G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I could cry...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 07:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Get an estimate from a good shop and take it to the valet company.
G/L
C.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right well can't get the estimate for a while (not till Oct 6th!) so I will see what I can do. But I have witnesses the car wasn't damaged before I got there, someone else witnessed the manuever, I asked the guy if he hit anything and he said no. The best thing to do is I will basically see what valet company offers and then I guess next step is to file a police report? I mean **** if they offer to do 50/50 versus nothing I'll take it. Guess just time will tell, and if a second person calls in to report damage who valet in the same general area I may have more of a case.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Estimate was $936 hows that sound? And that was at the dealer repair.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:42 PM
I feel your pain. My '04 6MT Sedan (with 9000 miles on it) was parked way out in the back 40 in a Sams parking lot. Some f####n jack#ss let their grocery cart roll into the RR Quarter panel putting a nice big crease on the wheel well arch. I about puked when I saw the damage. I drive the car about twice a week and always park way out. $500 later its fixed......but it makes me sick that this lazy f### couldn't walk 20ft to put their cart up.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:57 PM
ouch, where did u go for repairs, a local body shop or the "dealer" collision center? And for me its apparently collision so a 1k deductable isn't worth paying more for haha.

*EDIT* Just spoke to the valet, the owner guy saw what happened apparently he was the one who moved the other vehicle. But he said his insurance won't cover it since I didn't file a police report then and there. Oh well...time to get more estimates. But the valet offered to "take care" of me next time I go in with drinks / food. I'm going to have the steak please :-) So be careful next time you goto East Andrews for the valet!

Last edited by erikill; 10-06-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Small Claims Time

I just spoke with a friend of mine who had a similar incident at ESPN zone. They pulled the same crap and he took them to small claims and they settled before going to court. Seems that I won't have to bite the bullet on this! wohoo just letting people know there is hope for those evil valets

Old 01-06-2006, 05:38 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad to hear that man. G/L with the claim. I hope they don't give you any hassles.
C.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Glad to hear that man. G/L with the claim. I hope they don't give you any hassles.
C.
right well i have a witness so i should be ok.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I had the g scratched in philly the other night at the football game, it is covered under collision insurance, (vandalism ) won't need to pay anything but what a pain in the @&*%$.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:45 PM
i'm not a valet or a lawyer, but i'm going to guess that you have a contract w/ the company that states you loose any right to claim damages unless you note before you leave. do you still have the ticket stub? read the back and it will probably let you know. you can threaten them w/ small claims court, better business, ect., but it will take more time and effort than to just fix it in the first place.

sucks man, but the burden of proof is on your side and since you drove off it'll be pretty easy for them to deny it and say your trying to scam them.

sorry dude, that sucks big time.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by erikill
Estimate was $936 hows that sound? And that was at the dealer repair.
Dang! I just got a quote to repaint my entire hood due to flying metal off a truck for $800.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by erikill
ouch, where did u go for repairs, a local body shop or the "dealer" collision center? And for me its apparently collision so a 1k deductable isn't worth paying more for haha.

*EDIT* Just spoke to the valet, the owner guy saw what happened apparently he was the one who moved the other vehicle. But he said his insurance won't cover it since I didn't file a police report then and there. Oh well...time to get more estimates. But the valet offered to "take care" of me next time I go in with drinks / food. I'm going to have the steak please :-) So be careful next time you goto East Andrews for the valet!

What ever happened to this?

~ Mike

Old 01-06-2006, 10:04 PM
The owner admitted he saw what happened, as did the person moving the car. Plus I have witnesses so its just a matter of them sucking it up and claiming it on their insurance. I'm filling the papers Monday or Tuesday. I don't have 1G to pay for this, so 60 bucks to small claims is worth it, and doubt they will want to hire a lawyer,etc. The ticket stub means nothing spoke to plenty of lawyers, its just a clause of denyablity, but won't hold up in court since they're still liable for any damage. The person who had the same thing happen at ESPN zone and he just said to be persistent and don't let them take u. My valet company is a dinky one, the one who damaged his car was Ameripark which is a pretty big company.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:19 PM
glad to hear it!! good luck, hopefully they won't change their story.