" I doubt there was much thought on their part behind making the switch but the guy who sold me the car wasn't amussed when I told him this morning. His reaction, "They're not supposed to take anything off your car that isn't in for service." He's right, of course, and he's send new plate holders.

I still might take a little swipe at their service manager, you know call him up and tell him that my car was in for service and I'm going to have to bring it back to him so he can reinstall part #(blah blah blah) correctly. And when he goes, "I don't know what you're talking about, there's no part #(blah blah blah)." Then I'll say, "Yeah you do, those were the plate holders you stole from me and I've got the replacement set sitting right here!" (This sounds a little lame, I'm going to have to work on it.)

Old 08-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
not that I'd want to drive around town with it, but just for those "special" visits to the dealership. )
Yea, just put it on when you visit the dealership.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:48 PM
Corgidog, I know what it means, what I couldn't understand was, "Did you mean that GREAT "parts and service" service?" I doubt there was much thought on their part behind making the switch but the guy who sold me the car wasn't amussed when I told him this morning. His reaction, "They're not supposed to take anything off your car that isn't in for service." He's right, of course, and he's send new plate holders.

I still might take a little swipe at their service manager, you know call him up and tell him that my car was in for service and I'm going to have to bring it back to him so he can reinstall part #(blah blah blah) correctly. And when he goes, "I don't know what you're talking about, there's no part #(blah blah blah)." Then I'll say, "Yeah you do, those were the plate holders you stole from me and I've got the replacement set sitting right here!" (This sounds a little lame, I'm going to have to work on it.)
CJ- what I am trying to caution you on was you might want to reconsider taking a swipe at the service mgr. if you plan on using the dealership in the future. The service mgr may be a spiteful sob and do something to your car next time you are in if he feels you made him look bad.

I had a similar situation with a BMW I had. Some service guy helped himself to my loose change in the change holder, since I figured he would deny it if I made a stink about it and try to get even with me if he ever worked on my car again, I sucked it up and let it slide cause the dealership was real convenient.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Corgidog
CJ- what I am trying to caution you on was you might want to reconsider taking a swipe at the service mgr. if you plan on using the dealership in the future. The service mgr may be a spiteful sob and do something to your car next time you are in if he feels you made him look bad.

I had a similar situation with a BMW I had. Some service guy helped himself to my loose change in the change holder, since I figured he would deny it if I made a stink about it and try to get even with me if he ever worked on my car again, I sucked it up and let it slide cause the dealership was real convenient.
It's a line but I think I can walk it. Thanks for the advice.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:40 PM
In the past when I have purchased vehicles I have made them take off any plate holders and stickers for their dealership. I have told them that I won't be a mobile advert for their dealership unless they are willing to pay for it -- after all, my name is on the registration of ownership.