G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Anyone have a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s on their G35 Sedan? I live in FL and I am aware that they are not good for colder temps. I have also been told that they are noisy. Tirerack gives the tire great ratings except for snow. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by jbroadbent001
Anyone have a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s on their G35 Sedan? I live in FL and I am aware that they are not good for colder temps. I have also been told that they are noisy. Tirerack gives the tire great ratings except for snow. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
My concern is what size do they come in. I could not find the right size for my sport packages 18" wheels on tire rack. Has anyone been able to find these tires in the correct size. I had them on my 02 330i and they were outstanding.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jbroadbent001
Just installed a set of GS-D3's on my '04 Sedan, size 235/50/17 (stock sport alloy rims). Bought them online from Tire Rack.

* Although I only have under 1,000 miles on them, they ride very well and are quieter than the stock Goodyear Eagle GS tires they replaced - but that may change with more wear. It is critical that you have these tires balanced on a Hunter Road Force balancing machine (costs a little more, $5-$10 per tire, and not many shops have this machine because it is expensive). It will definitely make them ride nicer, but also, this more sensitive balancer was able to detect a "bad" tire, which the less sensitive (and less accurate) spin balancer would not have, and this prevented me from discovering 1,000 miles or so "down the road" that the tire was bad, probably after the 30 day satisfaction guarantee" period from Tire Rack was expired.

* Of all the performance tires I've ever owned, these are the quietest, so far. They also ride equal or better than any of the others, so far.

* Very sticky tires, especially after they are good and warm - you will get the most out of your stock "G" suspension with these, especially if you have the sport package.

* Yes, they are a bit "lumpy" and hard when cold. The magic number I was told was 50 degrees. Took a run to Lake Tahoe 1st day I had them, handled great, etc., but next morning it was 42 degrees outside, and they were "lumpy" and slick until they warmed up a bit - drive with caution when the outside temperature is cold, until you've brought the tires up to operating temperature.

* Don't know about the availability in 18" size - never researched that, but Tire Rack sure seems to have a large number of sizes available - go online and check them out.

* Tire Rack experience itself was great - tires arrived in 1 day at the local and recommended "authorized" installers and, when we found out about the "bad" tire (couldn't be balanced within "acceptable parameters") Tire Rack told us to balance it as best as possible, install it on the rear, and drive it till they replaced it. Replacement tire arrived in 2 days, installer installed it and shipped then bad tire back, and 2 days later I received notification that Tire Rack had reimbursed my credit card the cost of the mounting and balancing for the replacement tire - Good experience!!

* Just an observation - in Motor Trends latest issue, they test drive the new 2007 Z06 Vette ("Sell the Ferrari") - and in the article they rave about the great tires, the grip, the way the tires provide excellent road feel and feedback, and the confidence these tires gave them. They never actually named the tires, but in a close up photo you can clearly see the "F1" emblem

My $0.02

Old 09-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info, good stuff. I have purchased tires from Tirerack.com in the past, always has been a good experience.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
> 50 degrees?

Best tires ever, wet or dry. that's all I have to say

< 50 degrees?

You need to look elsewhere

Old 09-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by doogie
> 50 degrees?

Best tires ever, wet or dry. that's all I have to say

< 50 degrees?

You need to look elsewhere

What He Said.

Seriously, these tires are not intended for use in consistently cold weather.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Question

Originally Posted by dbarnes

* Don't know about the availability in 18" size - never researched that, but Tire Rack sure seems to have a large number of sizes available - go online and check them out.
I checked and the 05 G35 with the 18" sport tires is a size 235/45/18 all the way arround. There are only a handfull of tires made in this size. The only good option in the factory size that I could find are the Eagle F1 Supercars. They are $248.00 a tire even from tire rack. That is way too much. The GS-D3's are well under $200. I guess I am going to have to go to a non standard size when I get new shoes. Hasn't anyone else tried to get new tires for an 05 Sport Sedan with 18" wheels? What tires did you all get?

Trending Topics

Old 09-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
I checked and the 05 G35 with the 18" sport tires is a size 235/45/18 all the way arround. There are only a handfull of tires made in this size. The only good option in the factory size that I could find are the Eagle F1 Supercars. They are $248.00 a tire even from tire rack. That is way too much. The GS-D3's are well under $200. I guess I am going to have to go to a non standard size when I get new shoes. Hasn't anyone else tried to get new tires for an 05 Sport Sedan with 18" wheels? What tires did you all get?
Wow - Looks like you guys with the 18's are screwed at present, hope the manufacturers get on the ball and start making you some tires.

Usually, a good rule of thumb for a replacement tire keeping the same rim is to go up two sizes in width (255 instead of your present 235's), and go down one size in aspect ratio (40 instead of your present 45). Unfortunately, a search at Tire Rack revealed two things #1) they show only 225/45/18 as a replacement tire for all 4 wheels, while they show 255/40/18 for rears only as OK, so there must be a clearance issue with the front tires also being 255 wide? and #2) The Eagle GS-D3's in the 255/40/18 size are still incredibly expensive at $232 apiece, and we don't know if they will even fit on the front.

Dayum! I'm just glad I've got 17's, now. I can tell you, though, that there were few options for my car at first too, but the tire makers got on the ball and started producing alternatives right away, and they started coming available within about 1 year after I got my car. Hope the same is true for you - that they will come out with your appropriate size(s) at a reasonable cost before your tires wear out, although that doesn't help you if you just wanted to upgrade now

Old 09-24-2005, 12:07 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
I have 245/40/18 Bridgestone S0-3 pole positions on my stock 05' sport pack wheels. 245/40 is the closest size you can get to stock with not really affecting the speedometer. If you the speedometer reads 65mph you are really going 64.2mph with the 245/40's. You could probably also get away with a 245/45/18 or a 225/45/18 depending on if your car is lowered or not. Go to tires.com, then go under the info center and click on the tire calculations and enter your info. It will give you all the dimensions and differences of the stock tires and the new tires in whatever size you choose. Hope this helps

Old 09-24-2005, 12:54 AM
I have 245/45-18's on my sedan. I love them. Everything said about cold weather performance is correct. They need to warm up. When warm they stick like glue rain or shine. Quieter than the stock GSD's.

Mark

Old 09-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by sickpig
I have 245/45-18's on my sedan. I love them. Everything said about cold weather performance is correct. They need to warm up. When warm they stick like glue rain or shine. Quieter than the stock GSD's.

Mark
Do you have factory wheels?

Old 09-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I live in Florida and have Goodyear Eagle 215/55/17 RS-A on my 2005 G35 that I purchased today. How do these compare to the other tires listed??

Old 09-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by vrsc
I live in Florida and have Goodyear Eagle 215/55/17 RS-A on my 2005 G35 that I purchased today. How do these compare to the other tires listed??
The RS-A's aren't horrible, but they're just not real performance tires. Sidewalls are pretty soft, and they rear breaks free way too easily. Like the other OEM tires Infiniti uses, they simply DO NOT DO JUSTICE to the capabilities of the G35. I would sersiouly consider upgrading to a max or ultra high performance tire. It's like night and day. -T

Old 09-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Mine are mounted on 18x8 aftermarket wheels from Tirerack. Stocks were 17x7 with 215/55-17 GSD's. 22,000 miles. I'll sell them if anyone's interested.

Mark

Old 09-25-2005, 02:32 PM
now how would the F1's compare to for instance a Michelin Pilot Sport's or the Avon's? I've been reading up on all of them and just curious about everyones opinion / experience.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3