G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

This "aint" no Altima

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: This "aint" no Altima

If you're the kind of person who thinks RWD v. FWD doesn't matter, then go ahead and get the Altima. You're not a sports sedan/performance oriented person. That's fine. For those that know and care about the differences, the CTS or the 330i are the correct class of car to compare the G35 against, and the Altima isn't even a consideration.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 07-15-2003, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

If you're the kind of person who thinks RWD v. FWD doesn't matter, then go ahead and get the Altima. You're not a sports sedan/performance oriented person.

<hr></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Um, okay. RWD v. FWD is somewhat more than a tiny variation... Anyone who thinks it's a "tiny variation" automatically is tuned out when they begin to get on a soap box.

<hr></blockquote>Are you people even reading the post? I clearly stated most people think RWD vs. FWD is a tiny variation. The best selling cars in America are FWD, so do you really think most people care? A lot of American drivers don't know the benefits/drawbacks of either, while some couldn't tell you if they're own car is FWD or RWD! That group doesn't include me, as I couldn't drive a FWD car, unless it's a beater. Obviously, the guy at the stereo shop who said it was a "souped up Altima" was one of these people who don't understand the benefits of RWD. As far as being on a "soap box", anyone who responds in any language other than English is automatically "tuned out"....

Ivory Pearl/Premium/Xenon/

Old 07-16-2003, 12:35 AM

You're right, most people don't care. Most members of the message board, however, probably do.

Old 07-16-2003, 08:29 AM

And who compares the interior either - not a chance the altima will look as good as willow with titanium in the G baby.

Old 07-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So we've established that A) people on here are more likely to care about RWD v. FWD, and B) people on here are more likely to care about the accouterments.
We are most likely to prefer a nice interior and RWD, correct?
Here's where I reach my final statement: To the peopl who matter in this case (those who are *educated* on the subject), the G35 is, in fact, a better car than the Altima. Those who are in the know believe, and thus it is so. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]
The End.

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
Indianapolis, IN

Old 07-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

PS. gaklid-

anyone who responds in any language other than English is automatically "tuned out"....

<hr></blockquote>
"Chacun son tour" is universal across many languages, many hundreds of years old. It is understood by the learned to mean "To each his own"; an idiomatic expression... I'm sorry you never learned that. Most of the words in English are taken directly from German, French, or Latin anyway... 33% of that sentence was 'english', anyway.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN

Old 07-16-2003, 08:14 PM

"Chacun son tour" is universal across many languages, many hundreds of years old. It is understood by the learned to mean "To each his own"; an idiomatic expression... I'm sorry you never learned that. Most of the words in English are taken directly from German, French, or Latin anyway... 33% of that sentence was 'english', anyway.

<hr></blockquote>Is "Chacun son tour" English? No it isn't, so my point is made. Don't bother feeling "sorry" for me, I've managed to get along quite fine all these years without knowing many arcane, obscure phrases. But thank you (I guess) for the pointless linguistics lesson....Jeez, people are always telling me to stay on the subject....Who are you, Dennis Miller?[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ivory Pearl/Premium/Xenon/

Old 07-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

My last post on this matter--
"C'est la vie", "ballet", "carpe diem", or (gotta add this one) "menage a trois" aren't english either, however I would assume most people would understand it. Hence "universally understood". At what point does something become the sole possession of the English language? We commandeered every other word we have from others...
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN

Old 07-16-2003, 10:16 PM

I've heard, and know, every one of those phrases in your last post there.. but I've never, ever heard of "chacun son tour."

Old 07-17-2003, 01:18 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin

That's really interesting-- I've been thinking about it today, and realized that since I've moved to the US I've not heard it in any public media... Every other country in which I've lived used it commonly, but not here. I'm not sure what it means when everyone in a country knows "menage a trois" as another country's main export to the English vernacular [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN