G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Went to oil change today and got some trade-in numbers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Rob, In a few weeks/months, you'll be into the winter months where the X will shine big time...... I'd keep what you have, ...
My .02
C.
You almost got my name right. It's Bobby

Yeah, the winter months are the time when I really cherish my X. Yeah, I think I am keeping it but I just wanted that reality hit from the stealers so it'll freak me out and stop me from thinking about trading in again

Old 09-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when u have to plow through 4-6 inchs of snow to get to work in the winter time. U'll realize how much you love the X. Thats why I had to get the X. Everyday I think about how nice it would be if I lived somewhere else that doesn't snow, or snow as much as here. I remember I was in one of my company's office in NC last winter. They had 1 inch of snow. 1 inch........ and the site closed.

My advice is keep the X. At least for a few more yrs so ur not loosing that much.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by paulcl
when u have to plow through 4-6 inchs of snow to get to work in the winter time. U'll realize how much you love the X. Thats why I had to get the X. Everyday I think about how nice it would be if I lived somewhere else that doesn't snow, or snow as much as here. I remember I was in one of my company's office in NC last winter. They had 1 inch of snow. 1 inch........ and the site closed.

My advice is keep the X. At least for a few more yrs so ur not loosing that much.
Oh yeah...winter months are the only times I have no craving for M/T rwd.

The concensus here are I shouldn't trade in and that's most likely what I'll go with. I know if I would to put anymore money into the car then definitely calling off on the trade in (example: tire/rim upgrade)

Old 09-19-2005, 08:28 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeee2
You almost got my name right. It's Bobby

Yeah, the winter months are the time when I really cherish my X. Yeah, I think I am keeping it but I just wanted that reality hit from the stealers so it'll freak me out and stop me from thinking about trading in again

Mikee2, I think that's a wise choice, and pardon the-almost-got-the-name right-mis-spell.

C.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
People who are very financially comfortable, people whose parents are very financially comfortable and don't know how to tell junior no, or people with very little financial common sense.

It has to be one of the three. hehe..
I inquired about trading my '04 G35 simply because I liked the brakes on the '05 better, and made out okay on the deal, and am happy I traded, I usually keep my cars longer than the '04. I think my record was 3 months for a used '66 Mustang I bought after I got out of the Navy, and then got a letter from the VA giving me a new car allowance, traded it for a new '68 Mustang, no payment, LOL!

Old 09-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Mikee2, I think that's a wise choice, and pardon the-almost-got-the-name right-mis-spell.

C.
No problem. Collins

Old 09-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I inquired about trading my '04 G35 simply because I liked the brakes on the '05 better, and made out okay on the deal, and am happy I traded, I usually keep my cars longer than the '04. I think my record was 3 months for a used '66 Mustang I bought after I got out of the Navy, and then got a letter from the VA giving me a new car allowance, traded it for a new '68 Mustang, no payment, LOL!
May I ask how much did you lose on your trade in?

Old 09-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by gd1147
Dunno if this helps, but my 04 X lease is for 39 months, 12k miles and $0 of of pocket and I am only paying $500 a month. The lease number you got sounds a little high, but I am not the best number cruncher. My 2 cents.
My 05 G35 auto with premium, sport, and aero packages is $460 per month for 39 months with 15K miles per year and absolutely nothing down. First payment and drive off. That lease does sound high.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
My 05 G35 auto with premium, sport, and aero packages is $460 per month for 39 months with 15K miles per year and absolutely nothing down. First payment and drive off. That lease does sound high.
Wow...

The one he quoted me 05 m/t with only moonroof and was $436 for 39 months with 15k miles per yr with $2,500 down...

Seems like you got a very good deal. The dealer I went to was the same dealer that I got my X, which was $100 under invoice (this was Dec 04).

Old 09-21-2005, 12:29 AM
jcd
After driving around in our M35x, bluetooth is sweet! I keep thinking I want to trade in the G for an '06. But, I don't think bluetooth is worth the dollars I would lose trading in my '04. We got a GREAT deal when we traded our FX35 in for the M35x. We love our Infinitis!

Old 09-21-2005, 08:00 AM
I think most of you guys are crazy lol.. You buy a car and keep it till it is no longer reliable. Save your money and buy the next one for cash. Bluetooth and all is fine but I lived without it all these years. The more often you buy/trade/lease in the more money you lose... plain and simple.

A woman I know leases a car every 36 months since in her words she figures she will always have a car payment anyways and that she might as well drive something new all the time.

A good deal is where you lose less..you never make out... Well unless anyone here wants to buy my 05 g35x for 30,000 any takers!!? lol

Old 09-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Oh yeah...winter months are the only times I have no craving for M/T rwd.

The concensus here are I shouldn't trade in and that's most likely what I'll go with. I know if I would to put anymore money into the car then definitely calling off on the trade in (example: tire/rim upgrade)
Have you thought about a used 6MT? There would be a much smaller price difference. That's what I did. I then threw Michelin Pilot A/S tires on the car and it plows through snow. Just a suggestion.

Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Lip
Next G35 (GTR), isn't that like 70K ?No way in hell can I afford that. Totally agreed the X is slower as not as fun to drive. Yeah it's definitely a good car, no doubt about it.
Well the GTR will be pricey no doubt- However, I'm talking about the next G sedan/coupe on the updated platform.
I've also heard that the GTR is based off the next gen platform, not the current FM.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by kysrsoze
Have you thought about a used 6MT? There would be a much smaller price difference. That's what I did. I then threw Michelin Pilot A/S tires on the car and it plows through snow. Just a suggestion.
That's an idea too but not sure if I want a used car, plus I would only settle for an 05 with the revised interior. That's going to be a little tough.

You swapped an 04 AT to 04 MT?

Last edited by mikeee2; 09-21-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Lightbulb

Wow...

The one he quoted me 05 m/t with only moonroof and was $436 for 39 months with 15k miles per yr with $2,500 down...

Seems like you got a very good deal. The dealer I went to was the same dealer that I got my X, which was $100 under invoice (this was Dec 04).
Don't put any money down if you can help it. If someone hits you and totals your car in the beggining of the lease you will loose your down payment completely!

Yea my deal was pretty good considering I got my car in May right before all of the rebates came out. However, I have heard several people who have gotten their G’s for $1000 below invoice. Mine was $500 above invoice. The initial offer from the salesman was $509 for the same terms. I calmly said that I had done my research and that we should start at invoice. He came back with the $500 over offer and that sounded good to me. I couldn’t be happier with my G. As far as leasing goes yes it can be a horrible financial decision. However, if you plan on keeping a car for only 3 years and you don’t put a lot of miles on it you can actually end up about the same as if you bought it. It also affords you the option to just give them the car back after the lease ends in case the real world resale values aren’t really where you had expected them to be when you bought it. Just check out the KBB value for a nearly loaded(all but navigation) 05 Auto G35. They are very low because KBB knows about all of the deep discounts on these cars. My decision to lease is looking better and better every day!