G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

what is wrong with G35 interior??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazi4Speed
What are you saying man..nothing could be worse than the Z06..thats just plain ugly american interiors...the new C6/Z06 is nice..a little like the Gs interior, but still quite bad..anyhow..the G 03/04 interior is far better looking than the cheap black with brushed aluminum on the 05s, I have an 03 and driving the 05 today as a loaner and man does the loaner look cheap...black ruins any car..but in the G it just makes it UGLY...the stone/wheat whatever color there is looks much nicer and right..the 03s had nice interiors..still miles behind the competition, but with the new one they have gone backwards instead of forwards..

BTW i cant wait for my 06 C6...
Please, the '05 interior is not cheap, the '03-'04 with the painted fake titanium was cheap looking, and before you bag on the cheap black, the console on the '05 is far less prone to scratching as my '04 was, the console would scratch just looking at it! I think you are a troll sir!

Old 09-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really don't see how different the quality of the materials are. However, I see that Acura, M-B, and Lexus do have better interior design, layout and colors of the gauges and center-dash and buttons. Frankly, I think Audi and BMW have uglier interior design. And some of their buttons work very illogically.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I guess everyone restricts the interior to just the dash boardlayout I guess whatever works, what about door panels? arm rests, seat funtionality etc. Are those features considered when talking about interior?

Old 09-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
I guess everyone restricts the interior to just the dash boardlayout I guess whatever works, what about door panels? arm rests, seat funtionality etc. Are those features considered when talking about interior?
There is a huge difference in the arm rests on the '05 from the '03-'04, much nicer material, better quality.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Please, the '05 interior is not cheap, the '03-'04 with the painted fake titanium was cheap looking, and before you bag on the cheap black, the console on the '05 is far less prone to scratching as my '04 was, the console would scratch just looking at it! I think you are a troll sir!
FYI, the current TL has painted trim too. I have an 03 with the titanium trim and I don't have a single scratch or rub mark anywhere. The car is 3 years old and I'm the second owner too. I don't throw sharp objects around my interiors so maybe that's why all my cars look new on the inside.

I like the new aluminum trim on the 05s, but I'd be far more worried about that trim because it will mare and scratch a lot easier.

As for materials, that's such a joke. The plastic grade and quality is exactly the same. The only thing that changed on the doors was the grab handle and armrest. The 95 interior is better, but let's not blow things out of proportion.

As for the charcoal interior, I was severely disappointed in every used charcoal interior G sedan I looked at. The interior doesn't wear well at all and for whatever reason, looks a lot cheaper. The willow interiors looked far better because the interior doesn't show scratches nearly as bad. Same goes for the leather. I had always been a black/charcoal interior owner until I set foot in the G35 charcoal interior. Too bad the 05 wheat interior is so much lighter than the 03/04 willow. I'll never understand Infiniti's reasoning for that color. It's way too light. If I ever get an 05, it will need to have the stone interior.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
FYI, the current TL has painted trim too. I have an 03 with the titanium trim and I don't have a single scratch or rub mark anywhere. The car is 3 years old and I'm the second owner too. I don't throw sharp objects around my interiors so maybe that's why all my cars look new on the inside.

I like the new aluminum trim on the 05s, but I'd be far more worried about that trim because it will mare and scratch a lot easier.

As for materials, that's such a joke. The plastic grade and quality is exactly the same. The only thing that changed on the doors was the grab handle and armrest. The 05 interior is better, but let's not blow things out of proportion.

As for the charcoal interior, I was severely disappointed in every used charcoal interior G sedan I looked at. The interior doesn't wear well at all and for whatever reason, looks a lot cheaper. The willow interiors looked far better because the interior doesn't show scratches nearly as bad. Same goes for the leather. I had always been a black/charcoal interior owner until I set foot in the G35 charcoal interior. Too bad the 05 wheat interior is so much lighter than the 03/04 willow. I'll never understand Infiniti's reasoning for that color. It's way too light. If I ever get an 05, it will need to have the stone interior.
My '04 had the graphite interior, I didn't notice much wear after 19k, my console was also graphite, and it had the wood package, but the console marked easily, even laying my sunglasses on it left a mark, but I will say, the marks came off easily usually. Do you by any chance know what the brushed aluminum is coated with? It seems to have a clearcoat or something on it. I wasn't trying to blow things out of proportion, I just like my '05 interior better than my '04, lot's of little things are different, I do like the Stone interior more than the Graphite though. I think the Wheat interior is close to the color BMW has, is that right?

Old 09-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Well before calling me a troll you should know how to maintain your car..I am very good about maintaining my car and after being an 03, I have 1 to negligable scratches on my dash..the only issue I have is with rattling which gets corrected for few months every oil change..anyhow..I sat in the 05 and didnt like it at all..my 03 is far better I would say but still crap if you take TL interiors into picture for the same price..

Old 09-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB

As for materials, that's such a joke. The plastic grade and quality is exactly the same. The only thing that changed on the doors was the grab handle and armrest. The 95 interior is better, but let's not blow things out of proportion.

i agree

Old 09-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Crazi4Speed
Well before calling me a troll you should know how to maintain your car..I am very good about maintaining my car and after being an 03, I have 1 to negligable scratches on my dash..the only issue I have is with rattling which gets corrected for few months every oil change..anyhow..I sat in the 05 and didnt like it at all..my 03 is far better I would say but still crap if you take TL interiors into picture for the same price..
I will have you know that I am very good at maintaining my car as well, and am very picky about it! Unless you don't drive your car, sometimes things happen, drop a key, sunglasses, it happens! I will not agree it is crap compared to the TL, the '03 -'04 may have been, but not the '05, but again, that is just my opinion here. everybody likes different things.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:23 AM
d. A higher-resolution LCD would kill you?
5. Labels I can't remove like the LATCH labels on the rear seats, and the safety advisories on the visors. (probably just me)

~ Mike[/QUOTE]

Actually i agree about the latch labels, for some reason they just wreck the look of the back seat somehow..(probably just us)
i also agree about the LCD

Old 09-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Do you by any chance know what the brushed aluminum is coated with? It seems to have a clearcoat or something on it.
Yeah, I'm sure there is a clear coat on it. My biggest worry would be denting. If you pop that material with anything with a blunt end, it will most likely dent and will be reall obvious. However, I guess that's a small price to pay for a little bling.

I think the Wheat interior is close to the color BMW has, is that right?
Yep, it's close to many of the BMW's wheat-colored interiors, but BMW typically uses wheat and black. The G uses nearly all wheat and no black. The willow has more green and isn't near as loud. The willow upper dash cover is a lot darker too. The willow interior would look really clean if the dashboard didn't have so many gaps from all the panels. That's probably another reason the dash gets ripped on by the mags. Fewer panel gaps looks cleaner and more expensive.