G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

what is wrong with G35 interior??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is wrong with G35 interior??

I hear a lot of ranting on these forums about the poor (cheap?) quality of the G35 cabin/ interior - I know things have evolved from the earlier models but it seems to have become common wisdom that the interiors are less sophisticated than other e.g. BM and Lexus
My '05 G35x interior is every bit as nice as any other lux' sedan, and I can't understand why Inifiniti gets this bum wrap - can any one give me a point by point difference between the G35 and equivalent BM 325, MB C class, Lexus IS interior - why is the G35 viewed as 'inferior'??

Old 09-10-2005, 02:36 PM
I love my interior. One of the reasons I purchased this vehicle.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I have an '05 as well and I think the interior is great. I was looking at the G since it was first released and I admit I wasn't very excited about the interior quality either in '03 and '04. My manager had an '03 and the paint on the imitation aluminum on the door was rubbing off. The '03 and '04 MY had the cheap interior pieces but has been remedied in the freshening for 05+ MY's. I love mine!

Old 09-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine is cool...i love it.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Comparing with a bmw 330, there is a difference in the quality of materials they use for various parts, and even down to the feel of the leather..(but I like the Infiniti leather 3x better over that of the bmw..bmw just goes to **** after a few months)

I personally see the difference in the brake handle, door handles, dash, various instrument pieces/controls (for example the overheadlights same in the M35 to the G35 flimsy), stitches, outside window trim (the rubber)...not to the mention the solid door thump you get with you close the bmw door and lock it...100% solid...

but then again the infiniti interior is ranked highly among other car companies....i don't think its a bum wrap...

Old 09-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I don't think it's as much as the materials as it is the overall design. Lexus, Benz, and BMW have a fluid dashboard design that the G35 simply doesn't have. Look at the new Lexus GS or IS interior and it's lightyears cleaner looking than any G35 interior. If Infiniti could emmulate the FX or M-series interior for the G35, they'd attract that many more buyers.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:45 PM
I think someone put it best when they said the G35 has a 90's style interior while others look more fresh. Most people are not crazy about the gauge cluster with all the orange. The 03-04 G35's had painted plastic pieces made to look like metal that was not well received. The 05's have a lot of improvements such as using real aluminum. However, there is still a mixmatch of different colors/shades. Some complain that the materials feel cheap but I disagree with that. BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus have nicer interiors but that's because they invest more into the interior and it shows on the sticker price. Acura also has a really nice interior, costs about the same as a G35, but does not have the performance features. Everything costs money so I'm glad Nissan invested more into the performance and handling.

Old 09-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am totally happy with the interior in my '05, it is nicer than the '04 in many ways, the real brushed aluminum is cool! I disagree, '90's interior? Not even close IMO!

Old 09-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I'm not crazy about the orange lights. I hope the next version uses a different color.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
the only thing people complain about is the seats being too tight. other than that the memory seats should be standard as well but the placement of everything is excellent

Old 09-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Lip
I think the interior is assembled well. The seats are decent. The dash is very low, which I like.
The materials are not yet up to VW quality let alone BMW or Audi.
The headliner, buttons and switches, leather, dash material, et al. That's what people are talking about. The seats are not as comfortable as those found in similar cars.
When I break it down, the reason I bought this car was for the power, simple nature and powertrain configuration. Makes the car really fun to drive relative to other sedans, even with my car being the heavy x model.
This car feels like it will run for years.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have only 1 complaint about the gauge area. At certain times around dusk, it can be hard to read the speedometer.

The other complaint is about the console with all the buttons. They look too much like an airplain with all the glowing buttons at night. Even the Navi buttons when the navi is off.

I have the 2004.

Old 09-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
No complaints with my interior. The only interior I'd transplant into the G would come out of an AUDI/VW. BWMs are nothng to speak of IMO. For $45K (330i) I'd expect a lot more.

Old 09-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
I have to concur and I assure that I am not the rank and file cool aid drinking G owner. I own an 05 and I am very pleased with my purchase and the customer service at the dealership. The only thing I think is missing from this car is rain sensing wipers. other cars that I have owned had them and I sorely miss them but hardly enough to taint the satisfaction with the car.

Originally Posted by G35Frank
I have an '05 as well and I think the interior is great. I was looking at the G since it was first released and I admit I wasn't very excited about the interior quality either in '03 and '04. My manager had an '03 and the paint on the imitation aluminum on the door was rubbing off. The '03 and '04 MY had the cheap interior pieces but has been remedied in the freshening for 05+ MY's. I love mine!

Old 09-10-2005, 10:21 PM
My only real beef about the interior of the '03.5, at least the Sport package one, is the el cheapo "titanium tint" on the inside door pulls that rubs off as the side of my leg rests against it whilst driving, leaving a black rubbed-off place that looks horrible. I would LOVE to see some real aluminum pieces to replace the OEM ones with!! It would be nice to cover the dash/console with real aluminum pieces too. I was even thinking of some carbon fiber pieces, but might look too cheesy on my BS sedan. What do you think?

Do you think the "real" aluminum interior trim pieces on the 2005 model would retrofit onto my car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: what is wrong with G35 interior??