G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

SLIP and VDC light no acceleration! HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ansetou
same thing happend to me 2ice. but in both times, my car only appeared to be little not smooth on acceleration. the funny part is the first the "service engine soon" light went on, i called dealer to schedule an appointment, and it went off before the day of service. but they still somehow got the record from the ecu. my problem is these 2 failures happened about 2 months apart. when asked, the service manager at my dealer, millenium infiniti, said he doesn't know what cuased it. when i'm picking up my car thursday i'll grab some mechnic guy to ask.
I took the guys there 3 visits to finally realize that I needed a new tranny. Sometimes I get the sense that they trying to avoid doing warranty repairs by claiming they can't find problems.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Add me the list of people with the brake/vdc/slip light on issue. It happened a second time from a cold start for me today. However I don't have the loss of acceleration thing going on. The car milage is about 24k (no brakes changed yet.) However I did recently changed my wheels (different manufacturer but same exact specs/size.)

I don't know what the deal is. I've about 3 more months left on the warrenty and will take it in asap.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:29 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
alright i am not sure if i am having the same problem as you all. You guys are having your slip lights go on and your engine service light go on and stay on?

Me when i am at a light and i try to accelerate fast from the red sometimes it flashes slip for second and i can sorta feel it not pickup speed for that split second and that light appears for a blink of an eye and goes off and my car works fine right after it goes off.. its starting to happen more and more.

It never happened before then it happened once when i was making a turn fast now its doing it more and more

is this leading to the problem you all have or is it just because my wheels dont have traction when i try to accelerate fast off a red and it doesnt always happen when i try to accelerate just sometimes.

opinions please? and also if this is an early case of what your all going through can i go to the dealership and talk to them about the problem now and they can fix it before it becomes serious maybe?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by toymachine2009
alright i am not sure if i am having the same problem as you all. You guys are having your slip lights go on and your engine service light go on and stay on?

Me when i am at a light and i try to accelerate fast from the red sometimes it flashes slip for second and i can sorta feel it not pickup speed for that split second and that light appears for a blink of an eye and goes off and my car works fine right after it goes off.. its starting to happen more and more.

It never happened before then it happened once when i was making a turn fast now its doing it more and more

is this leading to the problem you all have or is it just because my wheels dont have traction when i try to accelerate fast off a red and it doesnt always happen when i try to accelerate just sometimes.

opinions please? and also if this is an early case of what your all going through can i go to the dealership and talk to them about the problem now and they can fix it before it becomes serious maybe?
That's just your VDC at work...

Old 01-15-2007, 11:50 AM
alright thanks for the help

Old 01-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
happens to me too. i leave for work at 630 am after warming the engine for 5 mins.

i gun it exiting my apt complex and i guess cuz of the cold temp, the tires slip and i get the light on. hehe i just luv lead footing it

Old 01-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by clinthammer

i gun it exiting my apt complex and i guess cuz of the cold temp, the tires slip and i get the light on. hehe i just luv lead footing it
Amen to that

Old 06-28-2007, 01:00 AM
I have the same problem, it shutters at about 10mph. I prevent it by driving slow for the first min

Old 09-23-2007, 02:48 PM
VDC and Service Engine Soon lights

Originally Posted by heetenism
Something is terribly wrong with my car! i have had it for 6 months.. has anyone else had this problem? the SLIP and VDC off light come on and the car has no acceleration.. this happens sporadically.. dont know why? is the transmission screwed? any advice is appreciated.. think i have a lemon.
Hi all. Same thing happened to me 3 times ( the last time on dealership's parking lot ). Each time they replaced the throttle body but the problem wold not go away. The last time guy noticed that the battery level is below normal and replaced it. He explained that after engine is off the throttle should open a bit so can vent and because the battery is to weak this is not happening (causing error message). Since the battery replacement the problem disappeared for good (hopefully). You may try the same. Good luck.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Funny same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. I have 95,000 on my car now. I am taking it to forged, they should be able to fix this pretty quick.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:56 AM
This thread seems to be the closest to my current issue.

I was driving yesterday and the SES light came on. I noticed there was almost zero acceleration going on and I had to really punch it just to make it through traffic. Once I pulled over, I turned the car off, sat for 5 mins, then restarted it...

Back to normal with the SES light still on.

This morning I punched it to 60mph as usual, and there were no problems.

I'm gonna have my guy read the codes tonight and see what's going on.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:57 PM
My guy just checked for code and the reader spat back nothing. He cleared the codes, and i'm back riding it as usual. Strange.

I'll keep an eye out and update if it happens again.

Old 12-13-2019, 11:51 PM
Coupe Automatic
this is a broken rubber bumper at the top of the gas pedal assembly. need removal of assembly to see. fix with 6 mm bolt (30 cents).
do not get fooled by expense repair here.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:32 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
This thread is 12 years old and there hasn't been a reply in the last 4 years.

What rubber bumper are you talking about on the throttle pedal?

Old 12-15-2019, 12:27 AM
Coupe Automatic
if you are having no acceleration at all from the engine no matter you are on P or D, and it is not an intermittent problem but just there is no "reset" after turning off the car, it is probable a problem with the gas pedal, and most probably is a rubber bump located at the top of gas pedal assembly

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLIP and VDC light no acceleration! HELP!