G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Dealer Stole My Frame

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Stole My Frame

I took my car for warranty service at the local Infiniti dealer and when I got it back they had removed the license plate frames (from the dealer where I bought the car) and replaced them with their own.

I'm pretty miffed but not sure what, if anything, to do about it.

Anyone else had this experience?

Old 08-31-2005, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, if you really want your frames back . . . Go back and ask for them. Assuming that they haven't made it to the round file, yet.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Well, if you really want your frames back . . . Go back and ask for them. Assuming that they haven't made it to the round file, yet.
Yeah, the previous frames were no big deal. I just think it's kind of arrogant of the dealer to mark my car like they own it.

My wife suggested I call and tell them they got her all upset cause the G35 was a present from her daddy, and he owns the other dealership.

I thought it would be pretty funny to get the other dealership involved in some revenge plan. Like swap out the sales manager's frames when he's not looking.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-31-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by calejohnson
I took my car for warranty service at the local Infiniti dealer and when I got it back they had removed the license plate frames (from the dealer where I bought the car) and replaced them with their own.

I'm pretty miffed but not sure what, if anything, to do about it.

Anyone else had this experience?
Some shops have "fine print" reading something like they have the right to replace the frames at their discretion. It would suck if you had a custom plate that they replaced, but why not just take off the dealer frames?

Don't do free advertising for them!

Old 08-31-2005, 02:32 AM
Although this might seem harsh, but I am surprised that you are asking us on what to do. Be assertive and ask for what you want, that's just my opinion.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:50 AM
funny. this just happened to me last week.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by mguirg_gt
Although this might seem harsh, but I am surprised that you are asking us on what to do. Be assertive and ask for what you want, that's just my opinion.
Although this might seem harsh...how's that clutch-stalling issue coming along?

Old 08-31-2005, 03:19 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
why woulndt you take it to that dad's place?

Old 08-31-2005, 04:31 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Get a custom made frame that says "Don't touch my f*cking license plate frame you @ssholes!". See if they remove that one.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Get a custom made frame that says "Don't touch my f*cking license plate frame you @ssholes!". See if they remove that one.
Ohh! Yeah I like that! It's subtle, to the point, and not too "over the top". Thanks, Cru - I might just do that. (I'm being serious now, that would be funny though, not that I'd want to drive around town with it, but just for those "special" visits to the dealership. )

Old 08-31-2005, 10:10 AM
I would be pissed over something like that even though it is a minor thing. I would just call them on it and see what they say. Better yet, go there in person with the frames in hand.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
haha, I like that idea

Old 08-31-2005, 10:41 AM
When you get the bill the next time you take the car in for service, subtract $10 from the total and call it "advertising fee"! See what they say to that!

It sucks that they feel they have the right to take things from your car. It should not be stated anywhere that they are allowed to "steal" your property. That is just wrong. Why should you advertise for them for free? Just not right, especially if they do a crappy job!

Old 08-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Yup that would annoy the heck out of me. But if this dealer does good work and is convenient, why cut off your nose to spite your face.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Corgidog
Yup that would annoy the heck out of me. But if this dealer does good work and is convenient, why cut off your nose to spite your face.
I not sure I understand exactly what you're saying but my take on the whole dealer plate holder thing is that it's a sales tool. Specifically, that it's designed to tell people where to buy the Infiniti. I live in an area where we don't have a choice of competitive dealers nearby. There's one about 20 miles from where I live (that's the one that stole my plate holders) and then there's another one (owned by the same people) that's about 45 miles away. I bought my G35 from a dealer 280 miles from here because I didn't like the take-it-or-leave-it attitude the local sales people had.

When the dealer stole my tags and replaced them with their own, they implied that I was another satisfied customer. I guess that I am, from a service standpoint, but I'm not when it comes to their sales department.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer Stole My Frame